Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

We 1911 slide completely locks up and is very hard to move.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 9th, 2017, 20:07   #31
XOIIO

Posted on the airsoft reddit, apparently this just happens with suppressors on tilting barrel designs, especially if the suppressor is as long/heady as this one, I wonder if there are any shorter/lighter ones that would be better suited to the length of this extended barrel, since the suppressor is quite a bit longer than it.

XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 20:09   #32
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

You should not have to file anything to get it working. Ok, it's an old style WE made of crappy materials, but at worst, you will need a new nozzle and/or spring and/or blowback housing.

Before you start making irreversible changes, you might want to show it to a gun doc or something. Bring it to games and ask people around, someone will probably agree to take a look and could help you further.This is a common problem with old style WE pistols, and it can definitely be fixed without altering any part permanently.

The suppressor can definitely cause this problem, BUT, unless you damaged your slide/outer barrel permanently, it should work fine without the suppressor. Which it is not, so it points at another problem.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 20:13   #33
XOIIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
You should not have to file anything to get it working. Ok, it's an old style WE made of crappy materials, but at worst, you will need a new nozzle and/or spring and/or blowback housing.

Before you start making irreversible changes, you might want to show it to a gun doc or something. Bring it to games and ask people around, someone will probably agree to take a look and could help you further.This is a common problem with old style WE pistols, and it can definitely be fixed without altering any part permanently.

The suppressor can definitely cause this problem, BUT, unless you damaged your slide/outer barrel permanently, it should work fine without the suppressor. Which it is not, so it points at another problem.

It _is_ working fine without the suppressor, I was able to fire off multiple magazines without a single hiccup, about to do two or three more to confirm this.

Apparently the suppressor is likely messing up the timing because the outer barrel can't move fast enough, someone on facebook mentioned a stronger recoil spring, I wonder if that would work. Also asked the guy on the reddit post about this possibility.
Old January 9th, 2017, 20:28   #34
Drakker

Ohh, then in this case ditch the suppressor. Actually, the suppressor is weighting down on the chamber, and the locking lugs on the outer barrel won't engage with those on the slide and jam instead. You can see the missing paint on the lugs on one of your pictures, which is a strong indicator of this problem.

If you really must have a pistol with a suppressor, look at the WE Makarov. It has a fixed barrel, so you can use a suppressor all the time. Otherwise there's the TM MK23, but its a non-blowback with a hard trigger pull.

Old January 9th, 2017, 20:47   #35
XOIIO

Yeah, I might try a shorter one at some point, mine is a good 50mm longer than needed, a little more actually I think, idk you can see how long it is in that picture.

Anyhow, she's back to stock now, it's a good thing it's a good looking gun, and I actually do like the feel of it like this, I did kind of feel like switching over to the shorter barrel anyhow, just not permanently.

I might work on taking all the paint off this barrel since it's so worn now, and I am going to grab a black madbull compensator for it, provided it will work, this style: http://www.evike.com/products/34497/

These just replace the barrel bushing right? I'm not sure if they also need an extended spring cap and longer recoil spring or not, it's probably fine, I just don't know how it would look from the front.
Old January 9th, 2017, 20:55   #36
RainyEyes

Sigh I should have expected someone running a long barrel also had a suppressor... You left that out and I thought you were just some wackjob who liked an exposed inner barrel.

And like I said don't file anything. Making irreversible changes without knowing what's actually wrong is like changing the tires of a car when you're out of gas because the car is moving slow.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 21:24   #37
XOIIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Sigh I should have expected someone running a long barrel also had a suppressor... You left that out and I thought you were just some wackjob who liked an exposed inner barrel.

And like I said don't file anything. Making irreversible changes without knowing what's actually wrong is like changing the tires of a car when you're out of gas because the car is moving slow.
Nope, not a whackjob, wish I was because I would have saved a lot of trouble. Didn't file anything yet, so she's back to factory.
Old January 9th, 2017, 22:07   #38
Drakker

If you really want a suppressor for that pistol, look into ultra light carbon fiber suppressors.

The longer barrel probably didn't help with accuracy, but it did help with power. What matters in a barrel is the quality of the bore, not the length.

Old January 10th, 2017, 02:13   #39
XOIIO

Quote:
If you really want a suppressor for that pistol, look into ultra light carbon fiber suppressors.

The longer barrel probably didn't help with accuracy, but it did help with power. What matters in a barrel is the quality of the bore, not the length.
Yeah the power did drop a huge amount.

I'll look into those suppressor, probably a bit of a price premium but this sport is kind of about that isn't it? Lol
Old January 10th, 2017, 03:19   #40
XOIIO

Well, the carbon fiber ones are only available with that carbon fiber look, I guess not surprising but it does suck.

The soccom gear version of this gun has a longer outer barrel with exterior threads and comes with this suppressor, which is much shorter (this one is 125mm, mine is 165mm). http://www.evike.com/products/35405/

I am trying to find out how much it weighs to compare them, but maybe this would be a workable option, if the fact that this one jammed up so much means that this one won't start having issues, not sure.

Last edited by XOIIO; January 10th, 2017 at 03:22..
Old January 10th, 2017, 05:43   #41
Drakker

You can paint the carbom fiber supressors to hide the fibers.

Old January 10th, 2017, 06:14   #42
XOIIO

Quote:
You can paint the carbom fiber supressors to hide the fibers.
Hmm, I wonder if I could manage to get that nice of a finish though, generally I suck at spray painting lol.
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:39   #43
Drakker

Go for an old worn out look instead.

Old January 10th, 2017, 09:28   #44
XOIIO

Quote:
Go for an old worn out look instead.
Doing some weathering on the paint, and exacerbating the wear on some areas might look good but I have no artistic ability and I like the gun looking mostly new lol, I like genuine wear and tear more anyhow.
Old January 10th, 2017, 09:35   #45
Drakker

Then get it done by a professional. It might even be possible to cerakote them, that would be really though.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion