Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Heavy-Weight Blowback Housing for increased kick/recoil?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 21st, 2016, 10:53   #1
Activist
Airsoft SJW - potential hazard on the streets beware......

Heavy-Weight Blowback Housing for increased kick/recoil?

Is there such a thing? I realize it would lead to poor gas consumption, and would require upgraded hi-flow valves and preferably use c02-levels of psi.

I'm trying to match the recoil felt by a .22lr (or stronger if possible) in my gbb pistol but all there seems to be in regards to upgraded blowback housing's (other than original parts) is lightweight or ultra light weight... What about heavy weight? To increase the overall mass that's getting propelled into your palm?

Other than upgraded high-flow valves, hammer springs/valve knockers, and floating valves is there any other way to increase the recoil (when the slide and housing is already constructed of metal)?

Thanks

P.S. this idea isn't for airsoft gaming, it's for weapons training and replicated shooting realism. So please don't tell me how my idea is stupid. I'm attempting to replicate the realism not the performance. Thanks again!
Activist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 10:59   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
In essence to your answer; no.

For pistols - only way would be CO2 route, with a 150% recoil spring.. ex. KJW P-09 Duty CO2.

For rifles like WE, you can get a heavier recoil buffer and spring buffer, paired with CO2, you can get some decent recoil.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 11:51   #3
Activist
Airsoft SJW - potential hazard on the streets beware......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
In essence to your answer; no.

For pistols - only way would be CO2 route, with a 150% recoil spring.. ex. KJW P-09 Duty CO2.

For rifles like WE, you can get a heavier recoil buffer and spring buffer, paired with CO2, you can get some decent recoil.
Why would a 150% recoil spring INCREASE recoil? wouldn't it do the exact opposite but return the slide to battery quicker?

I was contemplating reducing my 150% recoil spring to 120% or even 100%. I figure that way the recoil will be stronger, just not as snappy.
Activist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 11:54   #4
BioRage

Yes you are correct, weaker the recoil spring, the more the recoil.
Old March 21st, 2016, 14:27   #5
SuperCriollo

I believe the Volante BBUs may fit that description :P

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 15:22   #6
Kungpow

I think you would need a steel slide then slap an red dot optic on the slide then find a heavy BBU,use a normal recoil spring and then use CO2/HPA. Anything to make the slide and the components more heavy.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 15:25   #7
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
I think you would need a steel slide then slap an red dot optic on the slide then find a heavy BBU,use a normal recoil spring and then use CO2/HPA. Anything to make the slide and the components more heavy.
+1 to steel slide.

anyways, you'll never reach that recoil with a pistol, barley reach it with a rifle. Just be happy with a CO2 pistol _

Last edited by BioRage; March 21st, 2016 at 15:30..
Old March 21st, 2016, 15:33   #8
cav.

I don't think you'll ever get felt recoil like a .22 on a airsoft gun, metal slide would most likely explode in the front sending the slide to your face. Even with steel side, you would need at the least a 150% spring to bring the slide back to forward, anything less than 150% would have trouble. GBBP and GBBR honestly is as real as it gets...what more do you want??? Lol seriously, they are already a great platform for training purposes, even AEG tbh. I don't know what increased recoil would help or do for your "weapons training," but I feel if you shoot real steel you would understand your own firearm and how to handle it with confidence, and airsoft is merely a cheaper alternative for training so that you can apply it to real shooting. But if airsoft is not enough to replicate the the training for you (because not enough recoil, not realisiticism enough) to migrate said training to real, you are a poor shooter.

This video will help you
https://youtu.be/GoHA-rhGeG4

Last edited by cav.; March 21st, 2016 at 17:32..
cav. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 17:19   #9
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav. View Post
I dont think youll get felt recoil like a .22 on airsoft gun, metal slide would most likely explode in the front sending the slide to your face. Even with steel side, you would need at the least a 150% spring to bring the slide back to forward, anything less than 150% would have trouble. GBBP and GBBR honestly is as real as it gets...what more do you want??? Lol seriously, they are already a great platform for training purposes, even AEG tbh. I don't know what increased recoil would help or do for your "weapons training," but I feel if you shoot real steel you would understand your own firearm and how to handle it with confidence, and airsoft is merely a cheaper alternative for training so that you can apply it to real shooting. But if airsoft is not enough to replicate the the training for you (because not enough recoil, not realisiticism enough) to migrate said training to real, you are a poor shooter.

This video will help you
https://youtu.be/GoHA-rhGeG4
^This

The recoil springs on real steel counterparts are night and day compared to airsoft. Theoretically speaking, airsoft parts would break in less than 1 magazine if they were put under the same conditions. Pot metal, weak recoil springs, the (Made in China) works. Real steel is made from stainless steel. Pistol slides are cnc'd from solid blocks of steel for real steel parts.

I've held a p226 in a CRFSC and trying to rack back the slide felt like i'd say 4-5x stronger than an airsoft pistol's recoil spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activist View Post
P.S. this idea isn't for airsoft gaming, it's for weapons training and replicated shooting realism. So please don't tell me how my idea is stupid. I'm attempting to replicate the realism not the performance. Thanks again!
tl;dr:
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 18:25   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by cav. View Post
I don't think you'll ever get felt recoil like a .22 on a airsoft gun
Most GBBR's have about the same recoil as a 22LR rifle, or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post

The recoil springs on real steel counterparts are night and day compared to airsoft.
On a 22LR rifle, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
I've held a p226 in a CRFSC and trying to rack back the slide felt like i'd say 4-5x stronger than an airsoft pistol's recoil spring.
Sure, on a 9mm maybe. On a 22LR, not so much.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications