Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

(Legality) Purchasing a Canadian CG634 Helmet and Cadapat Helmet Cover

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 16th, 2015, 02:05   #1
Kungpow

(Legality) Purchasing a Canadian CG634 Helmet and Cadapat Helmet Cover

So I know where to find a CG634 Helmet and the Cover. I am just concerned about the legality of doing so. Is it legal if i just buy the helmet and forget about the cover? Or should I report this to a Canadian MP? This is at a surplus store, and one of the guys there was telling me a CF member sold his gear at the store. I saw it myself. (A pair of Cadpat trousers and one jacket/ Combat)
They all check out to be the real thing too, I saw the NSN tags.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2015, 14:38   #2
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
So I know where to find a CG634 Helmet and the Cover. I am just concerned about the legality of doing so. Is it legal if i just buy the helmet and forget about the cover? Or should I report this to a Canadian MP? This is at a surplus store, and one of the guys there was telling me a CF member sold his gear at the store. I saw it myself. (A pair of Cadpat trousers and one jacket/ Combat)
They all check out to be the real thing too, I saw the NSN tags.
Based on your location, I assume you are referring to the Body Armour Control Act: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/em...es/body-armour

Do not quote me, but I believe it only refers to body armor. A helmet is a garment that protects your head and not your body, so it is not illegal to purchase or possess based on this loophole.

The exception is if you are required by your employer or have a license to own body armor. The laws do not specify helmets and their covers.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2015, 18:41   #3
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

CADPAT isn't legally on the Civilian market, as it's a controlled good. Any real CF CADPAT you find was either stolen (Sold by member counts) or mistakenly/accidentally released, as some people in my trade are idiots and don't do their job right.

We also do not "Surplus" helmets, they're to be destroyed upon the end of their service life as well, so same as above.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2015, 21:22   #4
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
CADPAT isn't legally on the Civilian market, as it's a controlled good. Any real CF CADPAT you find was either stolen (Sold by member counts) or mistakenly/accidentally released, as some people in my trade are idiots and don't do their job right.
So Gato has good authority on this that I was unaware of.

Section 419 CC:

Unlawful use of military uniforms or certificates

419. Every one who without lawful authority, the proof of which lies on him,

(a) wears a uniform of the Canadian Forces or any other naval, army or air force or a uniform that is so similar to the uniform of any of those forces that it is likely to be mistaken therefor, ...

So no, that CADPAT constitutes as gov property and cannot be sold to civilians on the public market.

Eh, call MP or not, it's your call, just don't buy the cover. Helmet is still a gray area.

Incidentally I've been told that there was an actual surplus kevlar helmet for sale at a military surplus store in DT Toronto. $200 vs the $50 for a replica, no CADPAT though.
Old October 16th, 2015, 22:05   #5
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
So Gato has good authority on this that I was unaware of.

Section 419 CC:

Unlawful use of military uniforms or certificates

419. Every one who without lawful authority, the proof of which lies on him,

(a) wears a uniform of the Canadian Forces or any other naval, army or air force or a uniform that is so similar to the uniform of any of those forces that it is likely to be mistaken therefor, ...

So no, that CADPAT constitutes as gov property and cannot be sold to civilians on the public market.

Eh, call MP or not, it's your call, just don't buy the cover. Helmet is still a gray area.

Incidentally I've been told that there was an actual surplus kevlar helmet for sale at a military surplus store in DT Toronto. $200 vs the $50 for a replica, no CADPAT though.
Yeah I might buy the helmet. I may buy the cover too.
Old October 17th, 2015, 10:43   #6
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

To clarify one thing: FIRST line, issued Cadpat is what Gato is referring to. There are many companies that legally manufacture items using real SECOND or THIRD line cadpat material.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2015, 11:08   #7
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I've seen members of the CF turn people or companies in for unlawfully selling or owning official kit. Some of them take that very seriously, and I fully understand. My recommendation is to report it. The business may not even get in trouble, probably will just have the items confiscated. If he has the seller's name however, that may be a different story. I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy in possession of a controlled item or items however.
Old October 17th, 2015, 20:54   #8
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I've seen members of the CF turn people or companies in for unlawfully selling or owning official kit. Some of them take that very seriously, and I fully understand. My recommendation is to report it. The business may not even get in trouble, probably will just have the items confiscated. If he has the seller's name however, that may be a different story. I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy in possession of a controlled item or items however.
Well If I do rat the company out, there would be a possibility of the store getting a hefty fine, or even out of business if the government decides to shut it down. Even if someone decided to buy a Cadpat Uniform/ Helmet and it was in their possession, what would it be the right coarse of action? Take it to a CF Barracks? Give it to a MP?
Old October 17th, 2015, 22:33   #9
RainyEyes

Quote:
Well If I do rat the company out, there would be a possibility of the store getting a hefty fine, or even out of business if the government decides to shut it down. Even if someone decided to buy a Cadpat Uniform/ Helmet and it was in their possession, what would it be the right coarse of action? Take it to a CF Barracks? Give it to a MP?
You're assuming you're making 2 wrongs here.

Assuming you can buy the helmet still, you don't have to buy the CADPAT.

Second, it's not your job to deal with the police. You can report it and that's about it, you don't give it to the MP nor the CF, they decide what to do with it, and if the business gets punishment or w/e. That's not your call.

Depending on your maxims, you do what you think is right. No one will impose their will on you unless it is their duty to do so.
Old October 18th, 2015, 18:41   #10
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
To clarify one thing: FIRST line, issued Cadpat is what Gato is referring to. There are many companies that legally manufacture items using real SECOND or THIRD line cadpat material.
The difference would be in the lack of IR treatment in regards to the second and third line CADPAT.

From my understanding, that's CADPAT that didn't "Make the grade" for CF use and was deemed acceptable for release for whatever reason. CADPAT, in and of itself, is property of the CF, as such, it's considered a controlled good. For some reason, we occasionally do let companies dabble with CADPAT material, but it's not IR treated from what I've been brought to understand
Old October 18th, 2015, 18:43   #11
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Quite frankly, I don't think anyone here, myself included, really cares.

Buy it and wear it to airsoft, I guarantee, you'll find the helmet stupid heavy compared to others. The weight is pointless for airsoft.

We're only going to care if you start running around pretending to be CF or wearing badges, medals, ranks or shit you haven't earned and have no right to bear. :P

Quote:
Quite frankly, I don't think anyone here, myself included, really cares.

Buy it and wear it to airsoft, I guarantee, you'll find the helmet stupid heavy compared to others. The weight is pointless for airsoft.

We're only going to care if you start running around pretending to be CF or wearing badges, medals, ranks or shit you haven't earned and have no right to bear. :P
Old October 18th, 2015, 20:18   #12
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I've seen a double post before, but not like that. That takes double posting to a whole new low. I mean, ...how the? ...what?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.2 KB, 33 views)
Old October 20th, 2015, 05:01   #13
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I've seen a double post before, but not like that. That takes double posting to a whole new low. I mean, ...how the? ...what?
Haha, there's a reason I hate using ASC on my phone :P
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion