Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE Glock 17 Short Stroking

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 17th, 2014, 19:20   #1
Kungpow

WE Glock 17 Short Stroking

Hi there, I have been having short stroking problems on my Echo 1 Timberwolf for awhile, and I am wondering what I need to modify to get it running smoothly.

I have these upgrades

Guarder Steel Barrel

Guarder BBU

Shooters Design 150% recoil spring

Guns Modify Zero Hammer ( Looks like the top sliver part has been deformed due to it hitting the top of the BBU...looks like some considerable wear.)

Guns Modify Hammer Spring 150%

The short stroking started when I replaced the BBU. Reason I did this was because I was stupid, and wanted to save money than getting a zero hammer. The result was a smooth slide action, but the BBU would not pull the hammer back. I am still using the stock nozzle and I have cleaned it when I installed it. It might be the nozzle or fitment issues with the Guarder BBU but I am not too sure. Oh and the rear metal part of the hop-up dial is smashed for some reason.

Thanks in advance!
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 23:59   #2
Kungpow

Has anyone used the Guarder BBU? I cant seem to find any info on the part.
Old November 18th, 2014, 00:11   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Maybe put the stock BBU back? Why did you change it? The Guarder was probably made to TM spec, and your gun might not be.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 02:07   #4
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Swap out parts one at a time until the issue improves or disappears. I would put money on the Guarder BBU or anything within that area being the issue.

Most of the time, the issue is the piston head has gotten loose to the point that it won't seal correctly, or the seal was never any good to begin with. That, or something is so off that not enough gas is entering the nozzle to let it kick the slide back.

In this order, I would look at:

- BBU (This probably messed everything up - what was wrong with stock?)
- Zero Hammer (Might be dragging or interfering with BBU)
- Hammer Spring (Might be affecting the hammer or installed wrong)
- Steel Barrel (It'd have to cycle really roughly to start short stroking that bad)
- Recoil Spring (+50% will not cause a short stroke- I'm running close to 175%)

As well WE parts are not 100% TM spec. Well, they are TM spec in theory, just horribly off in every dimension. Gives me fits trying to make parts work.

EDIT: Wait, do you have an E1 Timberwolf or WE Glock 17? I'm confused - your post name and your post differ.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 03:11   #5
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeStopCalling View Post
Swap out parts one at a time until the issue improves or disappears. I would put money on the Guarder BBU or anything within that area being the issue.

Most of the time, the issue is the piston head has gotten loose to the point that it won't seal correctly, or the seal was never any good to begin with. That, or something is so off that not enough gas is entering the nozzle to let it kick the slide back.

In this order, I would look at:

- BBU (This probably messed everything up - what was wrong with stock?)
- Zero Hammer (Might be dragging or interfering with BBU)
- Hammer Spring (Might be affecting the hammer or installed wrong)
- Steel Barrel (It'd have to cycle really roughly to start short stroking that bad)
- Recoil Spring (+50% will not cause a short stroke- I'm running close to 175%)

As well WE parts are not 100% TM spec. Well, they are TM spec in theory, just horribly off in every dimension. Gives me fits trying to make parts work.

EDIT: Wait, do you have an E1 Timberwolf or WE Glock 17? I'm confused - your post name and your post differ.
I believe that a WE G17 is a Echo 1 Timberwolf. Kjw does not make full size Glocks and its too afordable to be a TM. I think it was short stroking before I installed the Zero Hammer, I'll look into the BBU first. Thanks
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:06   #6
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
why guarder bbu? if ur gona drop that much might as well get a UAC or Guns Modify One.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 17:45   #7
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
why guarder bbu? if ur gona drop that much might as well get a UAC or Guns Modify One.
I got the Guarder one because I found it for $20 or so. The reason why I swapped it, is because I found out if you sand down a certain spot on the BBU there would be a smoother slide cycle. I sanded it down too much, and it was not engaging the hammer. I read ''Turok's TM G17 AIP Hammer Set and Guarder G17 Slide Combined Tutorial'' after I found out that I messed up badly. Now I probably need to buy a new BBU, or somehow modify the Guarder one... if anyone has done it before.
Old November 18th, 2014, 18:19   #8
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
I got the Guarder one because I found it for $20 or so. The reason why I swapped it, is because I found out if you sand down a certain spot on the BBU there would be a smoother slide cycle. I sanded it down too much, and it was not engaging the hammer. I read ''Turok's TM G17 AIP Hammer Set and Guarder G17 Slide Combined Tutorial'' after I found out that I messed up badly. Now I probably need to buy a new BBU, or somehow modify the Guarder one... if anyone has done it before.
I would go talk to Echo 1 about getting some stock parts. Guarder won't be a perfect fit, and no, the guns are not made be WE. You're kinda SOL if you keep going for more and more custom parts.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2014, 22:17   #9
Kungpow

Fixed

I could not find a spare BBU from the Echo1 airsoft shop...soo I bought a WE Glock 17 slide. It came with alot of free stuff too. I kinda like it.....

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner