Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

We 1911 slide completely locks up and is very hard to move.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 10th, 2017, 09:53   #46
XOIIO

I'll probably put my airsoft funds towards getting a red dot mount for the novak cut and hopefully those ebay docter red dot sights are decent, going to post in the accessory forum and see if people have tried them out.
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:19   #47
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

If you want to put a red dot on it, get a frame or rail mount. Red dots are too heavy for the slide, and will cause more problems. It will also make the gun sluggish. And no, those ebay docter sight will not withstand the recoil.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:32   #48
XOIIO

Yeah I haven't been able to find a red dot sight mount that isn't for hi-capa guns, there's a company called kozac that makes a mini red dot sight in this style and it looks promising, it's about $100 though.

I was also hoping for a slide mount because it looks better, and will still fit in a holster. I need to find out how much that kozac one weighs, the gun must be able to handle a little bit of weight on the slide but I don't want to spend a bunch only to find out it does cause issues.

If there was a picatinny cantilever mount that was nice and low down though that would be a nice option, a lot that I see are quite high above the slide, I also want to keep my rail functional for a light/laser in future, so frame mount might be good although I don't want to go drilling and tapping holes in the gun.

I do wish the front sight had the dovetail, novak night sights look cool, and I do like the novak design, they would probably come to about the same as this red dot setup and then I could use a mini laser on the rail for quick aiming.
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:38   #49
XOIIO

Only one shop in town that can do milling, $60-$70 but apparently they haven't done it much, bleh. That's not super confidence inspiring.
Old January 10th, 2017, 10:46   #50
XOIIO

Oh, 125g for the red dot sight itself.
Old January 15th, 2017, 03:27   #51
BulletPROZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
A few things to check, first, your nozzle return spring looks damaged, it should not have a coil dangling at the end. It should fit perfectly in its slot on the blowback chamber.

Second, on one of the pic (linked below this paragraph), it looks like the nozzle is maybe catching on the internals. It's hard to see, but if it does catch, then is means your blowback chamber is misaligned and is pointing downwards, which causes exactly the problem you are having. Make sure you screw the screw behind the chamber (where the hammer hits) first, then make sure that the chamber is not moving when you screw the top screw. If your nozzle chamber spring was misaligned and was partly crushed between the slide and the chamber it can cause this problem. That would explain the damaged nozzle spring.

[Edit] Wow, opened that tab a few hours ago, now just replied and there's a bunch of replies... looks like you already found the problem.

Hi, I recently acquired a 7-8 year old WE 1911 MEU, Basically the same gun, and it has the same problems. I read this whole thread and i learned i was missing a piece the the blowback chamber, The rectangle piece on the bottom right (pic below, not my pic). im going to assume this is what causing my nozzle to not be straight and get stuck because its not aliened. Also what is that small rectangle piece called/ What is the part number, i cant seem to find it. Thanks Drakker for pointing that out.

This is how my Gun would get stuck much like XOIIO would.

Quote:
Go for an old worn out look instead.
PS
Is this a good worn out look LMAO

Last edited by BulletPROZ; January 15th, 2017 at 03:32..
BulletPROZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2017, 08:12   #52
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

That's a nice worn out look. ;)

Here's the part:
https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/produ...rch=1911+%2315

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2017, 09:29   #53
XOIIO

Yeah, that definitely is a nice worn look, it's too bad the slide and frame are different metals which lead to that difference in coloring.
Old January 15th, 2017, 16:52   #54
BulletPROZ

Quote:
That's a nice worn out look.

Here's the part:
https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/produ...rch=1911+%2315
Thanks , I found the part at ehobby Asia, I also plan on replacing my hammer to a better shape for slide movement , and I need to get the slide stop, I also needed to get a tm glock 26 trigger bar

But thanks I now found the part
Old January 15th, 2017, 16:54   #55
BulletPROZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOIIO View Post
Yeah, that definitely is a nice worn look, it's too bad the slide and frame are different metals which lead to that difference in coloring.
True , but I don't mind , as long as I can get it to run properly
Old January 18th, 2017, 08:29   #56
dionnar6

Really funny you ask, because that's DEFINITELY a very nice worn look!
dionnar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion