KWA ERG M4 2014 version

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 27th, 2014, 04:22   #1
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
KWA ERG M4 2014 version

Just found this while watching a couple of videos on youtube.

Electric Recoil Gun (AEG) v 2.0 | KWA | SHOT Show 2014 - YouTube

KWA will be releasing a new non Magpul version of their ERG M4 and get this, its rear-wired!

The Magpul PTS ERG caught my eye when they released it but the fact it was front wired in the MOE handguard was a definite turn off as it didn't allow for the installation of slimmer handguards like the NSR without the use of a PEQ battery box.

Best back up gun for GBBR users who like realism?
Old February 27th, 2014, 15:03   #2
Krawch

Saw that aswell pretty sick though I am not a fan of that non-magpul body I almost bought one myself but for the same reasons as you was turned off from the front wire with moe handguard and dont like the look of a peq so I am hoping they rear wire the magpul version too havent heard yet what their plans are if all my dreams came true I would be able to stick the internals in my vfc stoner rifle externals haha
Krawch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 15:23   #3
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawch View Post
Saw that aswell pretty sick though I am not a fan of that non-magpul body I almost bought one myself but for the same reasons as you was turned off from the front wire with moe handguard and dont like the look of a peq so I am hoping they rear wire the magpul version too havent heard yet what their plans are if all my dreams came true I would be able to stick the internals in my vfc stoner rifle externals haha
Well considering Magpul has pulled PTS/KWA's licensing rights, I don't think they'll be producing any more Magpul traded receivers. Though there are rumors of them potentially producing LWRC traded PTS products as they have the licensing rights. Wouldn't mind that as I like LWRC receivers more than Magpul receivers lol.

And considering you can use any rail system you want, it isn't that big of a deal breaker. I don't mind blank receivers that much. The only restriction you have with the new ERG though is that you're stuck with the sopmod stock, which some people might not like.
Old February 27th, 2014, 16:30   #4
Crimzzen

I own the KWA RM4 Scout - Worked on by Airsoft Store Canada (fantastic BTW) and I'm loving it. Honestly, fantastic. The recoil is great, the feel of the gun is great, the look, the bolt catch, everything. Can't say enough good stuff about it. The front handguard wiring sucks, but it's a small price to pay. I had an MP5A5R prior, so this handguard has limitless space comparably.
Crimzzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 18:16   #5
Krawch

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta678 View Post
Well considering Magpul has pulled PTS/KWA's licensing rights, I don't think they'll be producing any more Magpul traded receivers. Though there are rumors of them potentially producing LWRC traded PTS products as they have the licensing rights. Wouldn't mind that as I like LWRC receivers more than Magpul receivers lol.

And considering you can use any rail system you want, it isn't that big of a deal breaker. I don't mind blank receivers that much. The only restriction you have with the new ERG though is that you're stuck with the sopmod stock, which some people might not like.
Just watched that youtube video that you posted that blank receiver I can deal with but I saw one from a different video that had the white kwa markings with big made in taiwan in white on the side and the read owners manual before using haha not my style at all I definitely think I will be picking one of these up when they are released and try and find a way to use my vfc externals but I dont think it will be possible because of the way the buffer tube mounts differently to the body but it doesnt hurt to try
Krawch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 12:10   #6
FeasorOfTorts

KWA ERG vs Bolt B4 SOPMOD

What do you guys think about the Bolt B4 SOPMOD vs KWA ERGs?
FeasorOfTorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2014, 12:43   #7
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

The only proprietary parts on the KWA are:
Spring guide
Gears (could be V7 gears - unconfirmed)
Tappet plate + tappet plate spring
Trigger contacts

Everything else is exactly the same. You can up the ROF and performance via standard upgrades.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 17:13   #8
Comeau-SCS

I know I'm reviving a thread a few months old but does it mean that it takes standard AEG barrels and bucking ?
Comeau-SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 17:56   #9
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Yes.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 20:12   #10
knightkyun

Sorry to revive this thread again. Where is this gun? i mean i cant find it anywhere. are they even planning to release this gun again?
knightkyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 22:01   #11
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

You are looking for the M4 2014 version, correct? Or would the Magpul 16" Midlength ERG be okay was well?
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 22:05   #12
Polyshot

I wondered will KWA release the exact version as shown in the video, which is exactly what I(as well as many others who are going to swap that stock handguard with aftermarket rail forend/front sets) wants...
Polyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 22:34   #13
knightkyun

Well the one is basically a rear wired kwa erg. i would buy the 2013 one since basically all the vids say the major change is just the wiring. Normally they would have released the gun in summer so im wondering if they still going to production or scrap the line.
Old November 19th, 2014, 03:24   #14
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

No news or ETA on the "Gen 2" rear wired ERG.

KWA, along with pretty much every other airsoft company have a rather flexible timeline when it comes to announced future releases, so there's really no "normal" release schedule for anything. I wouldn't expect it to be released until perhaps next fall if even, though we'll probably get more news regarding it and some of their other TBA products at the 2015 Shot show, if they've decided to continue the ERG line.
Old November 19th, 2014, 07:18   #15
knightkyun

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta678 View Post
No news or ETA on the "Gen 2" rear wired ERG.

KWA, along with pretty much every other airsoft company have a rather flexible timeline when it comes to announced future releases, so there's really no "normal" release schedule for anything. I wouldn't expect it to be released until perhaps next fall if even, though we'll probably get more news regarding it and some of their other TBA products at the 2015 Shot show, if they've decided to continue the ERG line.
Guess we'll have to wait for this lovely beast.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion