Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Once and for all, is it legal to buy airsoft from Canadian Retailers?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Closed Thread

Old January 29th, 2014, 13:44   #16
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
if it were illegal, they wouldn't have let it continue for over a decade, and they wouldn't have made it EASIER TO IMPORT AIRSOFT.
Stop asking stupid questions.
Thunder, I'm going to start a thread in general, and get it stick'ied as part of the "all new members must read/forum rules" section, and I'll call it "Thunder Cactus Snaps, and how to avoid stupid questions on ASC".
Old January 29th, 2014, 13:56   #17
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

LOL yes! Because that's actually a difficult thing to accomplish O_O
Old January 29th, 2014, 14:59   #18
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTsui View Post
So, importation aside, it is legal to own an airsoft shooting less than 366?
Did you even read the quote you are referring to?
Old January 29th, 2014, 16:35   #19
Reaver_RRTS

You could own an airsoft gun shooting 001 FPS or 100,000 FPS in Canada... the FPS does not matter for purchasing ANY airsoft gun ANYWHERE from INSIDE Canada, as long as you are of legal age. Going to an airsoft field, the gun MUST be under the field's FPS limit, be it 350fps, 400fps or whatever it happens to be at that field and what their rules are. For god's sake READ the posts, if you don't understand, read them again... I've seen at least six posts answering the same question being asked repeatedly. ONE MORE TIME: PURCHASING ANY AIRSOFT GUN OF ANY TYPE, BRAND OR MODEL FROM A RETAILER INSIDE CANADA IS LEGAL TO OWN AND SHIP REGARDLESS OF THE RIFLE'S FPS SETTING. ORDERING OUTSIDE OF CANADA IS SUBJECT TO LAWS AND REGULATIONS AND LIKELY WILL NOT MAKE IT PAST CUSTOMS UNLESS IT IS WITHIN THE FPS LIMIT THAT HAS BEEN STATED SEVERAL TIMES IN THIS AND HUNDREDS OF OTHER POSTS ON ASC.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=90558 Thread about importing, pulled right off a sticky'd thread of ASC...

Last edited by Reaver_RRTS; January 29th, 2014 at 16:40..
Old January 29th, 2014, 17:21   #20
ThunderCactus

nah man. I'm pretty sure this is just a massive and organized illegal operation with thousands of people around the country actively and knowingly breaking the law. Not to mention dozens of retailers which attract constant CBSA attention. But CBSA doesn't care that retailers sell illegal airsoft guns to the public, all they care about is if it's legal to import. They wouldn't contact any other department to check them out either.

Like seriously dude. The incredible lack of common sense in the question could be scientifically investigated for evidence of a black hole.
Old January 29th, 2014, 17:30   #21
Reaver_RRTS

Quote:
Like seriously dude. The incredible lack of common sense in the question could be scientifically investigated for evidence of a black hole.
LOL that should be made a quote signature... Ricochet really does need to make that thread XD
Old January 29th, 2014, 17:39   #22
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver_RRTS View Post
Quote:
LOL that should be made a quote signature... Ricochet really does need to make that thread XD
That's exactly what I'm going to do lol, stick this in my sig :P
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Old January 29th, 2014, 17:44   #23
Reaver_RRTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gato View Post
that's exactly what i'm going to do lol, stick this in my sig
fucking yes XD
Old January 29th, 2014, 17:54   #24
MultipleParadox

Once and for all, is it legal to buy airsoft from Canadian Retailers?

Err don't really want to start that but ... *Fire-resistant-Hazmat suit on and diving in in Olympic pool with enough bottled oxygen to last a month* :

From the criminal code (link provided by OP)

Quote:
An airsoft gun, firing a .20g 6mm plastic pellet with a muzzle velocity below 111.6 m/s (366 fps), and resembling with near precision an existing make and model of a firearm, other than an antique firearm, is a replica firearm and therefore a prohibited device.
I don't think it can be any clearer than this. My interpretation of this is that OP is technically right. That said, is it matter of being worried? Of course it isn't. I highly doubt you'll see a police/RCMP officer going to your home and asking to control and see if you have any evil-prohibited bad-lingering replicas of firearms that shoot under 366...

Honestly curious to see how you guys interpret this the other way around though

Edit: did re-read a few posts, among which Brian's, and although It does make total sense and would agree with that, wouldn't a over-zealot prosecutor be able to leverage the law text as is?

NB: I am not worried at all with this and couldn't care less, but am
Interested in the technicality of it all

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh

Last edited by MultipleParadox; January 29th, 2014 at 18:00..
Old January 29th, 2014, 18:06   #25
ThunderCactus

We should start having a siggy quote contest, see who has the most awesome one liners this year!
Last 3 years I've gotten at least 5 or 6 sig'd quotes lol
Old January 29th, 2014, 18:25   #26
Reaver_RRTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Err don't really want to start that but ... *Fire-resistant-Hazmat suit on and diving in in Olympic pool with enough bottled oxygen to last a month* :

I don't think it can be any clearer than this. My interpretation of this is that OP is technically right. That said, is it matter of being worried? Of course it isn't. I highly doubt you'll see a police/RCMP officer going to your home and asking to control and see if you have any evil-prohibited bad-lingering replicas of firearms that shoot under 366...

Edit: did re-read a few posts, among which Brian's, and although It does make total sense and would agree with that, wouldn't a over-zealot prosecutor be able to leverage the law text as is?

That only applies to the importation of airsoft guns though. In reality, at least to me, a 'replica firearm' that is incapable of firing anything PERIOD shouldn't really be illegal. If it cannot fire a projectile of any size, shape or form, why is it dangerous? Or are they concerned that it's a fancy gun looking club? Oh wait, how many paintball tanks have burst and become missiles during a game and injured players? Those aren't illegal. Airsoft guns? 6mm plastic bb can't do much harm, as far as I can tell it can't kill anyone. Sure it'll take out teeth, eyes and eardrums. It can pierce skin and cause bleeding, but it won't penetrate deep enough to reach vital organs... I hope.

Hell, look at bb guns. They fire metal pellets right? Air rifles too. They fire metal projectiles at a faster fps and hit much harder, to the point that they can kill small animals and seriously injure humans and larger animals. Course they don't usually look like an M4A1, or a M40A3, or whatever else you'd like to imagine. Still, they consider a non-working novelty club a threat and illegal, but still allow bb guns, air rifles and airsoft into the country. To me, that's messed up.

I'm not complaining that airsoft and the like should be illegal, by far, no way. I'm just saying in my opinion, the laws are kinda messed up. :/ I can understand concealable weapons like throwing stars, small knives under 4" blades, and shit like that. Yeah those can cause some serious harm. Swords? Axes? Maces? Real steel bladed weapons that can murder people? Those get in fine for the most part :/ My sister ordered a saber, a roman double headed ax, and a three bladed knife from Ebay years ago, all very sharp and capable of serious harm. No issue coming in. A replica pistol unable to fire so much as a puff of air? Naw man! ~ /end rant. holy shit I wrote an essay XD

in essence i would love to see the market open more to us so we COULD import any airsoft rifle and part we need from anywhere. I'd love to get my hands on some awesome looking weapons that I know I could buy from some US retailers but they'd be destroyed at customs. So would everyone. But there are idiots out there who do stupid things for stupid reasons, and that's why we can't have nice things. hopefully there isn't too much information that is incorrect here, and these are only my personal thoughts on these matters.
Old January 29th, 2014, 18:26   #27
venture

Quote:

This is new to me. Can you provide a link to the criminal code where it mentions 366 fps?

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
Old January 29th, 2014, 18:36   #28
Reaver_RRTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
This is new to me. Can you provide a link to the criminal code where it mentions 366 fps?
I think they meant from the RCMP site: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...me_air-eng.htm 'criminal code' may have been an error in typing. Although the link provided does cover some of the firearms act and criminal code.

But owning and airsoft gun while being 18+ is totally legal, so unless you're attempting to import a rifle yourself, buying from Canada is totally fine. (this to the new members on the forum)
Old January 29th, 2014, 18:39   #29
MultipleParadox

Reaver:
No one said the laws make sense, ever
But the reality is, it is, and we need to deal with that. As to why it is like so, few could really tell, but there's most probably a stupid political reason behind it

However, you saying this apply only to importation is false, as the quote I placed is coming from the CFP based on Crjminal code and what not

Venture:
Link posted above by OP:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...me_air-eng.htm

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
Old January 29th, 2014, 18:43   #30
Reaver_RRTS

Quote:
Reaver:
No one said the laws make sense, ever
But the reality is, it is, and we need to deal with that. As to why it is like so, few could really tell, but there's most probably a stupid political reason behind it

However, you saying this apply only to importation is false, as the quote I placed is coming from the CFP based on Crjminal code and what not
I agree with the political point, and for any untrue facts I apologize, it's just off the top of my head :P
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion