Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

east coast airsoft

:

General

Old February 23rd, 2011, 13:08   #16
Danke

The whole cross border gig is a nightmare. Stuff you can't export, stuff you can't import, stuff you can import but can't re-export after it's touched by a Canadian, and more.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 13:26   #17
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
I.e. which means in other words, was the start of an example.

If "they" (essentially anyone) mis label the package and it get's opened, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, it will be seized, you black listed, and you'll be slapped with a hefty fine

And thank you Bloodsport for helping to prove my point. Sometimes it is illegal to import (usually tropical woods such as Mahogany), Other times, it's hard (almost illegal) to export native woods such as Cedar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
The whole cross border gig is a nightmare. Stuff you can't export, stuff you can't import, stuff you can import but can't re-export after it's touched by a Canadian, and more.
In my 7 years of importing and exporting, the extra money we have to pay here is well worth the frustration that ASC retailers' importers have to go through

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans

Last edited by SniperSam; February 23rd, 2011 at 13:31..
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 13:49   #18
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
I know a guy at my school who ordered several guns from them (not that I'm condoning it), and he says that the guy ships through false names and labels the packages under things like "a miniature train", "RC Helicopter", and other harmless stuff. If you get caught you're going to get arrested for smuggling a prohibited item.
They'll nail you to a wall with smuggling if they inspect the packace since it's pretty blatant the package was mislabelled.

Lets run with SniperSam's analogy say you want to import Mahogany (assuming it's illegal for import) and you label it as something like Oak or something, if the inspectors open the package and find out it's not what the manifest says then you're going to get nailed by them and likely be put on some list somewhere if not charged for smuggling.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 14:01   #19
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
They'll nail you to a wall with smuggling if they inspect the packace since it's pretty blatant the package was mislabelled.

Lets run with SniperSam's analogy say you want to import Mahogany (assuming it's illegal for import)
It's illegal at certain times, based on what's happening in the country where it is grown, i.e. the Dominican Republic, where a bulk of Mahogany timber is grown and harvested from, and also tends to yield the best looking wood "pre-finish."

After the earthquakes struck Haiti, it was very hard to get Mahogany into and out of the USA, based on some grey-zone import laws, where the wood couldn't get into the USA without a special permit (meaningless bull crap)

And yes, that example is a valid one, at times you must state the specific species of which you are importing

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 19:06   #20
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
If you get caught you're going to get arrested for smuggling a prohibited item.
Yea I can attest to that.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 20:34   #21
Juke16

You've been arrested before? 0.o
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 00:34   #22
THe_Silencer

I'd rather not talk about it.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:33   #23
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
If you seriously want to order guns from them, you may as well contact that guy with the water-related name who lives in Japan and see if he will ship something direct. He has a thread in the NAR section, take a look if you don't mind the risk. At least that way you'd be supporting someone that isn't a douche.
Old February 25th, 2011, 07:32   #24
Acadian

I'm still a total newb...but after researching my buy options, including East Coast, I would not put a dime State-side, no matter what they say about their success rate and getting shyte across the border.

I gonna pay more on the north side...but hell, that's Canada for ya.

Acadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:17   #25
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
If you seriously want to order guns from them, you may as well contact that guy with the water-related name who lives in Japan and see if he will ship something direct. He has a thread in the NAR section, take a look if you don't mind the risk. At least that way you'd be supporting someone that isn't a douche.
How's that guy's weird TM parts business doing?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General