:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 8th, 2008, 10:04   #16
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksthename View Post
lol i meant to say no im 14
how do you mean to say something, bah anyway, dont buy airsoft guns, go play jacks or marbles or something
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:06   #17
Nicksthename

http://www.freewebs.com/zaeem747airs...tricrifles.htm
Nicksthename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:07   #18
ShelledPants

Quote:
Have fun burning your money.

It's obviously a scam.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:09   #19
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
yes im older then 18 and what do you mean a real aeg ??
Quote:
what??

so which is the truth?
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:10   #20
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
Have fun burning your money.

It's obviously a scam.
shhh don't tell him, it's better than having this idiot running around with a gun
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:12   #21
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
shhh don't tell him, it's better than having this idiot running around with a gun
While I agree with burning the guy at the stake, I wouldn't want some innocent ASC lurker going... "Hmmm, hey, a new airsoft store? SWEET!11!11"

Better to brand it as witchcraft on the spot then have the noob rumor mill start 100 new threads demanding reviews for the place.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:14   #22
rexdlu

I say buy it, then give us a review on it if you get it and it works.

Rex
rexdlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:14   #23
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
While I agree with burning the guy at the stake, I wouldn't want some innocent ASC lurker going... "Hmmm, hey, a new airsoft store? SWEET!11!11"

Better to brand it as witchcraft on the spot then have the noob rumor mill start 100 new threads demanding reviews for the place.
ahhh very good, hadn't thought of that, thought the webpage alone would clue them into it, but good thinking nonetheless
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:23   #24
Nicksthename

that website is a scam ???

that sucks
Nicksthename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:26   #25
LyquidFyre

Quote:
yes im older then 18 and what do you mean a real aeg ??
Quote:
You're off to a very bad start. Please be truthful about your age as we are a very small community built on trust.

Quote:
A free website and a hotmail account? Do you honestly think this is legit? Its your money and your choice though. If it were me, I'd rather go spend the cash with an actual airsoft retailer.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:27   #26
ShelledPants

Quote:
that website is a scam ???

that sucks
You're 14, therefore airsoft is a scam, deal with it.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:31   #27
techobo

Ok, so I don't know when this guy's story is. Is he 18+ or 14? Doesn't really matter. To the guys that are ripping him up: Why bother posting at all? Seriously, it's one thing to tell him that he is making a poor decision politely, and it's another to belittle him. It is going to be hard for this sport to grow if we keep brushing off everyone that is new.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:34   #28
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

I do believe there was a user on this website who had previously purchased the same gun or atleast something very very similar. He was satisfied with it initially but soon discovered that it was not all that great. Plastic gear box that was not compatable with TM parts. Over all it was a piece of garbage that ended up breaking down with in a few days. Its quality was terrible beyond terrible.

And yes the website you linked has already been viewed and seen as a scam.
Some members have even attempted to contact the person running the website and I believe one of them was told that all the guns are comming from the US. So it would be a waste of money to order from them even if the website was not a scam.

Thank you for taking the time to fill in your profile.

I’m sure you have a lot of questions, and in time you will find all the answers. There’s a lot to learn and it cant be picked up in a week or two. But I’m time you will learn what you need.

Heres a little reading Id like you to have a look at.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=51609
It will shed a little light on airsoft in Canada in general.

Now as for airsoft in Canada, just as a general consensus this website and the majority of its members follow the 18 years of age rule. Meaning that it is recommended that a person be the age of 18 before they acquire their first gun. It is recommended because 18 is the recognized age where a person can be held legally responsible for their actions. Now it may not be illegal in all provinces to own airsoft, but I do believe there is a province out there where there is an actual law stating that one must be 18 to purchase. Which one that is, I cannot remember. Hopefully someone can perk up and jump in on that part. The majority of fields used for airsoft play usually require that a person be 18 years of age as well, although I have heard of fields where there have been players as young as 16, with parental consent.
I would like to take a moment to touch on maturity. I find people of all ages quote maturity, unfortunately stating maturity is irrelevant when it comes to airsoft, for the most part at least. There have been people as old as 40 and up who have acted like they were 12. I have already stated why the age of 18 was chosen. Now from time to time I hear people who are underage say that they have grown up with firearms all their life and they hunt and everything etc. If this applies to you then you should pay attention to this, if not you should read it and take it to heart anyways. So you have hunted for a long time? Been around guns since you were little? Well good you should have a firm grasp of trigger and muzzle control then. Now unfortunately regardless how much experience you have with fire arms you can not use it as a bargaining chip to skirt around what has been set as a rule among this community.
In my personal opinion an airsoft gun is not a fire arm; however that’s my personal opinion. For me, an airsoft gun only looks like a fire arm but that’s where I draw the line in comparisons. They do not function the same, sure relations can be made but they still are not the same. Now although I may not consider an airsoft gun a fire arm, authorities will in most instances. If you get caught doing something stupid with an airsoft gun you will be charged as if you are committing an offence with a real fire arm. If you are under the age of 18, the damage falls onto your legal guardians, so the shit really hits the fan. If you’re 18 and over at least you can be held responsible for being stupid. That’s the jist of it, accept it or don’t.

This website has a process called age verification, where if you are 18 or older you can meet with a volunteer representative of this website who will meet with you in person, there is no way around this, no phone, no webcam, in person only, where they will require to see a legitimate piece of photo identification. After the process is completed, it can take sometime as this is all volunteer work, you will be granted access to this websites buy and sell section, where you can find both new and used guns, for fair and competitive prices. Although its not always the case, it is sort of an open market. With Age verification comes access to Canadian online retailer known as shootsoft. You will only be able to access and buy their inventory with ASC age verification

Thats how things work around here, thanks for taking the time to read, if there was anything unclear please dont afraid to ask.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:41   #29
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by techobo View Post
Ok, so I don't know when this guy's story is. Is he 18+ or 14? Doesn't really matter. To the guys that are ripping him up: Why bother posting at all? Seriously, it's one thing to tell him that he is making a poor decision politely, and it's another to belittle him. It is going to be hard for this sport to grow if we keep brushing off everyone that is new.
While I wouldn't go so far as to say I was ripping him up, to belittle someone for making a very poor decision, with all of the FAQs and countless threads explaining the base of a 'good' airsoft weapon, is a way to have the person remember their actions as foolish and think twice about posting silly threads like this one and the hundred other "Is this clearsoft/crapsoft gun, ok?" by underage airsoft fans.

ASC is a resource and a learning ground, having it fill up with crap makes it harder to navigate, and telling others not to correct other members (sure, some of us are more mean than others) won't help the community grow.
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:42   #30
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by techobo View Post
new or young members do not bother me, its the littls asshats that come on here with the "ooh i want an airsoft gun, is this is a good one?" or "im a 1337 sniper" attitudes that piss me off, and they are dealt with accordingly.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion