Celcius CTW: Systema PTW clone

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 26th, 2008, 22:13   #91
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer-Bear View Post
pretty sure I'm not paying as much as a real AR just to shoot BBs (not a diss here PTW users, just a personal opinion) But I'm a pretty firm believer in paying good money for a peace of mind and I believe PTW users think the same way.

Owning a RS AR is kinda harder. In the sense that.... You will hardly get any use out of it ....unless you live right beside a range, and have tons of money.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 22:21   #92
kullwarrior

No offense but a price tag of 500$ is really fishy for that... If it was 800$ then it would be more understandable since the profit, cost n everything are set. I know this would seem still off systemas' but its understandable that Japan has the Highest standard of living in Asia where as Hongkong isn't near the very top.
Old August 26th, 2008, 22:26   #93
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
No offense but a price tag of 500$ is really fishy for that... If it was 800$ then it would be more understandable since the profit, cost n everything are set. I know this would seem still off systemas' but its understandable that Japan has the Highest standard of living in Asia where as Hongkong isn't near the very top.
Agreed, if the pricetag was around $800 i would be a sh*t load less suspicious (that it even comes out, quality and quality control).

But this gun once in Canada will be in the $1000 ranges (Give or take $200).

So who will buy china clones (because that's what its going to be) for ~$1000?

Like for example... people only buy china clones since they are compatible, but here we are talking about compatible (maybe) parts that cost quite a lot. At a 100ish an electronic, $200 the cylinder and all that... well yeah... pretty ballsy to do that. But hey everyone's different and it can be good to try new things

So lets say the externals are great but the internals/electronics are 'meh'... $200-$300 for a PTW gearbox (hope it fits or stay stuck with china crap), $250 for a motor, $200 for the EL-001, $50 for the EL-002 and $200 for the EL-003... starts to be a pretty damn expensive China made PTW (while still hopping it all fits and the externals are good/great)...

Then again the CTW might be great out of the box, but what are the chances that a $500 vs $1500 gun is great out of the box? We will see but my money is on the PTW...

Last edited by Ronan; August 26th, 2008 at 22:32..
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 23:01   #94
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Agreed, if the pricetag was around $800 i would be a sh*t load less suspicious (that it even comes out, quality and quality control).

But this gun once in Canada will be in the $1000 ranges (Give or take $200).

So who will buy china clones (because that's what its going to be) for ~$1000?

Like for example... people only buy china clones since they are compatible, but here we are talking about compatible (maybe) parts that cost quite a lot. At a 100ish an electronic, $200 the cylinder and all that... well yeah... pretty ballsy to do that. But hey everyone's different and it can be good to try new things

So lets say the externals are great but the internals/electronics are 'meh'... $200-$300 for a PTW gearbox (hope it fits or stay stuck with china crap), $250 for a motor, $200 for the EL-001, $50 for the EL-002 and $200 for the EL-003... starts to be a pretty damn expensive China made PTW (while still hopping it all fits and the externals are good/great)...

Then again the CTW might be great out of the box, but what are the chances that a $500 vs $1500 gun is great out of the box? We will see but my money is on the PTW...
Despite all the ragging I do on this fellow, I agree with most of what he says....

Systema did all the R/D... all the footwork was theirs. Celcius will inevitably fail.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 23:18   #95
Cassius

Didn't really bother to read all that but as some of you might know, I do not really like PTWs. Lately I've been wanting this collection of AR and thought a SCK would be a cool addition considering the cool ptw parts that are coming out then I remembered the price of 1 ptw mag and decided not to go for it. You see, if PTW mags didn't cost that much I might have been a buyer. So if that thing is relatively close to a ptw but with mags that cost 2 times less then yes, I will buy one of those. It's the same fucking thing with the WA M4; 100$ a mag!!! Show me the price of your mags and I'll throw money at you.
Old August 26th, 2008, 23:24   #96
mcguyver

Cheap mag are already available. Mixed reviews, but if 1 fucks up on you, you can afford to throw it in the bush.

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=13216

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 23:32   #97
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
Didn't really bother to read all that but as some of you might know, I do not really like PTWs. Lately I've been wanting this collection of AR and thought a SCK would be a cool addition considering the cool ptw parts that are coming out then I remembered the price of 1 ptw mag and decided not to go for it. You see, if PTW mags didn't cost that much I might have been a buyer. So if that thing is relatively close to a ptw but with mags that cost 2 times less then yes, I will buy one of those. It's the same fucking thing with the WA M4; 100$ a mag!!! Show me the price of your mags and I'll throw money at you.
Denying a AEG because of mag price is silly but hey your a silly man bro

Plastic one's are now out and are dirt cheap. They have been tested and are pretty good. Mcguyver already put up the link.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 23:37   #98
mcguyver

Just so you guys know the reason that Systema's mags are $50 each is that the shell is a real mag shell cut to fit the guts. It's not lightweight pressed aluminum or similar. In Canada, expect a real AR 30/5 mag to cost you $35 or more if you buy from a retailer. That's a mjaor factor in their weight.

But the nice thing is you could make your own PMag, thermomold, 20 rnd, whatever.

Old August 26th, 2008, 23:49   #99
attack-beaver

had no idea that lower priced PTW mags even excited, very very very interesting thanks mac.
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 23:51   #100
lupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Just so you guys know the reason that Systema's mags are $50 each is that the shell is a real mag shell cut to fit the guts. It's not lightweight pressed aluminum or similar. In Canada, expect a real AR 30/5 mag to cost you $35 or more if you buy from a retailer. That's a mjaor factor in their weight.
I dont buy that argument at all. Yes AR mags cost about $35 in canada because of the paper work involved. But surplus'd good condition ar mags can be had for $10 to $15 in the states and Iam sure the manufactures cost on a magazine body is even less.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 23:55   #101
Cassius

Even if it's made of real AR mags with diamonds and engravings of the Queen on it I'm not up to pay that much per mag. Ronan, I'm not denying a gun based on the price of the mags, I'm denying the total cost of gun + 2 batteries + 10mags; that's just too much for 1 toy gun for a god damn game of playing war. Like you said, we don't all have the same priorities and to me, that amount of money can be spent on much more enjoyable things. Now the day the ptw mags drop below or at 30$ or the day that CTW gains similar performance as a ptw but with cheaper mags then I'll buy one of those.

In the meantime, I'll build something with one of those madbull co2 mechbox
Old August 26th, 2008, 23:59   #102
mcguyver

But these aren't suplused. I have many real AR mags, and even with light use some of them show some good wear. Nothing like the PTW mags I've bought.

And new mags in Vegas when I was there were still $20 U.S for some and $18 for others.

But the PTW mags won't be $20 mags, no matter whether the shells are used, new, rabbit fluff, whatever.

Funny how we bitch about $50 mags now, when we pay what everyone else pays worldwide. You've been around long enough Lupo to remember when Marui lows were $25 U.S from Asian retailers, or $50 here, and nobody bitched, you paid or did without.

Memories seem short these days.

Don't worry Cassius, buy what you want. I have $10K+++ in real guns and thousands more in ammo that see 1/10 the time I spend on airsoft. It's not about priorities, but where you want to spend you $$$, and it's all our choice, right?

Last edited by mcguyver; August 27th, 2008 at 00:02..
Old August 27th, 2008, 00:41   #103
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't worry Cassius, buy what you want. I have $10K+++ in real guns and thousands more in ammo that see 1/10 the time I spend on airsoft. It's not about priorities, but where you want to spend you $$$, and it's all our choice, right?
Well said, mate
Old September 28th, 2008, 16:38   #104
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
YouTube - M4 Celcius Training Weapon Prototype

Still dunno if it's vapourware or not, but here's a video anyways.
Old September 28th, 2008, 16:49   #105
Cassius

Highlander music!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion