Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Systema PTW Basic Info and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 27th, 2016, 19:22   #451
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Axial loose on the armature is perfectly normal when the motor is not installed.
If it does it in the gun, then the pinion gear needs to be lifted.
If that isn't enough, then you take the motor apart and use non-ferrous shims to lift the armature, usually plastic or bakelite
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 23:20   #452
xav1982

Sounds good thanks ! 15.9mm is the right as justement for the pinion ?
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2016, 08:07   #453
xav1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Axial loose on the armature is perfectly normal when the motor is not installed.
If it does it in the gun, then the pinion gear needs to be lifted.
If that isn't enough, then you take the motor apart and use non-ferrous shims to lift the armature, usually plastic or bakelite

Where I can find bakelite Or strong enough plastic that would resist the speed of the motor ? Rc shop ?
Old May 14th, 2016, 23:12   #454
Azathoth

Honestly I would just through away the FCC motor and get a genuine motor

Shims can be found at RC shops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2016, 23:28   #455
xav1982

Finaly the problem whas the pinion height ( the flat spot wasnt long enough ) dremeled A longer spot adjust to the right height and now it's working as it's supposed to be !
Old October 24th, 2016, 00:29   #456
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

I have a feeling that, with a PTW on the way, this thread will be a godsend!

Now, I plan to run it until it goes down, as it is, when it does, what do you guys reccomend in terms of upgrades to barrel and hop, as they're stock right now as far as I know. Would it benefit from R-Hop or anything like that?
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 00:37   #457
ThunderCactus

Upgrades? It's a ptw lol
Send the barrel group off to someone that does hop mods (like me), get your cylinder regreased (always a good idea) and that's all you gotta do.
Apart from the hop mod (they don't take Rhops, totally different hop design), there aren't any real upgrades to be done.
Old October 24th, 2016, 01:04   #458
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Upgrades? It's a ptw lol
Send the barrel group off to someone that does hop mods (like me), get your cylinder regreased (always a good idea) and that's all you gotta do.
Apart from the hop mod (they don't take Rhops, totally different hop design), there aren't any real upgrades to be done.
Haha, this is exactly why I'm asking you guys in this thread
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 00:20   #459
megaman

Looking for some info/advice on swapping the inner barrels and hop unit on my PTW. It's been a long time since I've done anything airsoft related and I'm bored.

I literally just found the RWA and MDD units that have been out for a while but I'm curious if anyone has used them and how they perform compared to a modified stock hop up, which I've been running since I purchased my PTW back in 2011. I always run .30 bb's and I'd like to know if the RWA or MDD can handle a .30 weight BB or if the nub still needs to be modified.

I'm also still using the CQBR inner barrel that came with the gun and combined with my also current hop up setup, it performs just great. But I'd like to play with a new setup to see if I can further improve accuracy or if it's even worth it. Has anyone tested out any other brand of inner barrel?

Just trying to dial everything in for a game I'm planning to attend this summer.

Hope some PTW owners are still active on the boards and can help me out.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by megaman; January 31st, 2017 at 00:25..
megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 00:34   #460
ThunderCactus

MDD and RWA chambers both work just as well as the original chamber. Major gain is going to be the hop mod. But you also have the huge convenience of adjusting hop from the ejection port.

Stock barrel is fine, only downside is it's brass and can scratch or tarnish.
PDI stainless 6.04 would be the best bet.
PDI 6.01 is overkill
Orga 6.10 performs just as well as the stock 6.04, but you need to play with volume to barrel ratios to get it to work right. Costs just as much as the PDI 6.04, and it's teflon coated brass or some such thing.
Orga 6.23 is just a ridiculous concept and shame on the Japanese for failing so hard.

Mixed review on orga flat adjuster: some say they're great, some say they're great and wear out REALLY fast. Flat hop in a ptw doesn't quite work exactly the same way in an AEG. Explanation is complicated but in a nutshell it's a loading/design issue.
I've managed an Rhop out of an orga flat adjuster as well, same results as the orga flat and hop mod, more of a pain in the ass.
In the end, regular hop mod works best.
The only stock adjuster that has consistently good reviews from everywhere is the orga flat. Only downside is it might wear out after 6000 rounds, but the pads are cheap to replace.

I've got everything to overhaul PTW's here in Calgary, and Brad's been just dying to touch anything airsoft since he's bored to tears out in GP.
Old January 31st, 2017, 15:42   #461
azlann

I've been looking for the answer to the following problem for a while and on my google searches, this thread popped up the most with good, but sadly not really related info.

I have the following issue: whenever I load about 80 bb's into one of my magazines (FCC pmag or PTS pmag), the fps of the first two thirds of the shots is about 80fps lower than the second half. Meaning that only the last 25 or so bb's are having the 'correct' fps that my gun is tuned to.

I suspected it was due to spring tension since the stock systema mag only has this issue with more than say 55 bb's loaded. I went to town on the spring of one of the PTS mags. Chopped about 10cm off of it and got it to work as well as the systema mag.

I was wondering if this is a general problem, or just specific to my ptw. The gun is a MAX2 that was assembled two years ago. It has a stock hop unit with the orga tensioner and a 10.5" 6.10 orga barrel.

Does anyone have an inkling to what might cause this?

EDIT: looking a bit further, it would seem that this is the same issue as 'chopping', but then without actually destroying the bb. The nozzle getting stuck just results in fps loss. Could this be correct?

Thank you!

Last edited by azlann; January 31st, 2017 at 16:10..
azlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 16:45   #462
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

That could be correct and it certainly isn't normal. First off, try a high grade of BB, such as Elite Force or better. If it persists, try a different magazine, preferably a Systema one. This may help you, but it quite possibly won't. Also try better BBs in a newer/cleaner magazine.

If it doesn't, then it is your hop-seal and/or hop condition, how your barrel grouping is sitting, or how the nozzle and/or magazine is interacting with the hop unit.

There's not really any room for play in the Systema, so it shouldn't be a tolerance or seating issue, but enough pressure may throw it off a little. As this isn't a common issue you'll have to eliminate the possibilities step-by-step.
Old January 31st, 2017, 16:47   #463
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman View Post
Looking for some info/advice on swapping the inner barrels and hop unit on my PTW. It's been a long time since I've done anything airsoft related and I'm bored.

I literally just found the RWA and MDD units that have been out for a while but I'm curious if anyone has used them and how they perform compared to a modified stock hop up, which I've been running since I purchased my PTW back in 2011. I always run .30 bb's and I'd like to know if the RWA or MDD can handle a .30 weight BB or if the nub still needs to be modified.

I'm also still using the CQBR inner barrel that came with the gun and combined with my also current hop up setup, it performs just great. But I'd like to play with a new setup to see if I can further improve accuracy or if it's even worth it. Has anyone tested out any other brand of inner barrel?

Just trying to dial everything in for a game I'm planning to attend this summer.

Hope some PTW owners are still active on the boards and can help me out.

Thanks,
Mike
I've seen a few aftermarket hops change the overall gun for the worse, but once a hop is set on a Systema it typically won't need adjustment for some time. I'll say a good condition Systema hop with the proper mod is best hands down. At under 400 FPS I still put mine up against higher velocity R-hopped, Polarstars, etc and do fine.
Old January 31st, 2017, 18:23   #464
ThunderCactus

Azlann, most likely a BB or spring tension issue.
Try different ammo, like madbull or green devil.
If that doesn't work, buy the MAG brand mag springs for ptw mags. Run ONE systema spring and ONE MAG spring in each mag (the mags will have 2 springs in them).
Usually fixes most feeding issues, although a lot of ptw owners tend to just load their mags to 70-90 rounds.

Ironically, you can run into tension that's too low OR too high on systema mags. So that's why you run one weak and one strong spring.
Old February 1st, 2017, 02:23   #465
azlann

Allright, looks like I'm ordering some MAG springs and will experiment some more.

The bb's I'm using are already Green Devil .28. I think the quality of them is actually resulting in them not chopping, but simply having lower fps due to high tension. Also the gun is tuned for 1.13J and not full 400+fps. This might be a factor in not chopping as well.
azlann is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion