Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Systema PTW Basic Info and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 18th, 2013, 23:55   #226
SuperHog

Does the Systema have a cut off feature to stop shooting once the Lipo hits 3.3V/cell so you don't damage it?
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2013, 08:53   #227
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

it's 3.0v/cell and no
But the voltage drop on the down curve is incredibly obvious, you'll know the battery is low before doing any damage to it.
I typically notice the curve when it hits 3.4-3.3v/cell
You really don't need a lipo alarm
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:28   #228
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
it's 3.0v/cell and no
But the voltage drop on the down curve is incredibly obvious, you'll know the battery is low before doing any damage to it.
I typically notice the curve when it hits 3.4-3.3v/cell
You really don't need a lipo alarm
Or they will stop shooting completely
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:36   #229
ThunderCactus

That's well past the point of no return, you'll notice the voltage drop before then.
Its possible (but really not recommended) to run a ptw of a 7.4v lipo and the max voltage on it is only 8.4v. Your 11.1v lipo gets to minimum voltage at 9.0v, and you'll notice the voltage drop around 10-10.4v
Old August 23rd, 2013, 23:53   #230
SuperHog

Is there benefit with the DTT Systema that has the hop up mod?
Old August 24th, 2013, 00:33   #231
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Is there benefit with the DTT Systema that has the hop up mod?
Short answer, yes.

Long answer, yes. It is a specific modification to the adjuster to be able to withstande prolonged use with heavier BBs, and be able to effectively sweep far enough for lighter BBs and still be able to apply extreme pressure when you want to run .30g or higher. As well, when properly fitted to the inner barrel and secured, it delivers predictable and repeatable results. There are two versions of this mod, my personal preference is the first version that requires miling of the inner barrel. The second version does not require it and I have had good results with it.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 12:25   #232
SuperHog

Is the hop up mod a DIY if I purchase another Systema other than a DTT version?

Is there other mods or only one?
Old August 24th, 2013, 13:35   #233
mcguyver

Quote:
Is the hop up mod a DIY if I purchase another Systema other than a DTT version?

Is there other mods or only one?
Sure it is DIY, if you have the material to do it, the expertise to get it right and the experience to know when it has gone wrong before you hit the field with it. I have the material custom made for me, and I order it in large quantities as that is the minimum for special manufacture.

DTT's mod is my mod, which is a variation of the Tackleberry mod from years ago.

There are no other mods, except DIY and basement tinkerers. There are other hopup options, like MDD (I am not totally sold on it yet, I have very little time with it), and there are are other DIY install adjusters like Deepfire (don't like it, poor fitting cages), EA (poor design, pin rotates freely) and lots of others for sure like Action which I haven't tried yet.

To be honest, I am not in the business of testing aftermarket hopups. I can build my own that are guaranteed performers, and some have been running for over 5 years now.

Old August 25th, 2013, 14:27   #234
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Sure it is DIY, if you have the material to do it, the expertise to get it right and the experience to know when it has gone wrong before you hit the field with it. I have the material custom made for me, and I order it in large quantities as that is the minimum for special manufacture.

DTT's mod is my mod, which is a variation of the Tackleberry mod from years ago.

There are no other mods, except DIY and basement tinkerers. There are other hopup options, like MDD (I am not totally sold on it yet, I have very little time with it), and there are are other DIY install adjusters like Deepfire (don't like it, poor fitting cages), EA (poor design, pin rotates freely) and lots of others for sure like Action which I haven't tried yet.

To be honest, I am not in the business of testing aftermarket hopups. I can build my own that are guaranteed performers, and some have been running for over 5 years now.
I am sure that I read somewhere that Tackleberry feels that his mod is so good he is going to patent it to protect it from copycats.
Old August 25th, 2013, 16:18   #235
mcguyver

Quote:
I am sure that I read somewhere that Tackleberry feels that his mod is so good he is going to patent it to protect it from copycats.
Perhaps, if he didn't share it with me all those years ago.

Old August 25th, 2013, 16:31   #236
ThunderCactus

Um....pretty sure you can't copyright a mod lol
And even if you did, all you need to do is use a slightly different material and you're legally protected.
Old August 25th, 2013, 23:22   #237
SuperHog

Redwolf has started to ship the 2013 Systema. Here is the description from their site for

"Systema PTW Challenge Kit M4-A1-MAX3 (M130 Cylinder) - First Variant Ambidextrous Version"

Description
This is the first entry for Systema in 2013 and knowing them, they always want to make an improvement on their last one! Here is the MAX First Varient. Some things have changed and some things have gone back to its original ways! First of all, it now has a steel carry handle! It also has ambidextrous fire selector, an M4A1 stock and a smaller diameter Milspec size stock tube to fit any stock out there on the market for an M4 series!

Designed for police and military training purposes, the Systema PTW is the ultimate rifle for Airsoft lovers, and a demonstration of Systema's high level of commitment in product quality. Every part of the gun fits together perfectly, with precise aluminum die cast receiver you can feel the body's rigidity being much better than the regular AEG's in the market (like Classic Army, G&P, etc). This is more than just a toy! Real size, real weight and real balance. With all internal components tuned for extreme performance out of the box! Split design type gearbox allows you to swap in and out springs very quickly to change power levels. This M4 MAX First Varient model shoots in semi and full auto! Capable of delivering in excess of 390fps of power which is truly amazing!

This version of Systema Professional Training Weapon guns feature a whole a whole array of improvements over the older versions. The trigger reaction program has been changed in Micro Second increments to allow a crisp trigger response.

Shorter stroke Trigger, the PTW mimics the trigger travel of a real firearm.

Improved longevity of the and a smaller size FET, with a reduced power consumption, improving the efficient by three times, also allow fitting a 11.1v Lipo into the stock
Old August 26th, 2013, 00:06   #238
ThunderCactus

so now it has a 2mm trigger stroke instead of 3mm? lol
Old August 26th, 2013, 11:10   #239
SuperHog

I am more interested to see if the new electronics have Lipo low voltage cut off and if this cut off is adjustable.

What is the included motor 490 or 7511?

Also reports already from new 2013 owner say the ambi has issues.

Last edited by SuperHog; August 26th, 2013 at 11:43..
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:07   #240
ThunderCactus

I'm amazed nobodys made an aftermarket board with low voltage cutoff yet. Come people get with the times!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion