Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New airsoft enthusiast!!!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 19th, 2007, 12:53   #106
SuperCkicken

well firstly, you should be posting this in the games sections rather than make this thread more off topic than it already is, however since you posted it here i misewell anwser some questions firstly since your 15 its illegal for you to own those guns (or so i believe am confused latly) and your parents own them

secondly how the eff did you get all those guns at that age...?

as for gear, go to any military surplus store nearby and pick up some gear, make sure you have proper eye protection (if you cant find any stores just go to aasurplus.ca...)

and im not sure about the rules of the areas around where you live, but im pretty sure most places require you to be atleast 16, and thats with parents present

and make sure you read faq :P
Old October 19th, 2007, 13:22   #107
Newtothegame

plus i got a solid 300 in accerories on my ca
cqb
Newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 13:28   #108
Schwag

Give the guns to an adult and forget about them til you're 18. No respectable host will allow a 15 year old on the field anymore. We have these rules for a reason. On your 18th bday, I'll personally help you out but til then, don't make our lives harder by doing something stupid or allowing your underage buddies to get their hands on them.

(Former)Grand Poobah of T.W.A.T.
Schwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 13:31   #109
Rukus

Paintball for now then, and remember if you and your friends are playing on your property and someone gets shot in the eye you are liable for any injuries sustained. But there are some fields that let you play when you are 16, but your parents have to be there the whole time as in playing with you. That's in BC though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 13:33   #110
Newtothegame

i can respect that but im no dumb guy who goes out and shoots them on the street im aware of the consequences and what influence that would have on the canadaian airsoft community
Old October 19th, 2007, 13:36   #111
Newtothegame

o man i know about the liablity thing just for the record we all use full gear and painball masks but i know accidents still happen thanks for the advice man

Last edited by Newtothegame; October 19th, 2007 at 14:21..
Old October 19th, 2007, 13:36   #112
Newtothegame

o yah in ontario you can play at 16 to

yah i guess lol i have a job so tha helps a bit I just wanna play airsoft man I already love it but... I guess it might have to wait

Last edited by Newtothegame; October 19th, 2007 at 14:01..
Old October 19th, 2007, 13:53   #113
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothegame View Post
o yah in ontario you can play at 16 to
That depends on the field, and host.

Try using the "edit" button instead of triple posting, will ya?

Ah, and you own more guns than most people I know.... You must be one loaded little 15 year old.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 14:04   #114
techobo

And try to use the shift key when you type. Or at least start spelling things correctly. It is hard for people to take you seriously when it seems you put little to no effort into your posts.
techobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 14:19   #115
Newtothegame

sorry my key board is kinda broken
just curious why do some of you guys go so hard on new people trying to get into airsoft? I mean you guys were like us to. All we are trying to do is carry on the sport that is airsoft and we look to you veterans for advice
Old October 19th, 2007, 14:24   #116
Maverick0

Yes, but the difference is most of the people here weren't 15 when they started playing. The issue is with age, not with you personally.

...or that some new people are trying to import guns from the states because it's 'cheaper' and don't want to accept that it can't be done legally.

...or that some new people just want to play with clearsoft crap and come here looking for advice. Clearsoft isn't airsoft.

Basically a lot of the new people on the forum come and ask for advice and then call you a fucker when you give them the advice they asked for. Most of the questions newbs ask have already been answered time and time again, so some frustration is understandble when you look at it that way.

Last edited by Maverick0; October 19th, 2007 at 14:33..
Maverick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 14:31   #117
Newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0 View Post
Yes, but the difference is most of the people here weren't 15 when they started playing. The issue is with age, not with you personally.

ok man good to know I know im young but im no baby and I know a fair amount abot this sport i've done a lot of homework
Old October 19th, 2007, 14:32   #118
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

No, you did selective reading, distilled what you learned to back up the answer you wanted to hear and called that research.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 14:32   #119
Rukus

It's not bad to ask advice because you will get it no problem, just when people are ignorant of it after it's given is a bit of a problem, plus do a little research into it before you ask, because generally the question has probably already been asked and generally has already been answered.

As for people underage we had to wait till we turned 18 to really get into this sport. And maturity is taken very seriously because taking an airsoft gun out to where it shouldn't be can cause a lot of problems for you and airsoft, not to mention you could get yourself killed if you are fooling around and the police mistake it for something it's not. There are reasons the rules state you have to be 18 to own these guns. Not saying there aren't mature people under 18 though they do tend to wait till they are of age and save up to buy a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 14:33   #120
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothegame View Post
ok man good to know I know im young but im no baby and I know a fair amount abot this sport i've done a lot of homework
Protip: Reading and not posting is great... You don't wanna be like some of the other underaged kids.. (rhymes with Degan.S, and Hargentcommando) where you just post and post and post on random nonsensical shit you've got no idea about.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion