Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New airsoft enthusiast!!!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 17th, 2007, 00:19   #76
Regan.S

Send a message via MSN to Regan.S
Holy cow 6 pages already? Anyways I highly suggest reading the Newbie Guide under the FAQ fourm. I've read it over several times and I'm always picking up on something I've missed. Lots of information there.
she asks - What you talking about?
you say - I herd something wailing like crazy
Might piss her off but the flowers will be nice...

Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I miss the days where someone would say "I am so depressed, I'm going to kill myself"
and 12 consecutive posters would basically say "do it, and stop wasting our time".
Regan.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 06:21   #77
Greylocks

So far your ONLY problem is that you refuse to follow the basic advice given here, or read it.

You have no idea how easy it would be if you tried, and yet...

Ok, let's be blunter. If you come here, ask for advice, and then do everything to ignore it on top of putting our sport at risk (no imports anymore would do that)..

You might get the gun, or not. If not, you will have to deal with laws that DO bite hard now that you are an adult.
Even if you get your smuggled gun, where will you use it? Do you think the field owners and game organizers will welcome you with open arms?

So great for you, your toy will be home, and you'll have nowhere to legally use it.

Or you can be a bit patient, follow some easy steps that you just have to read about, and you're set. You've argued for 6 pages already, you've been told the BEST and SAFEST way to do things, and you still slap us in the face trying to find loopholes.

Time to stop and read? All the tools are there for you, you are 18, how hard can it be to get into a car/bus and taking a ride? Or make a phone call? Or send a PM to TTAC3?

Some of the folks trying to help you out are telling the rest to be patient with you, but man... you're really bringing it on yourself.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:42   #78
elite_commando

just out of curiosity.. to the pple who did get there guns confiscated can you tell me the websites you went to?? (online stores etc..)
elite_commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:53   #79
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_commando View Post
just out of curiosity.. to the pple who did get there guns confiscated can you tell me the websites you went to?? (online stores etc..)

Where you got it is immaterial... Customs can inspect any package comming acoss the border, they don't inspect every package...

if they do sieze your package.. they will flag your name and address for inspection of any future shipments, and your name will go into the Database.. so that every time you cross the border... they will search you.

so this is potentially what you could buy for saving $150.00- $200

For me it is not worth it so I buy guns already in-country... and pay the 150-200 for someone else to take the risk.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:54   #80
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
legally 18... but i gotta prove it to the airsoft pple here..

PS.. Brian.. does TTAC3 work on weekends???
Check the game threads for times.....

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old October 17th, 2007, 10:51   #81
kalnaren

Quote:
Dude, seriously, do you think if there was a way around this we would be paying $600 for an AEG?? Honestly, we're not that fucking stupid and we're not being douchebags. If you order a gun from the USA, there is a significant chance it will get siezed and your name (or your parent's name) will be put on a list, and every package you order from the US will be searched, and every time you cross the border you will be searched. We're not making this shit up man. So you decide if the risk is worth saving an extra $200.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:02   #82
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Where you got it is immaterial... Customs can inspect any package comming acoss the border, they don't inspect every package...

if they do sieze your package.. they will flag your name and address for inspection of any future shipments, and your name will go into the Database.. so that every time you cross the border... they will search you.

so this is potentially what you could buy for saving $150.00- $200

For me it is not worth it so I buy guns already in-country... and pay the 150-200 for someone else to take the risk.
... You don't understand.

Guns in-country are not illegally smuggled. They are imported by people who have the proper licensing. It's a business, So there is markup.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:37   #83
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
... You don't understand.

Guns in-country are not illegally smuggled. They are imported by people who have the proper licensing. It's a business, So there is markup.

I understand fully, even properly licensed importers have shipments seized.

And if you think every gun for sale in the classifieds has a squeeky clean providence... well what colour is the sky where you are?

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old October 17th, 2007, 12:34   #84
Maverick0

Quote:

And if you think every gun for sale in the classifieds has a squeeky clean providence... well what colour is the sky where you are?
How the gun got in the country is irrelevant once it's here though, so I'm not sure what you guys are arguing anymore. Pretty much anyone who's importing guns with or without a permit is running some risk because letting something in the country is pretty much at the discretion of the cbsa agent who's working when your package comes in.

Last edited by Maverick0; October 17th, 2007 at 12:40..
Maverick0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 19:19   #85
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Ive got an idea, all we need is a buncha toothpicks and wood glue and Im sure we can Mcguyver it all together.

So heres the plan, we built one of these on the US side of the border.

Then we fill it with airsoft guns and attempt to cross the border.
Oldest trick in the book! They'll never know and by the time the CBSA agents figure it out, we shall be swimming in a pool of moderately priced GBBs and AEGs! Rich in all reality would not be that comfy to swim in.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 19:24   #86
Regan.S

Send a message via MSN to Regan.S
Also you'll have an ugly orange tip on your gun all the time and if you want a metal body on your gun it will probably cost more to put it on then buy it from here with a metal body anyways.
she asks - What you talking about?
you say - I herd something wailing like crazy
Might piss her off but the flowers will be nice...

Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I miss the days where someone would say "I am so depressed, I'm going to kill myself"
and 12 consecutive posters would basically say "do it, and stop wasting our time".
Regan.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 19:55   #87
Rukus

Hey man being fairly new to the sport myself I'm still learning the ropes and things, and still get my ass in some hot water now and again for stupid shit, but what these people are trying to do weather you think so or not is help you understand that you are responisible for the actions you take, especially when it comes to the importation of prohibited items like airsoft. They are passing these words of wisdom because when they say don't and give the the consiquences it acutally has happened in real life, they are not pulling it from out of their arses.

I myself have 3 rifles at the moment and have saved for every one, and gone through members of the airsoft community on this website in the used section once I had become verified and as well as in my own community in BC. There are plenty of deals around, just have the patience and maturity to take that time and look at the overall picture. Airsoft will be around for you to enjoy it as long as you respect it and know what is ok and what is not. Though we can't stop you from doing what you want to do and order from the states, I can tell you in the end it's not worth the hassle or the worry, I'm not posting this to bust your balls just some friendly advice and good luck to you with whatever you decide to do, just think about it. Like some already said it's your money do as you like, but think about the risks, are they really worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Its a good thing stupidity doesnt have mass or whole sections of this board would collapse in and destroy themselves in a stupidity singularity.
Toys: SSG24, JG BAR 10, Krytac CRB, Krytac SPR, GG Black Orchid APR 9, Taurus PT99, TM MK23
Rukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 19:59   #88
Forever_kaos

I vote Tokyo's idea.. but we need to make the horse look like a unicorn!.. that way all the customs workers will just be in awe when they see us go by...
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 20:01   #89
Amos

Quote:

I mis quoted there, I was meaning to quote some one else.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 20:06   #90
SuperCkicken

im in for tokyos idea also sounds like an awesome plan

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion