Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What guns need improvement or don't exist?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 28th, 2006, 04:20   #106
grimdog73

Send a message via MSN to grimdog73
guns i'd like to see

I wouldn't mind seeing something a little different..like a Ruger Mini-14, or an old school BAR..Heck, even something like the Calico subgun/assault rifle/whatever it was would be cool. On the full mg vibe, and old .30 cal or a .50 replica would look cool, and would be a hit with the WW2 nuts...
grimdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 21:03   #107
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp
Quote:
how important is the realism of the internals?

If you open the ejection port, is it important to you that the internals appear realistic, or do you not care? IE, a tube in the ejection port that makes it abundantly clear that no cartridges are being loaded through it
Although I doubt its possible to make the internals very realistic, it would be nice to have an empty ejection port when the bolt is moved back.

With all these questions, are you considering making something? There are plenty of people talking about how they will design this or that, but never gets past a drawing or two

Hell even I have a powerpoint drawing of a complete gas blowback shorty rifle that operates close to a real steel AK, but I doubt it would be reliable (not enough pressure to move the bolt all the way back) It would still work, just the blowback wouldnt be realistic... I think.

Either way its too basic to post up here.

Cheers!
Alex
what do you mean, it's too basic?
I mean its just not complete yet, doesnt even have a safety or fire selector! Its a simple hammer, bolt and piston combination, like most gas operated automatic firearms. Infact, as I look back at it, it wont work at all.

Never mind I said anything

Like I said before, although Id gladly "support" you in this (not financtially ofcource), I really doubt you will get as far as full production. If you do though, please do it in Canada to save us the hassle of importing!

Once you get into designing it on paper, post a sneakpeek here!

You are welcome to contact me via PM if want to chat about gas airsoft, or need some tips (hell Im no expert, but you can see I sure like talking bout GBBs!)

Cheers,
Alex
ancorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006, 23:58   #108
swatt13
Captain Awesome

oooh, please incorperate recoil! id say that would be one of the most desirable features... you know after the functional bolt tho. if your plans come to flight, i think a whole new world of airsoft would be on the horizon.

btw. for daes, if the gun runs on compressed air, it will run on co2, just not as well, inconsistan fps, jamming, rof. at;east those arre the issues i found in paintball, i figured they would carry over to this application, i could be wrong tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 00:17   #109
Daes

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13
btw. for daes, if the gun runs on compressed air, it will run on co2, just not as well, inconsistan fps, jamming, rof. at;east those arre the issues i found in paintball, i figured they would carry over to this application, i could be wrong tho.
Yeah, you are right, in the case of paintball, CO2 is compatible, as with gun freeze ups and all that other crap. The issue is that if you design with HPA in mind, you usually are not going to design in secondary features to incorporate CO2, ie expansion chambers to allow proper expansion from liquid to gas, dealing with the more corrosive nature of CO2, accidentally drawing in liquid CO2 and having your internals frozen, etc.

I rather see a gun that works well with one or the other, than one that works "ok" with both.

-Daes

Daes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 00:22   #110
sukivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatt13
oooh, please incorperate recoil! id say that would be one of the most desirable features... you know after the functional bolt tho. if your plans come to flight, i think a whole new world of airsoft would be on the horizon.

Recoil is going to be a challenge. If I have sufficient unused space after implementing the things I listed above, that will be my priority. Don't hold your breath, though.
sukivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 00:33   #111
ancorp
AK Guru

Well if you are making a functional blowback bolt, why not have an optional "heavy" bolt, which requres a tune that releases more gas towards blowback, inorder to keep a good firerate and have the bolt travel properly and reliably.

If this hits production, I would absolutely love to own an AK variant

Id say that making proper blowback would be more complicated on an AK vs say... an M16. Externally, the AK Bolt carrier travels much farther per shot (The M16 bolt outta travel just as much, but you can only see it partially, only as far as the ejection port shows). Not sure if thats a clear explanation, I could clear it up with some pics if that doesnt make enough sence

Cheers!
Alex
Old August 31st, 2006, 18:20   #112
sukivan

Just finished designing a springless blowback mechanism.
Going to be prototyping next week.

edit: trigger will probably use a spring
sukivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 18:43   #113
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Why do you think Freedom Fighter resurrected my thread back from the Trash?
Uhhh, I listened to your complaints and said fine, go fend for yourself. I am still an unbeliever and think your going to produce squat. Sorry, just being honest mate.
Old August 31st, 2006, 19:30   #114
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

H&K GMG :P
http://www.heckler-koch.de/core.php?...VzZUZsYXNoPTE=
Old August 31st, 2006, 21:40   #115
Pollock

You should do a Ruger 10/22 and A/S versions of the nicer real steel accessories (i.e. folding stock, the drum mag, rails). The recoil wouldn't have to be hard cause it's a .22.
Old August 31st, 2006, 22:08   #116
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock
You should do a Ruger 10/22 and A/S versions of the nicer real steel accessories (i.e. folding stock, the drum mag, rails). The recoil wouldn't have to be hard cause it's a .22.
Well airsoft is realistic combat simulation, how often do you see a .22 rifle in combat? Still would be nice, but not the first on the list imo.

Cheers!
Alex
Old August 31st, 2006, 22:12   #117
Kid

I've always wondered why the Thompson doesn't have a drum mag that can be bought... either some high cap or a super midcap, which would be really cool... it's really the only reason I've not bought a Thompson.

I know you're talking about guns, but I just like to throw that idea out once in a while.

Good luck, anyway.

EDIT

I definately agree with Gryphan as well, UZI needs lovinig. Internally and externally, thompson as well though.... the only damn metal body is the 1928 and it'd run you a fortune. I looked into it.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 22:24   #118
Gryphon

Know what just occured to me?

The TM Uzi needs some love in a major way. I would like to see a steel body and replacement gears/internals to make that baby rock. I believe there was one company that made metal bodies but those have long since passed into 'collector's item' status.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 22:53   #119
Droc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon
Know what just occured to me?

The TM Uzi needs some love in a major way. I would like to see a steel body and replacement gears/internals to make that baby rock. I believe there was one company that made metal bodies but those have long since passed into 'collector's item' status.
no kidding eh
i was looking at it for awhile...but saw the plastic internals and overall weight.
Old August 31st, 2006, 23:27   #120
Gryphon

And you know if it's endorsed by Snoop Dogg, it's GOTTA be good.

"I got the gauge, a Uzi, an ma muthaf*ckin .22!"

So I've been playing GTA: San Andreas. Sue me.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion