Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What guns need improvement or don't exist?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 22nd, 2006, 20:22   #31
sukivan

This is an example of TERRIBLE moderation.

You don't think I can start an airsoft manufacturer? Fine. I really don't care what you think. But what the hell does that have to do with the validity of the thread? Do you have some fundamental problem with people posting about what guns they'd like to see?

It seems to me that the only reason to Trash this thread would be if a moderator were so insecure that he couldn't stand the prospect of someone younger than him having ambition.
sukivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 20:24   #32
sukivan

Maybe you should spend more time trying to realize your own ambitions and less time trying to deride those of others.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 20:29   #33
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukivan
sent to freedom fighter:

Quote:
you have no idea who I could or could not be, or how much funding I may have available to me.

Why the fuck would you throw out a perfectly valid thread chock full of useful replies? how about you worry about your own endeavors and let me worry about mine?
PM replied.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong and show everyone how serious you really are. At 18 you have the financial backing to open up a manufacturing plant and start producing new and original airsoft guns. Your a better man than I am then I'll tell you that.

Your idea is not new, and it is not original. I'm sorry if I am harsh sometimes.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 20:50   #34
Captain Tenneal
Formerly Muffinman

This isn't such bad moderation... A thread like this pops up once every month it seems... 'Which gun would you like to be seen made into airsoft' and every single month it goes by and a slight fraction see the light of day and are made. Or are made so crapilly that no one wants them.

If you can make it; they will come. Just make it first goddamnit!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 21:10   #35
sukivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tenneal
This isn't such bad moderation... A thread like this pops up once every month it seems... 'Which gun would you like to be seen made into airsoft' and every single month it goes by and a slight fraction see the light of day and are made. Or are made so crapilly that no one wants them.

If you can make it; they will come. Just make it first goddamnit!
anybody who knows anything about business will tell you that market research should precede even R&D
Old August 22nd, 2006, 21:19   #36
Freedom Fighter

After me and sukivan chatting through PM I have agreed to move his thread back into the section where he posted it. Anyone that wants to help him with his market research is certainly more than welcome.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 21:25   #37
sukivan

Thank you.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 21:30   #38
Carvs

Send a message via AIM to Carvs Send a message via MSN to Carvs
Makarov...
Carvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 21:34   #39
Greylocks

You can do market research by reading the many threads about "What gun do you wish was made in Airsoft". You can then prove us wrong by making them. You dont even have to ask.
Part of that research should involve getting ready to answer questions like; do you have financial backing (lots of it) ? Did you get the proper manufacturing permits and licenses? Did you look into the red-tape involved?

Those questions were asked because they are valid. If we're going to take any of our time humoring you, we'd like to know if you are serious. Few have done it.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 21:35   #40
sukivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
You can do market research by reading the many threads about "What gun do you wish was made in Airsoft". You can then prove us wrong by making them. You dont even have to ask.
Part of that research should involve getting ready to answer questions like; do you have financial backing (lots of it) ? Did you get the proper manufacturing permits and licenses? Did you look into the red-tape involved?

Those questions were asked because they are valid. If we're going to take any of our time humoring you, we'd like to know if you are serious. Few have done it.
Yes. No, but I am fully aware of what is required (and it surprisingly modest). Yes.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 21:40   #41
Greylocks

If manufacturing replicas is merely modest and simple, forget about us and go do it. The information to get you started is in these forums.

When it happens, let us know.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 21:44   #42
Dracheous
Lego Head

My question is if you understand how much equipment costs to start production on something that can be as complex as an AEG to mill. I've nearly $8,000 in wood working tools and still get cranky everynow and then trying to make something because I don't have the right tool.

Its also going to be alot of money to front and realise that half of your first attempts will never make the grade to be able to retail out at a cost that would pay them off. You'd have to sell them off for peanuts. Because every prototype will have some kind of kink in it. Even when simply working with wood.

Also you will want to make sure you can afford the space to do this.

Now if you'll excuse me... I'm going to go huge my new Jointer... ... Kings 12 inch table 8 feet long... sooooooooo beautiful ^.^

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 22:01   #43
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

If you are in a position to pull it off, this is Canada - I'm sure a faithfully reproduced C7A2 would be very well recieved.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 22:19   #44
sukivan

How would you guys feel about airsoft-exclusive guns? That is to say, airsoft guns with no real world equivalent. Assuming their aesthetics, performance, and price were attractive, would you consider them? Or is replicating an actual firearm a overriding priority?
Old August 22nd, 2006, 22:24   #45
Fidget11

i think for many of us replicating an actual firearm accurately is the main thing in terms of priority for gaming. sometimes people to make hybrids that are a mix of a few guns to give them an individual look, but overall i would say airsofters tend to focus on realism in terms of what we use.

is that always true, no, but it is the general rule.

Primary: G36K
Secondary: FMU SIG P226
Fidget11 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion