Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M700 A.I.C.S.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 15th, 2007, 05:12   #151
tome

I'm wondering if it's plungers that are the problem. I've got a similar setup in my AICS with a King Arms striker spring and plunger set. The FPS string i get is very similar, taking about 2-4 shots to get up to a consistent.
tome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 00:17   #152
BlackOperative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruface View Post
Ran into an issue with mine yesterday, as it was the first time I tried to field it.

I was unable to insert the magazine without a great deal of force (yes, the bolt was out of the gun) and once I had it seated (by a slap on the bottom of the mag), it would not release. The mag release lever had lost all tension and wouldn't move - it was rock solid - and it took me 5 minutes to get the mag out by pushing it down hard from the inside/top of the now-boltless receiver with my fingers while wiggling the mag back and forth.

Upon cursory inspection, the side of the mag is now pretty scratched up (it was mint before), and as near as I can tell the mag was being pinched after inserting it about 1.5" - it was almost like the walls of the magazine well were too tight? There may be some damage to the mag catch from having to force it open. I'm going to use some emery cloth or a buffing wheel on my dremel to smooth the inside of the magwell, but I'm unimpressed to say the least.

In the meantime, anyone else experience this? Since this gun is pretty rare in my parts, it's not like I can just find another mag to cheek and see if the problem is the magazine or the receiver....
Hey, I have the Tanaka M40 and had the same problem. I am pretty sure there is a bb stuck in the back where the trigger assembly is, there was in mine and it fixed it. Hope this helps
BlackOperative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 15:42   #153
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOperative View Post
Hey, I have the Tanaka M40 and had the same problem. I am pretty sure there is a bb stuck in the back where the trigger assembly is, there was in mine and it fixed it. Hope this helps
The flexing mag is a known issue. There are parts available which solve this problem. Pax Armamentia had some CNC'ed aluminum shells to replace the stock one which greatly strengthened the mag and prevented it from flexing. I brought some in for some guys here and some for myself as well. Haven't had time to install it though, so I can't report on the effectiveness.

How about some of the other guys who purchased it?
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 15:58   #154
Kos-Mos

hmmm

Last summer necro... I guess the guy already found the issue, that is if he still has the rifle...
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 16:08   #155
tunabreath

I installed mine. It didn't quite fit in perfectly - the outer metal skin (cosmetic cover) is flexed out slightly, which makes it a moderately tight fit. The gas reservoir itself isn't bulging out though, so it shouldn't get progressively worse. It's definitely an improvement over the stock one.

It's primarily a fitment issue which will be different in every case, but it does what it says on the tin.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion