Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What will be the next big Airsoft innovation?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 22nd, 2015, 21:22   #136
DeWee

Variable velocity

Idea 1. Able to externally adjust spring guide position to adjust velocity accordingly

Idea 2. Sealed cylinder instead of a spring. Piston would be pulled into the cylinder by the sector gear, compressing the air, which would then be released. With a simple hand pump you could adjust the air pressure of the cylinder to adjust the velocity of the bb.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 21:28   #137
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Just put a slide seal on the cylinder. Slide it forward and it opens a forward port that under-volumes the barrel.
Spring guide idea would work, though.

Anyone else remember that guy who was having issues with his 249? Broke like 5 pistons because he thought the spring guide had two positions for adjusting fps? lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 21:44   #138
DeWee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Just put a slide seal on the cylinder. Slide it forward and it opens a forward port that under-volumes the barrel.
Spring guide idea would work, though.

Anyone else remember that guy who was having issues with his 249? Broke like 5 pistons because he thought the spring guide had two positions for adjusting fps? lol
Are you talking about the new cylinder or the existing one?
Old February 22nd, 2015, 23:21   #139
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

a new cylinder with 2 ports and a slide that moves back and forth to cover one or the other
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2015, 23:27   #140
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWee View Post
Variable velocity

Idea 1. Able to externally adjust spring guide position to adjust velocity accordingly.
ICS' L86 has this feature, it's also got quick spring change which is odd that other guns that have quick spring change feature don't have this as well
Old February 22nd, 2015, 23:49   #141
DeWee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
a new cylinder with 2 ports and a slide that moves back and forth to cover one or the other
ahh a larger single cylinder vs two cylinders?
Old February 23rd, 2015, 00:44   #142
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Is like to see an electric/pneumatic combo gun. The choice between gas that has attitude problems in temperature variances, or having to carry tank while your gun is attached to a dedicated line are two evils I'm not willing to deal with. Although I like the realism of the whole bang and kick of a GBBR, I'll take reliability, performance and functionality over that any day. Seeing as how you can easily fit a Lipo in your guns now, it would be nice to have an inner bolt that creates kick and snap, but only needs an initial charge from the battery to start cycling.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 01:13   #143
Danke

Do you mean like TM Recoil Shock?
Old February 23rd, 2015, 02:04   #144
Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Do you mean like TM Recoil Shock?
Not sure, I haven't seen one.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 02:05   #145
grantmac

Given the low pressure requirements for a GBBR I could definitely see something electro-pneumatic happening eventually.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 02:24   #146
Ricochet

I'm not much of an engineer, not at all in fact. I'm thinking of a piston style similar to a PTW, but thinner and with a bolt around the outside. When the piston is drawn back so is the bolt, but once released one is for round propulsion and the other for kick. Instead of a motor and mechbox, perhaps a small device that has a paddle that snaps back and forth drawing the piston. When it reaches its apex, the paddle is turned sideways, via the track it's on, releasing the piston and bolt. Springs could be used to make everything return to full battery. So you'd need an electronic control unit to run the whole thing, but if the paddle device was small enough, you may be able to fit it in the receiver, or in the buffer tube like a Systema. It could be directly a part of the trigger grouping. Run the whole deal off of a lipo, and without the motor you could cut down on power usage.

For the front of the bolt I'd use an insert, so you could switch between a pad, like a sorbo, or an aluminum plate. When the bolt strikes forward simulating the kick, you'd either get a bang-bang, or near silence. The take-down of the cylinder would be Systema-esque, except you'd just be popping a spring in and out.

On that note, you could something similar, but instead of the classic spring piston, just have the piston empty. The nozzle opening could be adjustable to control volume/FPS, and instead of a spring to draw back and snap forward, back would be full battery, and the decive physically pushes the cylinder forward from within.

Last edited by Ricochet; February 23rd, 2015 at 02:31..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 22:32   #147
DipTwit

Not sure, but this looks pretty damned close to my idea of the way p* should be....

http://www.airsoftsniping.com/?p=121
DipTwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2015, 23:26   #148
siggypoo

What will be the next big Airsoft innovation?

I still vote for gas drum mags.

Old February 25th, 2015, 00:05   #149
Danke

For you guys re-thinking the mechbox why not just a tiny engine. It's just an air pump with a piston cycling back and forth, drawing in air, compressing it, and then exhausting it through a pipe (barrel) and muffler (silencer).
Old February 25th, 2015, 00:34   #150
Foxer2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWee View Post
Variable velocity

Idea 1. Able to externally adjust spring guide position to adjust velocity accordingly

Idea 2. Sealed cylinder instead of a spring. Piston would be pulled into the cylinder by the sector gear, compressing the air, which would then be released. With a simple hand pump you could adjust the air pressure of the cylinder to adjust the velocity of the bb.
Do you not see a serious issue with this ability!
Foxer2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion