Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 23rd, 2014, 13:19   #946
audi_bhoy

I had good results on stock hop-up and RA-Tech 6.01mm barrel in the past, however it wasn't as precise that I expected last sunday when I got it out for the first time this year. I'll try different combos next time with my RA-Tech M4 length 6.01mm, the stock barrel and a 509mm 6.01mm Madbull that I fitted to the KJW hop-up.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 22:12   #947
ANTICITIZEN

Has anyone had the problem with the new pmag style mags where they stop feeding with like 10-12 bbs left
ANTICITIZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 15:22   #948
D2D

Anyone know a cheap source for the STANAG style magazines?
D2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 00:36   #949
loafing_smurf

I have a KJW M4A1 version 1 and looking for a new bolt.

I'm thinking about getting the Cradle airsot V1+ bolt. Would anyone recommend it as something that performs better and problem free? Or should I just get the V2 KJW bolt?
loafing_smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 19:46   #950
Mackie

Hi, I went to a game this weekend and notice that my nozzle didn't get back in the bolt carrier when it lock.
I just did a check up and the piston spring (part #112) is broken. (version 2)
So my questions are:
1: Did it happen to anyone? and/or why did it happen?
2: Where could I find a replacement?

Thanks to all
Mackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 22:25   #951
audi_bhoy

Yep, happened to me too at the Battlefield game last week-end. None the less it still was able to finish the game and do numerous hits. I did rebend the spring so it has both ends the same, and put it back on. If you are looking for a new spring instead, contact KJW directly for spare parts.
Old June 25th, 2014, 03:27   #952
TG211

AAARGH !!! I'm pissed ! The stuff I tried to reduce my FPS rate failed !!

Last sunday, I took the M4 for it's first day out since the mods I did, and it came out around 388-400 fps !

I guess I should blame temperature... it was 30°C in the sun. I kept the mags in the shade, but it seems it was still too warm for them.

Maybe I'll have to add another couple of o-rings... Damnit !
TG211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 11:26   #953
grantmac

I have just dropped a VSR barrel into my M4, seems to be working well. The bucking sits slightly further back compared with the end of the barrel because the retention groove is closer to the end compared with stock. I will be fixing that on the lathe but a person with a good rotary tool and steady hands could easily do the job. Much easier to modify then an AEG barrel.
It will be getting an IR-Hop soon and possibly playing with bending the barrel a little.
My hope is to push the accuracy out to 70-80yds or so with .4g BBs.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 12:00   #954
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
I have just dropped a VSR barrel into my M4, seems to be working well. The bucking sits slightly further back compared with the end of the barrel because the retention groove is closer to the end compared with stock. I will be fixing that on the lathe but a person with a good rotary tool and steady hands could easily do the job. Much easier to modify then an AEG barrel.
It will be getting an IR-Hop soon and possibly playing with bending the barrel a little.
My hope is to push the accuracy out to 70-80yds or so with .4g BBs.

-Grant
Orrr, you could have just gotten the 6.03-6.01 ra tech inner barrel designed specifically for the kjw m4 with the ra-tech hop up. Ive been using it for two years now, not a single problem and it shoots straight as ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2014, 12:23   #955
grantmac

I didn't want a 6.03 barrel and I'm not a fan of the RA-Tech since I don't like coated brass.
Plus this was free.

-Grant
Old September 22nd, 2014, 23:21   #956
audi_bhoy

Hey grantmac, any updates on the IR hop yet ? I'm planning on doing it myself this autumn on my KJW and my L96 as well, a friend of mine bought the full kit so...
Old October 1st, 2014, 23:20   #957
grantmac

Just waiting on some tubing.

For now gone back to the standard barrel since I prefer the CQBR. I will be doing some experiments with a DIY barrel this fall that has some promise but before that I will do the IR-HOP.

I will say this much: the TDC is an extremely effective mod and my combat range easily outranges most guns on the field even shooting 380fps with .20g BBs, but running .30g

-Grant
Old October 2nd, 2014, 21:01   #958
audi_bhoy

My KJW once was a laser shooter too, been having inconsistency lately, I need to find someone with a 3-axis numeric lathe to produce custom valves instead of the cradle to increase the stability, and I will drop the R-HOP in as well too...

I've got the 3D solidworks part drawn, but can't find any of my friends who's got access to that CNC lol !
Old October 3rd, 2014, 09:55   #959
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Just use the stock black plastic valve and throw the cradle O rings on that using the stock o ring to hold them on. Been using it like that for 2 years now, no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 13:18   #960
audi_bhoy

Had some unstable fps when I tried that, due to the fact that the o-ring doesn't seal in a round shape but more of a square like shape, since it sits on the holed portion of the valve :/
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion