Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Optics Vs. Iron sights

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 26th, 2014, 16:27   #61
zzzzsleepy8

Um.... well, I dont find a problem with him roughing up his guns. Real steel are designed to be roughed up. Or they better stand the test because in battle its there to protect you. You're not there to protect it from scratches.

I think he means he uses the RMR to snag on things on purpose. He is suggesting the RMR sight is very robust because he can do that and its still fine.

A lot of holsters clear the back so it will fit.

As you can see and hear from him in the video, his top slide was custom machined to seat the RMR sight
zzzzsleepy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 16:41   #62
Emre1337

I guess they can withstand it better, but why purposefully rough your guns up? As for the rmr, he has some reinforced housing/case or something, I wouldn't dare snag an airsoft clone rmr or even a RS rmr without the housing.
Emre1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 16:56   #63
zzzzsleepy8

I don't think he does it for kicks.

If you listen to what he explains in the video, he said if in a battle situation he lost functioning of one arm (maybe got shot or stuck or is occupied doing something else), he can still charge the slide back with one hand by utilizing the fact the RMR sticks out, so we can snag it on things to charge it back. And that even if he does this, the optic is fine hence proves its durable. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

If your AEG is your baby, or you are a collector, then obviously you wouldn't rough up your guns. But Chris Costa and the people who train with them use their weapons in duty (whether LE, mil, or civilian self defense), so the gun is there to protect you. Its not a piece of art to be babied.
zzzzsleepy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 17:25   #64
Emre1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzsleepy8 View Post
I don't think he does it for kicks.

If you listen to what he explains in the video, he said if in a battle situation he lost functioning of one arm (maybe got shot or stuck or is occupied doing something else), he can still charge the slide back with one hand by utilizing the fact the RMR sticks out, so we can snag it on things to charge it back. And that even if he does this, the optic is fine hence proves its durable. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

If your AEG is your baby, or you are a collector, then obviously you wouldn't rough up your guns. But Chris Costa and the people who train with them use their weapons in duty (whether LE, mil, or civilian self defense), so the gun is there to protect you. Its not a piece of art to be babied.
I must have not heard the part where he mentions loosing function of an arm, so in those situations it makes sense. In airsoft though, your not going to loose function of an arm (at least I hope not), and I don't think airsoft guns are as durable as a RS one. Anyways, I was just curious if there was a way to sight a pistol with both eyes open. I guess an rmr is my best bet but it's not like my pistol is replacing my primary, it's just a backup in case my primary is inoperative at that moment, so I don't think I should worry too much about an rmr for now.
Emre1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion