Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Artificial, pseudo real-cap?

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 14th, 2012, 19:52   #1
Bois Brule

Artificial, pseudo real-cap?

Okay.
So I have an ICS grease gun, hi-cap magazine only.

The real M3 shot @ 450 rounds per minute, 7.5 rounds per second.
4 seconds to empty the mag.

The ICS fires @ 900 per minute, 15 per second.
So at 4 seconds to empty the mag, I'd be looking at 60 BBs.

Would I be limiting myself greatly if I limited my rounds per magazine to 60? I like the idea, but don't relish the thought of being chewed up.

Thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? Stupid idea?

Just curious. Gonna do it anyways, until experience gives me the answer, but I'm bored and curious as to opinions.
Bois Brule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 20:53   #2
HackD

Honestly, if you don't treat that high-cap like a water-hose, i wouldn't worry too much about it. I think with that M3, you are limited to the mags you can get for it, correct? It's not like it's an M4/M16 where every manufacturer out there supplies a variety of mags in real cap 30's, to mid cap 68's/80's/120's etc..

So, if you real-cap your high-caps, then to run any skirmishes, you are likely going to need to carry, what 10+ mags? Seems like a waste of money to me, if the objective is realism.. considering that those 10 "real-caps" are in actual fact now tactical morocca's announcing your presence to everyone within 500 yards of you..

I'd just stick to a couple high-caps (if that is all that is available) filled up, and apply a disciplined trigger finger with them.. my $.02 anyway.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 21:27   #3
mmmken

If you want realism, why not? Guys (including myself) who run with GBBR's all have limits on our magazine capacities. My M4 is limited to 39 rounds. Yes, it's a disadvantage against guys who have endless ticklers, but it's realistic. I run with 4 magazines capped at 39 rounds with no issues, and I still manage to get my share of kills.

It'll actually force you to move around and not camp in a single spot the entire game with one finger on the trigger and the other tickling the magazine.

Unless you want to do what they do in Hollywood movies and never have the need to reload - do it!
Old June 14th, 2012, 22:14   #4
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Here is a way to use high caps .. But not abuse them

Remove the mag to wind it...

It simulates the time to reload,

And a full wind. Gives you about the capacity of a real cap
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 22:34   #5
tunabreath

Considering airsoft BB's ineffectiveness at range or in wind, I'm partial to the idea of high rate of fire 3 round burst with a 90 round capacity.
Old June 14th, 2012, 22:36   #6
kalnaren

Problem with hicaps is it's hard to get an exact BB amount from them. You have to compensate for the amount of BB's in the feed mechanism that never actually fire.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 00:13   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

my g&g highcaps for my m14 feed everything but 5 or 6 rounds... what sucks is counting them as they go in if you want to be precise.

The other thing that sucks is even half or quarter loaded (or even realcap + compensation to account for the ones that get stuck in the feed tube or the floaters that don't get pushed into the hopup), is that they are loud... they rattle... and you can hear a guy with a highcap trying to be quiet. Though it's not as bad as people make it out to be...

I usually hear them stepping on twigs/sticks or talking with their buddy long before I hear the rattle of the highcap.

BTW, if you're handy there's ways to quiet them down with materials like foam or dynamat on the inside. It takes away capacity, but can cut the audible noise down quite a bit.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank