Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

asg dan wesson 715 problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 8th, 2016, 13:47   #1
Cloven

asg dan wesson 715 problem

The new dan wesson 715 revolver has a built in hop up. The inner barrel and hop up are spring loaded so that it's being pushed against the cylinder. If I adjust the hop up any more than 'moderately', then something goes wrong. As far as I can tell, the grub screw is backing out enough that it's pressing against the inside of the body, if I push the end of the hop up that seals with the cylinder in it no longer springs back out. If the end is pushing against the cylinder, then the trigger pull becomes ridiculously hard because the cylinder can't advance because the hop end isn't moving inwards. If I put the grub screw in about 180 degrees (reducing hop up), then it all works fine, but the problem is at that point there is little to no hop up. If I adjust it to the point to add any hop up to the BB, then this problem occurs of the inner barrel and hop up not springing back and forth any more. ASG doesn't take questions from users, so I thought I'd post it here. The only fix right now I can think of is drill out the hole for the allen key so the grub screw protrudes into it instead of binding on the inside of the body. That or modify the hop up unit so that the amount of hop starts to take effect with the grub screw further inside the unit (backing the grub screw out increases hop).
It's cool that this revolver has a hop up built into it, it would just be nice to be able to use it w/out it rendering the revolver inoperable.
Cloven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 14:40   #2
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

It could be a defective gun but I suspect if you are shooting indoors the range may not be enough to set your hop up well, and if you shoot outside it may be too cold, reducing the effectiveness of the hop rubber.
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 19:42   #3
N_Force

Any pics to show the grub screw

Link below is how to reduce the contact force between barrel and cylinder.
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.ph...&ref=bookmarks

Last edited by N_Force; January 8th, 2016 at 20:03..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 13:09   #4
Cloven

I have determined the problem:

As you loosen the screw it unthreads from this little block. The top of the screw pushes against this collar, so loosening it pushes the block downwards into the barrel. The little collar is weak and broke, so unthreading it just pushed the screw up against the inside of the body.
Old January 13th, 2016, 17:18   #5
N_Force

Hmm! This design is a bit complicated. Adjustable hop up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
I have determined the problem:

As you loosen the screw it unthreads from this little block. The top of the screw pushes against this collar, so loosening it pushes the block downwards into the barrel. The little collar is weak and broke, so unthreading it just pushed the screw up against the inside of the body.

Old January 14th, 2016, 09:57   #6
Cloven

The question now is, how to fix it? I'm not sure if there's anywhere I could buy just the hop up unit. I tried using a two part epoxy to glue it down, but the surface is so small that it just separated again once I increased the hop up. I'm not sure how well CA glue would hold if two part epoxy didn't. The metal feels very soft, maybe a zinc alloy, so solder it maybe?
Old January 14th, 2016, 15:53   #7
N_Force

If you just use epoxy, the contact area is too small for bonding. Chinese has a tiny copper metal piece for holding electrical wire on wall. If there is enough space on top, you may just cut a right size in U shape and epoxy on top. If not enough space, then break the top piece and fix it. Do you think if it works?

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner