Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gryphon BBs Reviews?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 18th, 2016, 22:48   #16
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawBone View Post
I've had a few misfeeds with BBB's "Frag" line, but it could have been the cheap mag as well (I didn't get to test with other brands). Usually they fed just fine and flew nice and straight.
The frag-line is for grenades not magazine fed weapons. They intentionally don't super polish them for that reason.
Old September 18th, 2016, 23:23   #17
Sidster71

??? Gryphon's. Not sure where you got Elite Force unless you mean that's what you are basing findings against as mentioned. Gryphon makes .25 tracers, used 3-4 bottles of them in August and worked like a charm. I Have elite force however I don't use them that much.

Last edited by Sidster71; September 18th, 2016 at 23:29..
Sidster71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 07:49   #18
SawBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
The frag-line is for grenades not magazine fed weapons. They intentionally don't super polish them for that reason.
Considering the results I got with them, I would disagree. I've had maybe a handful misfeed with them from the 20 000 I've used. I'd say that's good enough for me. I guess It shows how good the brand is if they're really intended for grenade use only. Anyways, that's beside the point of this thread lol.
SawBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 09:43   #19
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger_CDN View Post
Soft CAD dollar and a soft vendor market

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...page=35http://
That is what happens when it is "proudly designed in Canada" then "$$$ made over seas"

If BBB was 100% made in Canada, they would be still here today. Plus they would be contracted by other companies for private labelled bb's.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 14:23   #20
Ricochet

Quote:
You can certainly use them in whatever you like, I've even used a few in a spring L96 and they worked. They didn't however get the same love and polishing as their other lines.
Old September 20th, 2016, 10:30   #21
Grudge
multitech

I had problems with Bastards Bio bbs. Was a hot day and every one of my magazines, rifle and pistol the bbs flattened out and jammed. Took over 2 hours with a pick to get them all out. Then the vendors here couldn't get any bbs cause they were going to some big event in the states. We all had to look elsewhere and never looked back.

Their regular bbs were good, a little pricey, but I hated their bios. And if they are not going to be available, well, hard to stay with something that you can't buy.
Old September 20th, 2016, 14:23   #22
Mikeylikes

So what do people buy now?
Mikeylikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 14:34   #23
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Madbull, G&G, maybe some others.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 17:10   #24
Datawraith

Bioshot (still rarer and harder to get than some more widespread brands), and I may be trialling the 0.3 Gryphons at OP:Risk alongside the bioshots.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 18:39   #25
Ricochet

Elite Force.
Old September 21st, 2016, 10:22   #26
Grudge
multitech

I'm with Ricochet, Elite Force.
Old September 21st, 2016, 11:43   #27
Ricochet

Interesting to hear you had issues with your Bastard bio's like that. Nearly a decade ago we switched over to bio's and didn't have any issues, in fact I'd say they were easily on par with their styrene rounds. The only problem I had witnessed is one of our guys saying his Bastard bio's began melting in the bags he had purchased after sitting for a year or two. The weird part was that he got his in the same crates that we got ours and bags were handed out randomly, except for desired weights. Every other player had not experienced this and not only has mine just ran out after over six years, but another one of our guys who dropped out of airsoft the year after we made the order is now selling his bags in perfect condition. I'd have to surmise that is must have something to do with how they are being stored. Having them around severe hot, cold, or even moisture hasn't ruined any of my Bastard bio's. I've played in 40•, -20•, and torrential rain and if a BB will feed consistently in a PTW, it'll feed in anything. But Grudge is correct, if BB Bastard is done then alternatives will have to be sought out.

Lots of people rave over the G&G and Madbull lines, but I've never used G&G and when we ordered Madbull's they all jammed and chopped, but that was over a decade ago now.

Bioshot seems to be king of the modern bio, especially because of the weights they offer, but I again, have not tried them myself and they can be difficult/expensive to get.

Goldenball and Valken suck terribly. I've personally seen both have issues in several guns and have never read a positive review on them.

Tamashi bio BB's are literally the worst BB's on planet earth. I'd almost run those frumpy plastic ones at Canadian Tire over those.

Elite Force are great and readily available, at least out here. I know of at least four different shops that carry them, so they are really easy to get and work very well.

BB Bastard is possibly the best BB ever, but they've closed up shop, so who cares.

Green Devils are another outstanding BB with a couple of carriers in Canada. They've been around forever and are probably the best BB out of Europe. Up until BB Bastard bio rounds these were the way to go.

Gryphon's are B2's foray into the BB world and are lauded as being on par with Green Devil's, but not enough solid data is on them yet. Sidster, who I know owns many different platforms, swears by them, but other than that, it's a mystery. However I have heard good things about B2 consistently and hopefully can review their rounds soon.
Old September 21st, 2016, 18:55   #28
chaz

Was running Elite Force with zero issues and super happy with the performance. Recently switched to Madbulls and I am just as happy with them as the EF's.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 23:50   #29
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
and when we ordered Madbull's they all jammed and chopped, but that was over a decade ago now.
That's like....literally forever in the airsoft world. Madbulls are great.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2016, 23:55   #30
Ricochet

That's why I said it was over a decade ago. Many people swear by them now, but we never went back. Gotta be fair.

Honestly, go by availability, cost and most of all, quality.

In my opinion every BB has to pass the PTW test. For some reason they don't like crappy or mediocre rounds, so if it feeds and shots well in a PTW then it's good to go.

Last edited by Ricochet; September 23rd, 2016 at 00:19..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion