Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How to Turn Left Corners?

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old February 4th, 2016, 22:46   #16
Splinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marac View Post
Good points but not what he's asking about here. Slicing the wrong side corner, slowly while at it, results in half your body being exposed before your barrel (and sight) clears it.

Isn't this what was asked or did I miss interpret the question?
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2016, 22:51   #17
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBAIV89KiUA
I prefer technique two... given your situation, you keep your dominant hand and eye and only change shoulders. You will still expose more of yourself than if you were to approach from your non dominant side but at the least you are better set up to return fire.

Last edited by localfreerider; February 4th, 2016 at 22:55..
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2016, 23:37   #18
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post

Isn't this what was asked or did I miss interpret the question?
I was asking for a method to hold the gun and aim while exposing as little of myself as possible, but without using the left eye. Thanks for the effort though
Handsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2016, 23:47   #19
marac

Misinterpret, as stated by the man himself. Not about how to clear corners, but about how to clear weak side as (or almost as) effectively as the strong side. That is the side he is wondering about, but he wants to know means other than normal weapon position while clearing, as when holding it on the right side (against right shoulder) while moving to the left will expose your body to the enemy before your weapon clears the corner. Your diagram doesn't show the issue.
marac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2016, 23:49   #20
Splinter

My bad

Last edited by Splinter; February 4th, 2016 at 23:55..
Old February 5th, 2016, 00:09   #21
ShelledPants

Change shoulders and pie the corner. Safest way.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 01:20   #22
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsonic View Post
I meant left corner as in your body is positioned on the left side of the wall. Thanks.
liek dis?

Damnit, you guys posted like 5 times before i finished drawing this in ms paint. I'm not deleting it.

Just throw a grenade into the corner and try to flush it out the best that you can. There's a reason why there are vision requirements in military.

Or cut the corner by taking a step back and leaning, that's what people usually do, like what others have said before.

Last edited by RainyEyes; February 5th, 2016 at 01:22..
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 04:30   #23
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Throw a grenade around every corner. Problem solved.

One time after some airsoft I admired myself in the mirror while flexing my spaghetti arms and flabby belly and noticed that there was a strong bias to BB smacks on my person. It seemed that a high proportion of the superficial contusions caused by BB strikes on my sexy body were strongly concentrated towards my right front quarter.

I found the distribution of hits interesting and walked around my house pointing my right index finger around corners quietly muttering "pew pew pew!" and realized that I tend to pie around corners with my left shoulder forward. Being strongly right handed and right eye dominant, I tend to like to present my left side when going around corners and through doors. The statistical hit evidence on my body supported that premise and the guys at TTAC fire for effect at close range so I had a lot of marks to tally up. Yay sampling theory!

A disporportionately high percentage of hits whammed into my left forearm, face, and left hand. I like to think that it is evidence that I am using cover to minimize frontal area as best I can.

All in all, the hits provided me with some evidence of how others were blasting me. I don't typically get many marks on my backside, which tells me I don't get backdoored too often, but the very strong distribution towards the front left tells me a lot about how I like to go forward a lot.

I don't play very often anymore, but I pay some attention to where I am getting hit to give me a sense of how I move through a situation. Issues like "How does one make a weak handed, weak eyed corner?" are very personal. Your sense of vision and handedness are something that will be hard for others who are not similar to appreciate so you will have to find your own way. Fortunately airsoft is non lethal. We can look at little mini bruises on our skin to post mortem our game and better understand how our lizard brain likes to do things.

Right now, it looks like if I was a ETF cop, I would take a hit right through the left armpit hole in my vest through both lungs because I do not present the strike face of my vest squarely when I go through doors or corners.

Last edited by MadMax; February 5th, 2016 at 04:32..
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:10   #24
Covax

Quote:
Originally Posted by marac View Post
Misinterpret, as stated by the man himself. Not about how to clear corners, but about how to clear weak side as (or almost as) effectively as the strong side. That is the side he is wondering about, but he wants to know means other than normal weapon position while clearing, as when holding it on the right side (against right shoulder) while moving to the left will expose your body to the enemy before your weapon clears the corner. Your diagram doesn't show the issue.
The diagram is a start though. It's the strategy - which he needs to change - and now he's got to develop the tactic which he has to develop, and that's going to require some work, not a quick patch. We can't comment too much about about specifics because we don't know Splinter's loadout nor his particular role on a team, if any (in that case team leaders should drill the guy to death). I don't know if he's a fat guy with a Juggernaut rig or a skinny guy in a t-shirt.

Well, Handsonic, you've got to accept that you're going to expose your fleshy parts when you round the corner. What you want to do is expose the minimum about of meat (pat pending) when you do so and yeah, I'm not telling you anything you don't know but what I am saying is you are going to have to drill. Fortunately you have some stupid simple drill options. For the mirror exercise I suggest checking out this this guide below.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-a-Building-with-a-Firearm

It's not the best guide for room-clearing, but the mirror exercise is solid. I'd also recommend getting a buddy and doing the flashlight exercise they suggest. If it helps start small in your PJs and a pistol, then work your way up to more gear & longer guns. After that, try drilling at a game. If you don't have a team, rope some guys together temporarily. Dude's love stacking & breaching.

Yes, you will discover limits. It's not cowardice to avoid a killing floor. But there's always going to be that killer corner in that killer hallway, or that one 4' x 4' x 4' you always get stuck behind. And at that point just say fuck it and go out like a boss and I'll meet you in Valhalla (e.g. staging).

Last edited by Covax; February 5th, 2016 at 08:52..
Covax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:35   #25
Splinter

I'm just going on what I have been trained to do. We use to beat cqc to death back at the unit. My section commander was also civy side WRPS ERU so we sponged all the info he could feed us. As you will try and keep your cover discipline at some point or another you will show your body split seconds before you have your target sqaured up. Limiting your exposure is important but it is also the smooth fluent movement through the drill.
Old February 5th, 2016, 08:50   #26
Covax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
I'm just going on what I have been trained to do. We use to beat cqc to death back at the unit. My section commander was also civy side WRPS ERU so we sponged all the info he could feed us. As you will try and keep your cover discipline at some point or another you will show your body split seconds before you have your target sqaured up. Limiting your exposure is important but it is also the smooth fluent movement through the drill.
Whoops, sorry Splinter, I meant you reference the OP not you. You I was agreeing with.
Old February 5th, 2016, 09:25   #27
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

blind left eye?

I think your problem would be right corners not left. But anyway.

not much you are going to be able to do, you have a handicap, But if I had that issue I would go to pistol left hand strong and flop my head over to the left shoulder so I can align the right eye over the left side. and go.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2016, 09:47   #28
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Practice practice and practice again. Find a buddy to help, have him be the enemy, start off by calling out who sees who first, then upgrade to actual live fire till you learn your weaknesses and adjust accordingly.
Old February 21st, 2016, 01:35   #29
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covax View Post
Surprisingly comprehensive read for a wiki article. Bravo.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 12:49   #30
arnold869

Send me your e-mail by PM, I can send you some Training pubs that may help you.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures