Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old March 31st, 2015, 21:51   #901
Danke

Too bad the most realistic Glock in Canada already sold.
Old March 31st, 2015, 22:16   #902
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Pfff, there will be another most realistic glock thread in a few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 04:53   #903
zessy

Hi Eluder,

Thank you for your feedback. I solved the issues before getting it, but this confirms at least that I understood this mechanic!
Concerning the hammer hook, this is what I did. Since the access is really difficult, I used a flat screw driver to fill a bit the hooks. Just taking off the paint has been enough to get it to hang correctly. The gun now cycles.
The issue with the loader wass indeed due to the hammer. Filling just a minimum the magazine where the catch grabs has also been enough. it still doesn't move in the body, but it doesn't leak anymore.

Now I have a last issue: the slide doesn't stay back on the last shot. I can't tell if it is because of not enough recoil (but there is a 150% guarder spring), or if the lever doesn't catch the magazine. It works when I slide manually and seem to be in the correct position. Not when I shoot. Strange issue, since these pieces are original Marui, and the gun is totally new.
zessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 06:49   #904
Animalmother

What bucking are you guys using?
Animalmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 06:29   #905
emp3ror86

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Jam in what way?
You need to very careful about how your gun is handling all that recoil energy.

This tells me that all the recoil kinetic energy is dispersed right when the slide changes it's direction. THis could spell disaster from your front screw casing (if yo havent modded your gun).
Since then I realised that the slide gets stuck on the outer barrel. Some filing solved the jamming issue. Then I tried to fix the leaking valve problem of my APS magazine and the valve came apart in its socket. So at the moment I gave up on CO2 usage and readjust the gun to propane again.

I have a newer Guarder frame with enforced front screw casing. That takes such kind of abusing really well. Stock frame did not last long anyway with propane.
emp3ror86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2015, 16:03   #906
Azathoth

Just checking for some information. What is the most strong recoil spring for the TM Hicapa.

Last i checked it was the airsoft surgeon 150. Is it still the case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2015, 08:54   #907
alex90023

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Pfff, there will be another most realistic glock thread in a few weeks.
What do you mean, new glock come out ?
alex90023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 01:59   #908
Amoki

Just in case someone is looking for info about the UAC Glock parts (since there are next to no info on it on the Net), here's my 2 cents:

1) The UAC Day and Night Sight for Glocks is pretty much drop in. The Front sight requires a touch of superglue to fix it down, which is fine if you want to zero your pistol front sight

2) The UAC aluminium loading nozzle is also fairly "drop-in" ready, but feels loose when fitted with the stock BBU piston head. That said, when I shoot my G17 with propane I am getting ~254-280FPS on .25gs.
Amoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:04   #909
Silver_Back

Hi guys, I am looking for small parts

The G26-22 Hop Unit Securing Screw For G17/G26 GBB Series
I really need thoses 2 little screws for a hop unit. :banghead:

I would like to have
G17-29 Trigger Frame Roll Pin
And the G26-60 Lower Frame Upper Roll Pin

Anyone know where I can find them or by what I can replace them.
Thanks alot

Silver_Back

P.S.: I have look around a couple Canadian and Asian site without success

Last edited by Silver_Back; April 25th, 2015 at 09:05.. Reason: Adding where I search for
Silver_Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:30   #910
daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex90023 View Post
What do you mean, new glock come out ?
No, its a running joke that every now and again someone will post up a thread asking how to build the "most realistic Glock", or post on the classifieds the "most realistic Glock" for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoki View Post
Just in case someone is looking for info about the UAC Glock parts (since there are next to no info on it on the Net), here's my 2 cents:

1) The UAC Day and Night Sight for Glocks is pretty much drop in. The Front sight requires a touch of superglue to fix it down, which is fine if you want to zero your pistol front sight
I can confirm with this user on the UAC sights. Except with a PGC slide you need to basically take a metal file and run it once (in my case) across one part of the front post sight and it will be a nice fit. The rear sight just drops in. During the day light its quite easy to see, and at night the tritium lamps light up the fiber optics enough for you to see them sufficiently. Its not super bright (which would bring unwanted attention), just enough that you can see them and get a sight picture.
Quote:
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old April 28th, 2015, 02:49   #911
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Has anybody else done the second pin through the frame modification? It's holding up great on my end, but I'd like to hear the experiences of others.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 19:21   #912
Silver_Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeStopCalling View Post
Has anybody else done the second pin through the frame modification? It's holding up great on my end, but I'd like to hear the experiences of others.
I am about to do it in the next week or two.
Silver_Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2015, 13:21   #913
daishi

So I have a strange little gremlin. Not sure if this is a common problem or not.

When my propane can is about 50% used up, I can only get about 15-16 shots out of each mag, I can hear the propane stop flowing, so im not sure its under filling. But if I use a brand new canister or one that is not half gone, I can get 40-43 shots per mag out.

As well, one of my mags consistently shoots 8-10 shots as a light strike. It will cycle but not enough for it to catch the slide catch. It will also sound very dainty. After said 8-10 shots it will fire like normal.

Are any of these problems fixable gremlins? I kinda dont want to have a ton of propane tanks lying around half empty.
Quote:
Old April 29th, 2015, 13:29   #914
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
So I have a strange little gremlin. Not sure if this is a common problem or not.

When my propane can is about 50% used up, I can only get about 15-16 shots out of each mag, I can hear the propane stop flowing, so im not sure its under filling. But if I use a brand new canister or one that is not half gone, I can get 40-43 shots per mag out.

As well, one of my mags consistently shoots 8-10 shots as a light strike. It will cycle but not enough for it to catch the slide catch. It will also sound very dainty. After said 8-10 shots it will fire like normal.

Are any of these problems fixable gremlins? I kinda dont want to have a ton of propane tanks lying around half empty.
The propane issue is normal. When you fill the magazine with the propane tank, all you're doing is equalizing the pressure between the two containers. Thus, as pressure decreases due to a lack of propane filling the fixed volume that is the tank, you'll end up with less pressure in the magazine, and less to work with when it comes to firing the gun. There really is no solution, though making your guns more efficient helps.

The light strike may be because of your hammer spring or magazine temperature properties unique to that particular magazine.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2015, 14:40   #915
daishi

Gah, so really the only solution is to chuck out half empty propane tanks Wish there was a way to get around that. That severely limits the amount of mag fills I can effectively get from a tank.
Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications