Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

a stop at a surplus/paintball shop in Stkitts.

:

General

Old October 9th, 2007, 19:50   #1
DC_ACU

a stop at a surplus/paintball shop in Stkitts.

so i stopped by a place in st catherines that i used to go to for gear..
lets just call it ZMD paintball.
the owner, would NOT shut up about how airsoft is illegal, and hes so against it, but a lot of his customers are in all the time ordering stuff like camo and vests, etc..
so i decide to look around the tiny store...
wouldnt you know it, hes got those semi decent 'airsoft' guns that have tan grips and heat shields (cant remember the company name, been up for almost 39 hours straight now)

so i asked him, why, if airsoft IS illegal, how he would have managed to get the 3 on his wall.
he started getting pretty pissed off, untill i showed some interest in spending some money on some new kneepads.

he went on for a good 20 minutes about 'those airsoft feilds that everyone goes to dont have proper insurance' and so on, he knew this because he had supposedly tried to host airsoft games at his paintball field and his insurance company warned him if he did, ,it would no longer be covered..
and about how airsoft is screwing milsim paintball over because of the simularities in weapons.

he then showed me a catalog of airsoft i guess he had ordered from the US and it got seized and he lost a rather large chunk of cash..

im taking it this is why he doesnt like airsoft, but what i wanted to know, is if any of what he said may possibly be true? because id feel like an idiot if i somewhat tried to stand up for airsoft, not knowing much about how fields are run, etc..
DC_ACU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 19:55   #2
Sergeantmajor

you would be very impressed by stuff i heard in army surplus...ridiculous...

metal airsoft are illegal???
Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 20:01   #3
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

DO NOT GOTO THIS STORE.
DO NOT GOTO THIS STORE.
DO NOT GOTO THIS STORE.

Ive been there a few times, I bought a mask and some BDU's there (I had not discovered the epic-ness of Jeroons store yet)

The owner is a complete idiot.
What he is selling are Tippman Made guns. White Knight bought TWO XM8's there and they both broke within 24 hours. The first one a gear broke. second one broke in box (motor cover came off).
Most of his clients are those speedballing adoring players that have shitfits when theyre out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.

Last edited by MrEvolution; October 9th, 2007 at 20:04..
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 20:02   #4
DC_ACU

hey evo.. i know man iv been there many times in the past few years, and every time i stop by i remember why i want to smash the owner with my knucks.. lol
i just needed some new kneepads :P
Old October 9th, 2007, 20:05   #5
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
LOL creative outdoors guy is extremely confused about the current state of airsoft right now. He says "the man" is hassling him and he's afraid to sell...get this...internals...he hids them in cardboard box behind the counter...I LOLed...

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 20:06   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ACU View Post
he then showed me a catalog of airsoft i guess he had ordered from the US and it got seized and he lost a rather large chunk of cash..
Hmm....I WONDER WHY he thinks it's bad and illegal.

*rolls eyes*

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 20:07   #7
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
i just needed some new kneepads :P
Understandable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 20:10   #8
White_knight

yeah iv been there a bunch of times, hes always on his computer and wont give you the time of day until your ready to buy, then even when you are he still wont look up from that computer. the prices aren't even that good, but alas hes the only one left that i know of close. jeroon is my #1 surplus guy now. i would rather drive the 1 hour and a 1/2 then set foot in that store again, i have never felt so unwelcome then when i was in "ZMD". thats enough of my ramblings now.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 20:26   #9
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanhchan View Post
LOL creative outdoors guy is extremely confused about the current state of airsoft right now. He says "the man" is hassling him and he's afraid to sell...get this...internals...he hids them in cardboard box behind the counter...I LOLed...
Probably because he knows people who have had their livelyhood snuffed out by "the man" when they had their inventory seized, and their store shut down...Can't blame a guy for being cautious.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 20:33   #10
DC_ACU

Quote:
im taking it this is why he doesnt like airsoft,

read what i said before you jump to your attempt at an insult to what i typed.

he admitted to knowing before hand that you cannot import from the US.
which he continued to do at his own risk.

Last edited by DC_ACU; October 9th, 2007 at 21:05..
Old October 9th, 2007, 23:38   #11
pawscal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuxi View Post
And you are what? Crystal clear as to legal status of importing and retailing of airsoft?

If he is afraid to sell them, so what? Does it hurt you? The mans livelihood is on the line. Do you think he rather not sell airsoft products and make more money? The man is clearly afraid to, hence him doing what he did.

He is one of the most honest surplus store owners I have ever met, and though his prices are not always the 'best', he has never tried to mislead me in what he sells, even to the point of discouraging me from buying items he felt were not of good enough quality for me to use.

So what gives you the god damn mother-fucking right to talk down on him like he is a fucking fool you punk ass newb?

WOAH LOL
Old October 9th, 2007, 23:47   #12
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

I love you Yuxi. I know you hate me but i still love you very much
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:03   #13
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
so
he went on for a good 20 minutes about 'those airsoft feilds that everyone goes to dont have proper insurance' and so on, he knew this because he had supposedly tried to host airsoft games at his paintball field and his insurance company warned him if he did, ,it would no longer be covered..
Well, thats somewhat true, he would be using his field for a purpose other than what was stated for his policy. If he wanted to I suppose he could apply for another policy or apply to extend his current policy in regards to this, but as it stands this is all comerical based insurance and Im not to versed in the area. Im more farmiliar with personal lines.

But well premiums alone for a 5 mil liability would cost an arm and a leg a year, in the area of 2800+ probly.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; October 10th, 2007 at 03:05..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 13:27   #14
Phalanix
raaaaawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuxi View Post
So what gives you the god damn mother-fucking right to talk down on him like he is a fucking fool you punk ass newb?
Having a bad day, Yuxi?
Old October 10th, 2007, 13:34   #15
Mapcinq

Send a message via MSN to Mapcinq
Is "newb" actually becoming a hurtful insult? If so, thats pretty fucking sad....
Mapcinq is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General