"My Way"

:

General

Old September 7th, 2009, 22:45   #1
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
"My Way"

Besides being a classic Frank Sinatra song, I thought it might be a neat thread (for anyone willing to do so), outline your style of play, tell about what you love to do for tactics or whatnot, for various scenarios, tell stories, brag if you want, of how you play the game and maybe what you might feel sets you apart from others in the areas you play. Will leave it all open for anyone to describe and even detail the way you feel you play the game of airsoft. I have lots under my belt, and know my styles very well, but want others to lead into a unique discussion on what their preferred playing style is. Am hoping it'll be an entertaining thread on the various personalities in airsoft and the way they deal with teamwork, tactics, working alone, what others do when last alive or hunted by many, etc.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 23:59   #2
Amos

I'm a bolt action user... But I get EXTREMELY aggressive when I'm in CQB and have a full auto gun... One time in Melville I had Bob The Angry Potato pinned behind a door while I was running and advancing with a KSC TMP... all that was exposed was his hand.. and I managed to hit him in the knuckle from over 60 feet away... I was proud of that lol

Another one of my favorite things.. is when there's a squad of people approching me.. I like to hide low in the bush.. then when they're JUST outside their range.. I pop up and do the Tusken Raider thing with my sniper rifle over my head... It's really funny to see a group that's full-auto equipped turn and run from one guy with a bolt action.

I also enjoy climbing up on impossible objects... lol (Note: climbing is a subjective word here... It took alot to get me up there lol)

G3SD6

Last edited by Amos; September 8th, 2009 at 00:05..
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 00:24   #3
NoGear
likes being humiliated

Well my style of play is mostly team work based. If im with a small group thats when my maximum performance is basicaly around. Im kinda the type of player that goes by the textbook sorte of speak.

one time i was storming my buddie with my TF-11 and had to switch to my shotgun (3 burst) Doing the whole gears runn. Pulled out my shells and i forgot to reload them from the game earlyer, guess i learned my lession.

A wile back i gamed my thundermaul using .2s and it was realy windy, i mean like high seas windy. Anyway my buddie was stationed bhind this fallen tree bunker about 80ft away and i tried to lit him up but missed due to the wind. i aimed to the left and all my shots got carried by the wind and it curve shoted and nailed him on the side of his mask.
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 00:28   #4
KoolAidMan

Haven't been to an airsoft game yet but taking what i can from woodsball type gaming i would say i'm agressive i like to move up with cover fire and aprouch tarket head on , or if the i find a blind spot flank them and wipe out the whole opposition/take the objective

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 00:29   #5
theguy

My style is to fall face first on my painfully expensive scratch built AR in the first five minutes of the game, resulting in me having to replace most of the front end >.>

Then ending up using a rental MP5 for the rest of the game, making all my kit and AR mags useless.

Sorry, just had a bad experience.

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 00:30   #6
scubasteve

Amos your heavier then I thought. LOL It took no effort to get thundercactus up there. My play style is the exact opposite of amos. I try to get as many bb's to the opposite side. Find a nice spot along side the trail and rain down the shit storm. I love flanking to. Nothing more satisfying then catching 10 guy's defending there base and taking them all out.

Last edited by scubasteve; September 8th, 2009 at 00:37..
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 00:35   #7
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
Amos your heavier then I thought. LOL It took no effort to get thundercactus up there. My play style is the exact opposite of amos. I try to get as many bb's to the opposite side. Find a nice spot along side the trail and rain down the shit storm
LOL like last sunday...

Steve couldn't see the enemy... so I got him to hold down the trigger and I was calling "LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, STOP!" until he was on target while he was shooting the 249
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:43   #8
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:55   #9
Schwag

Don't have one style. Gotta adapt to win. But I often choose the most agressive plan of attack.
I'm fast as hell so I like to sprint.
If I can get really far upfield on the whistle, the other team usually thinks they're safe without knowing I'm already inside their zone. Makes for great ambushes.

I love just going berserk on groups of docile campers. Squad movement makes it easy for me to get you. Especially if they're distracted by other opponents.

I also like doing the stealth thing. I keep my kit slim and light. Nothing on the legs.I am thin and very flexible so I can hide in tiny spaces and get into places others can't. I don't need camo. I wear solid black and bare arms and I'm still invisible. And I (like most T.W.A.T.s) will go through stuff others won't even consider to gain an advantage.
The times I rock the hardest are when I get my blood pumping and I just start running on instinct. Then you're fucked.

(Former)Grand Poobah of T.W.A.T.
Schwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:01   #10
Donster

i like to operate as a lone wolf. officially, i play the DM role and by that, i am supposed to extend the range of the squad. unofficially, i break away from the pack and hunt the opposing team. traditionally, i do a wide flank and try to come out BEHIND the opposing team. it has worked beautifully in the past, though the last few games it didn't cause the host now knows my style of play. I only use Semi-auto with my M14. I only kept the auto feature cause you never know. i will probably move to BA sniping as time goes on and i improve my stalking and airsoft shooting skills. i am in no rush atm. besides i use a BA whenever i play WWII. I think in 2 years minimum, id move to BA sniping.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:03   #11
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I like to do it "by the book" with my team, using well practiced military drills. When coordination begin to fail, due to being paired with non team members or taking too many casualys, I like to rely on buddy team work. Panzer and me make the best buddy team IMO. Together, we know what the other will do and we are just fluid and effective. Putting constant fire on the ennemy while we manuver to get close/away. Just the two of us can effectively fix and destoy a larger force of uncoordinated players. (Hey... it was said that bragging was allowed here... and it's true!)

When sniping, I have more success alone, or paired with other effective sniper. Jixton and I make a good sniper team. He is very quiet and observant in the wood. He is a natural hunter (and a real hunter too). I don't have to tell him where to hide and how to find a good spot, he knows and we just wrap up the kills together.

If I'm sniping along, I'm the cautious guy. I take my time and I won't hesitate to crawl several meters using only my nails to move. I like to observe and kill my target when my shot won't be traced back.

So my way is: If it's not done with team work and tactics, it's just like playing paintball with better guns.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne

Last edited by FOX_111; September 8th, 2009 at 12:06..
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:05   #12
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Myself and Brit ter work off one another. Hell we dont even have to use words half the time. He stops and I auto-flank or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:28   #13
Roughneck
used to be Spencer aka Sue

Tried the DM thing, but got tired with it. Bought a SAW and rocked it pretty well all last year. I got myself in better shape and dont have to sit back and support anymore, I like to run up and assault so I've switched to a lighter M4 and an M203.. gonna try that out for a while. I seem to be leading squads more and more these days so it's nice to lead the charge with them instead of hanging back for covering fire.

Please save for me, some gallantry
That will echo when I'm gone
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:46   #14
Mitchell12
vision impaired

I like to work with one other person the most. Any of my teammates and a few other locals are good to be with, Move-cover-move-cover-move-cover repeat. Only thing is I've got to learn when not to shoot. I end up getting myself pinned too much by revealing my self.
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 13:26   #15
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Two words could describe how I typically play.

Exploitative. Unconventional.

I'm just one guy, not terribly good at hitting targets, but quite wonderful at not getting shot. I'll take up a large part of the enemy resources and attention, allowing my team to advance rather easily. In divide and conquer, I am the divider. I think my crowning achievement in this case was at the old Mirkwood field in Windsor. I managed to stave off Fuzzhead, Trufret and Matt by dropping my gear and running in idiotic circles screaming "LEEEEROOOOOY JENKINS." Effectively, that occupied 60% of the opponents' fire.

On the other hand...my biggest strength is often becoming utterly invisible when I need to be. At Lot152 in Windsor, I managed to crawl about 400m through rather impassable terrain, carrying my FAMAS G2 and one spare mag. I made it past six enemies without them seeing me (didn't want to kill, I was going for another objective.) I didn't quite make it, but I took two down before they got me. Another example is the ambush scenario we play at the SIR field in Victoria. I hid 2m off the path and wasn't seen. (After 2 years on the bench, that was a good giggle for me.)

These days I have been moving steadily towards a style of play that focuses on volume of fire. Sort of a demolition role. When I saw the new AI 'nades coming out, I became a bucket of giggle. I'm using far heavier weapons now, lots of shells for my M203, lots of tornados, adding claymores to this list. It's atypical for me to carry so much gear, but I wanted to try something new. So if it goes POW, I wants it.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General