HFC M190 Now its Safety problem - Mag Problem = Solved

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 2nd, 2010, 23:39   #1
Mart83
Loves Justin Bieber

HFC M190 Now its Safety problem - Mag Problem = Solved

Hello!

So, I've put my hand on a HFC M190 for cheap (was meant as a fixer) just so I can learn GBB mechanical a bit.

I've come to fix one of the few problem it had: Cocking and shooting was absolutely doing nothing. I disassembled and reassembled the whole pistol founding there was a little missplaced spring resulting in doing an unproper job with the "pin" (what's the name of this part?) that hits the magazine valve. So I've come to a new step; the pin now hits the valve.

>>SOLVED<< Well, long story short when it hits the valve all the gas simply release like a big "ppphhhssssss..." on both magazine. And I've done my test without the slide on.

Anyway, please explain me >>SOLVED<< for that prolem
Thank

Sent from my Cyrix 486DX2-50 using mIRC 2.1a using 14.4K USRobotic dial-up modem.

Last edited by Mart83; August 3rd, 2010 at 17:23..
Mart83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 23:46   #2
juicy

Pin = valve knocker.

The valve knocker spring is probably installed incorrectly. I don't have any photos to show it, nor can I remember exactly how it should be installed. Try out different ways of installing the spring - it'll eventually work.

Edit: That's the first thing that comes to mind, at least. I've got a HFC M190 in pieces right now, I'll put it back together and take some pictures when I get around to it.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 00:46   #3
Mart83
Loves Justin Bieber

Yeah I've done that. There was a position where the valve knocker was "stiff" and now it's a little more loose, just like the one on my WE 1911.

From what I can see, once that knocker has hit the valve, the valve goes back half way to its position. This is where my understanding stops to resolve the problem.

Also, I thought it was because the pistol (without the slide) was on Full Auto mode (It has Semi or Full. Well, you know that anyway...), but alas no.

Sent from my Cyrix 486DX2-50 using mIRC 2.1a using 14.4K USRobotic dial-up modem.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:11   #4
juicy

Oh gosh, you've got a select fire one? Select fire/full auto pistols are the bane of my existence, lol.

I still stand firm by the valve knocker spring being installed funky... but then again, I've never really taken apart/done work on a select fire M9 before.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:24   #5
Conker

AFAIK the select fire M190 has the same frame and "lower mechanism", it's only 1 part of the fire selector (safety switch), in the slide, that makes the difference between both models.

I could be wrong, but that's what I've been told.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:22   #6
blade_x23

If you're test firing without the slide on, it's going to release all the gas because the blowback of the slide resets the valve knocker. With the slide off, the valve knocker isn't able to reset, so it releases all the gas.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 07:54   #7
Mart83
Loves Justin Bieber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_x23 View Post
If you're test firing without the slide on, it's going to release all the gas because the blowback of the slide resets the valve knocker. With the slide off, the valve knocker isn't able to reset, so it releases all the gas.
Oooohhhhh... for god sake, now I feel totally dump lol. Honestly, the whole slide is in piece and I felt lazy yesterday night to reassemble it so I can test with the slide on. Pretty hard to simulate the reset action without it ah! ah! ah!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy
Oh gosh, you've got a select fire one? Select fire/full auto pistols are the bane of my existence, lol.
Yes I do. Just like condor said, there a small piece (with a tiny little spring inside) that has 3 possible position FA, SA and Safe (duh!).
Actually, that's my second problem to resolve; There's a small triangular part broken in the select-fire mechanism. The pistol, while shooting in Semi-Auto mode, is sometime shooting 2-3 BBs in a row just like if Auto mode enables itself out of the slide movement. Lucky me, that small broken piece was still moving free somewhere in the pistol.

Well, I'll give you news but I'm pretty sure Blade pointed my simple problem.

EDIT: SOLVED. Now I can shoot BBs with it! Thank.

Last edited by Mart83; August 3rd, 2010 at 11:40..
Old August 3rd, 2010, 13:23   #8
juicy

Ahhh.... yeah, Blade... good point.

AFAIK, the triangular part is what the fire selector/safety manipulates. If it's broken.... no working safety. I think. Something like that.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 15:11   #9
Mart83
Loves Justin Bieber

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Ahhh.... yeah, Blade... good point.

AFAIK, the triangular part is what the fire selector/safety manipulates. If it's broken.... no working safety. I think. Something like that.
Yeah this is what I am trying to figure. I may have to glue the part but it will remains very fragile. The only store I know that sells it is EVIKE. It has the name of "Full Auto Part". I wonder if I cannot disable the Auto side by fully gluing that piece with its spring.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 15:19   #10
Conker

I tried to get it from Evike... I received a f*** empty package. Paypal ruled in my favor, but wouldn't refund me.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 15:53   #11
blade_x23

As far as I can remember, the M190 can function without the full auto part in the gun. All that part does is make it so that the valve knocker and trigger disconnect temporary disable so you can hold down the trigger and have full auto.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 16:38   #12
Mart83
Loves Justin Bieber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_x23 View Post
As far as I can remember, the M190 can function without the full auto part in the gun. All that part does is make it so that the valve knocker and trigger disconnect temporary disable so you can hold down the trigger and have full auto.
Ok I've read that and was about to remove it for test firing, but I cannot figure what part in the slide does make the pistol on Safety mode. I printed the parts diagram and cannot find what part is missing, if so, that makes it.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 16:41   #13
juicy

The triangle part is attached to your safety lever (on the semi-auto version.. I'm not entirely sure how this would work on the full-auto version... refer to Blade's post about the select fire stuff). When the lever is on safe, it pushes the trigger bar in a manner that it cannot engage the sear. When the lever is on fire, the trigger bar can catch on the sear and the gun can shoot.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 16:42   #14
Mart83
Loves Justin Bieber

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
The triangle part is attached to your safety lever (on the semi-auto version.. I'm not entirely sure how this would work on the full-auto version). When the lever is on safe, it pushes the trigger bar in a manner that it cannot engage the sear. When the lever is on fire, the trigger bar can catch on the sear and the gun can shoot... on semi. Is full auto between semi and safe? Or does it go safe-semi-full/etc?
Full Auto is indeed between Semi-Auto and Safety. I do not see how that triangle part can push on the Trigger Bar. It seems too short (see on 4th picture).

That's the "Full Auto Part" currently disassembled. The right triangle part is what is broken, which is a common problem on those model from what i've read. The middle part looking like an arrow is guided by a little spring into the bigger part;

Like that;

And this is what we can see of the whole part once in the slide in Safety mode (the arrow point). Doesn't it look too short to stop the Trigger Bar from engaging the Sear? And yes I know, the Safety Selector is missing.

BLADE: So If I remove that part, how am I supposed to have Safety then? :S I think I need to see a working one to compare...

Last edited by Mart83; August 3rd, 2010 at 17:27..
Old August 3rd, 2010, 16:44   #15
juicy

Ah... yeah, what Blade said then. Sorry, I was editting my post since I read Blades post after posting, lol.

And I think I didn't help much at all. Sorry about just cluttering up your thread!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner