Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 27th, 2011, 20:15   #1186
RJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT View Post
I got an issue that I can figure out. I did some changing around of some grips on my Hi-Capa and now it is acting funny. For some reason it shoots very weak on the first few shots and then it will all of the sudden start shooting normal for the rest of the magazine. It will cycle the slide but very weak then all of the sudden after a few shots it starts shooting normal again.

Any help would be great.

THANKS!!!
Guess no one knows? Or at least no one is willing to help out???

Last edited by RJT; July 27th, 2011 at 20:24..
RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 22:42   #1187
raiderZY

Quote:
Did it just start all the sudden or did you do something to it or change something?

Have you cleaned and oiled the gun latley? You might start their if things are getting a bit sticky.
it started suddenly and i think its getting worse because it use to switch between going long and short. now it going short more recently.
raiderZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 22:55   #1188
RJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderZY View Post
it started suddenly and i think its getting worse because it use to switch between going long and short. now it going short more recently.
Is the short shot a weaker recoil also?
Old July 27th, 2011, 23:20   #1189
raiderZY

Quote:
Is the short shot a weaker recoil also?
no i don't feel a difference in recoil.
Old July 28th, 2011, 00:00   #1190
RJT

Check the hopup and make sure its not torn, dirty, etc.
Old July 28th, 2011, 00:35   #1191
raiderZY

checked the hop up already.
Old July 28th, 2011, 15:11   #1192
raiderZY

Quote:
Guess no one knows? Or at least no one is willing to help out???
Which grip did you change it to?
Old July 28th, 2011, 21:19   #1193
RJT

Quote:
Which grip did you change it to?
Thanks for the response. At present I am scraping this pistol for parts and buying another one. I am going to try and salvage something out of this one but I am done dealing with this thing as a primary IPSC pistol. If I can salvage it to make a complete pistol it will be used to let people borrow if they dont have a pistol to try out IPSC shooting.

I did discover that the blowback housing had a crack in it. Would that cause any issues?
Old July 28th, 2011, 22:26   #1194
raiderZY

Quote:
Thanks for the response. At present I am scraping this pistol for parts and buying another one. I am going to try and salvage something out of this one but I am done dealing with this thing as a primary IPSC pistol. If I can salvage it to make a complete pistol it will be used to let people borrow if they dont have a pistol to try out IPSC shooting.

I did discover that the blowback housing had a crack in it. Would that cause any issues?
yes that may be the cause of the problem because a crack will cause a leak of gas. you can get an original bbu at ebay or buy nine ball ones.
Old July 28th, 2011, 22:33   #1195
RJT

Quote:
yes that may be the cause of the problem because a crack will cause a leak of gas. you can get an original bbu at ebay or buy nine ball ones.
Keep in mind it is just the metal housing itself that is cracked....
Old August 3rd, 2011, 00:30   #1196
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
I got an issue that I can figure out. I did some changing around of some grips on my Hi-Capa and now it is acting funny. For some reason it shoots very weak on the first few shots and then it will all of the sudden start shooting normal for the rest of the magazine. It will cycle the slide but very weak then all of the sudden after a few shots it starts shooting normal again.

Any help would be great.

THANKS!!!
What you're describing is very hard to diagnose without seeing it in person. Any number of things can cause it, from weak hammer springs, to sticky valves, to a valve knocker that's too long, to a separation between your grip and receiver.

It might help if you list out all of the parts in your gun.

Quote:

That depends on where the crack was, and the severity. In general, there shouldn't be any major problem, unless it's somehow causing the nozzle or piston head to sit crooked.

Quote:
Need some help with the range of the hi capa. Sometimes the bbs goes short and sometimes it goes normally.
After a shot, if you tilt the muzzle down, does the BB roll out before pulling the trigger?
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:28   #1197
raiderZY

no the bbs doesn't roll. I just found out what wrong by going through 80 page on "FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants: Upgrades & Modifications". It turn out that something wrong with the floating valve and the floating valve blocker. i just ordered some shooter design ones.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 15:32   #1198
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
no the bbs doesn't roll. I just found out what wrong by going through 80 page on "FAQ for Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa, 2011, 1911, MEU & Detonics type variants: Upgrades & Modifications". It turn out that something wrong with the floating valve and the floating valve blocker. i just ordered some shooter design ones.
LOL don't use the Shooters Design ones... you'll encounter problems with those as well, especially if you use propane / green gas.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 22:36   #1199
raiderZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
LOL don't use the Shooters Design ones... you'll encounter problems with those as well, especially if you use propane / green gas.
Which one should i use then??? Shooter design i think is the only company that makes valve blockers besides guarder. they several choice for the floating valve, such as king arms, firefly, action, and element.

Recently, i have taken an interest in 1911, but which one is better the marui 1911a1 or M.E.U? Is their any performance, accuracy, weight, etc difference between the 1911a1 and meu?
Old August 3rd, 2011, 23:10   #1200
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Which one should i use then??? Shooter design i think is the only company that makes valve blockers besides guarder. they several choice for the floating valve, such as king arms, firefly, action, and element.

Recently, i have taken an interest in 1911, but which one is better the marui 1911a1 or M.E.U? Is their any performance, accuracy, weight, etc difference between the 1911a1 and meu?
As far as I know, Action and Guarder are the only other manufacturers of valve blockers out there.
The Shooters Design one is actually fine (the one that comes with the POM cylinder kit), but the floating valve that comes with that kit is garbage.

As for single stack series... it comes down to which one you like the look of more. They are both roughly same weight and exactly same performance.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications