:

Gear Discussion

Old August 21st, 2011, 13:53   #31
Sgt. Cooper

u can also us shaving cream, works like a charm
Sgt. Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 14:24   #32
RosettaStoned

Picked up some Revision reusable anti-fog cloths from Airsoftgi last week. Got good reviews, haven't personally tried it yet. I fucking hate fog.
RosettaStoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 16:51   #33
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosettaStoned View Post
Picked up some Revision reusable anti-fog cloths from Airsoftgi last week. Got good reviews, haven't personally tried it yet. I fucking hate fog.
Doesnt work for me at all... Still fog like crazy.
Very mild one won't but hot mositure, will blurr like crazy
Old August 21st, 2011, 16:56   #34
Amos

Yea, I noticed the revision stuff is more of an oil than an alcohol
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 18:16   #35
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I used fogtech this weekend at hotbox... when it gets really bad though, the water just starts to condensate on the lens... problem I had is the fogtech didn't wipe on smoothly, it streaked so the water pooled and created lensing effects and distortion.

My next step is to add a fan. I want to keep the foam there because it generally keeps dust and crap out of the goggles, and getting shit in your eyes sucks... especially when you're wearing everything from facemask to glasses and then goggles.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 19:51   #36
The Tradesman
Diesel7 blame Reignman

Oakley hockey visor anti-fog spray from canadian tire. They have bauer too but its half the price. You get what you pay for and the oakley is only 9.99$. Ive used it at Hotbox and a local game and my glasses were perfect the entire time. Give it a try, its only ten bucks.

Coming in second just means that you are the first loser.
The Tradesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 22:30   #37
Brayden
¡¡¡ɹǝʞɐǝɹq oqɯoɔ-ɔ-ɔ-ɔ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
I used fogtech this weekend at hotbox... when it gets really bad though, the water just starts to condensate on the lens... problem I had is the fogtech didn't wipe on smoothly, it streaked so the water pooled and created lensing effects and distortion.

My next step is to add a fan. I want to keep the foam there because it generally keeps dust and crap out of the goggles, and getting shit in your eyes sucks... especially when you're wearing everything from facemask to glasses and then goggles.
The fogtech wipe turned into a gel on my lenses because of how hot my face was. Still hasn't completely come off and the lenses are scraped from trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_valo View Post
Oakley hockey visor anti-fog spray from canadian tire. They have bauer too but its half the price. You get what you pay for and the oakley is only 9.99$. Ive used it at Hotbox and a local game and my glasses were perfect the entire time. Give it a try, its only ten bucks.
Much better than fogtech, probably the best i've used to far for preventing fog however the water doesn't bead up so much as drip.

the catshit stuff or whatever it is worked well for me not so much for stopping fog but for beading the fog. visibility ws half decent then.

I have a very hot face :P
Old August 23rd, 2011, 23:02   #38
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Revision fog wipes don't work well....s*** was looking to try some of those instead. Have still had the fogtech fog up completely then applied the second time and all it did was streak. Well guess I'll have to wait for the fogtech DX stuff and hope its better.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 01:23   #39
kullwarrior

For the record, the new ESS wipe works....slightly better than the Revision, However, I really think it boil down to the shape of the goggle.

The way I try how good anti-fog or goggle are is simply use it when I work out and see how bad it can fog up (I have station at home so no body will ask me why am I wearing a Helmet and goggles xD)

For the record stuff I've tried....
ESS Striker/Profile/Turbofan serious fog like crazy no matter what, I done the foam mod, use the fan on high etc.
on the other hand... ESS Advancer V12, doesn't fog, but have very minimal blur. When I took if off, the lens was pretty much soaked with sweat, it just shows it works effectively.
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:35   #40
TechSeller

Just a reminder regarding Fogtech... do not unfold the wipe and the inside of the lens must be completely dry and clean before applying. The DX formula will be more forgiving with some moisture/dirt being present.

-Frank

North Trail Sports - Mora, Motorola, Puxing, Fogtech & More! / Our ASC Retail Thread
TechSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 16:16   #41
The Tradesman
Diesel7 blame Reignman

Im telling you guys, try the oakley visor spray from crappy tire. Works wonders and its only 10$, also you can have it in your hand that day. Oakley is top of the line and hockey players sweat WAY more than we do playing airsoft, for 10$ you cant go wrong.

Coming in second just means that you are the first loser.
The Tradesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 18:15   #42
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett-18 View Post
That's kinda along the lines of my question what is the best brand? As i have used one before for a hockey visor and it made no difference.
reason the hockey stuff did not work is because its made for cold environments
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 18:51   #43
Freeze

Try rubbing some spit on to it. If it works for swimming it should work for this....

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 20:11   #44
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
Try rubbing some spit on to it. If it works for swimming it should work for this....
In swimming, it works...for max 10 minutes. I don't know how you swim, but I sweat a lot when I swim.

I got C-Clear today, these are much better than Revision and ESS No Fog Cloth in my quick testing.
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:02   #45
gunscythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSeller View Post
Just a reminder regarding Fogtech... do not unfold the wipe and the inside of the lens must be completely dry and clean before applying. The DX formula will be more forgiving with some moisture/dirt being present.

-Frank
Exactly. I bring free "windex" and "bounty (paper cloths)" to the field, and tell people:

- windex and clean both sides of your mask.
- Fogtech the inside of your mask
- After it's applied, don't touch.

That works for all thermal masks all the time, and for single layer masks for a shorter period.

I still don't know the difference between fogtech and fogtech dx as they both work for us here. We've even tried left and right lenses, and both are similar.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion