Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Inquiry: Small-sized Gear

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 15th, 2010, 15:35   #16
DarkDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupo View Post
Although the TT Mav is adjustable to a fairly small size I dont think its going to fit your frame properly. It has 18 pals channels , with the buckle it will be sinched all the way down its still around 30".
The mini mav would be a better choice as it still gives you 8 channels (4 double mag pouches) and around half the size of a regular mav.
TT's plate carrier adjusted down all the way should be around 22" around , height may be a bigger issue with plate carriers.
Some other options would be some of the mayflower hybrid chestrigs.
Clothing wise , looks like your in the xss (extra small short) category of sizing. Check out some of your local surplus or tac gear stores to see if they have any. If not you could order from some of the tac gear places across canada.
I have yet to find a XSS. In fact, so far the smallest I've found in woodland is S which is huge. And those measurements would still be too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet View Post
I haven't had the chance to fully look through this, but it seems that you've had the same problems :P. Damn us Leprechauns. We don't even have GOLD D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Lol..... There's a saying. There's only 2 sizes in the military too big or too small. In your case I'd try finding something that the military has thats in the "too small" category.

Also why does it have to be plated? Are you planning on putting real plates in there? I've carried a vest with real plates in it and I'll tell you it's not that cool to carry for even 20 feet so I assume it wouldn't be cool to carry it for a few hours. But it's probably a good workout though. Or are you planning on putting "foam plates" into it?

Also +1 for asian sizing and I'm actually surprised you haven't found a place that offers free shipping. I mean at $60 USD for a set of BDU's from China that seems pretty reasonable for me considering shipping, and it also being new (quality on the other hand is a bit meh....).

I'll vouch for AirsoftPark being an awesome place to get stuff (service and support wise, quality wise it's standard china clone stuff (in this case "Singapore clone" stuff)): http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_i...oducts_id=1876 Obviously from the provided measurements waist size will be a problem (32") but hopefully if you're a 29" waist or so then it's probably fine. In fact when I was "in between" waist sizes when I was younger (I was 29.5" at the time IIRC) I had to buy 32" jeans and just wear a belt.

As for the velcro patch, if you're skilled in sewing at all (or know someone that is) then it's just a matter of getting a nametape locally with the velcro backing. Although you may want to use a "size 16" needle (or possibly a "leather needle") if you're planning on doing this on a vest depending on the material of the vest.

PS: If you're scared of getting hit (which it seems why you want plates and to be as covered as possible) then don't. The BB will lose a lot of velocity from initially hitting the fabric of your BDU's and as such doesn't actually hurt that much. Uncovered areas on the other hand (ie. if you're wearing just a t-shirt or tight fitting polypropylene shirt) will hurt more.
I'm not particularly scared of being hit, but being so thin, being shot at 300 even in the arms I welt like someone beat me up. My waist is sitting somewhere between 28-30" and I can sew :P I only mentioned plating as being preferred, not necessary. If I can't fit it, I can't fit it. So be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakes View Post
IF you have trouble finding a vest that you like and that will fit, another option is to purchase a PACA Lowvis and a vest instead of a plate carrier...

It will be much lighter on your shoulders, and paca's are made to quite small sizes and will go under your vest offsetting a too largely sized vest while giving you some comfort from hits still!
I'm not too sure how that combination would work out. =\ I'll look into it a bit more, in the meantime, know anyone who has had the experience with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.G View Post
I hate to say it but your last resort may just be to rely on wallyworld wanna be woodland printed products to fit you properly. I'm 5'7 and wear smalls (US/Canadian) - Try a few surpluss stores, or try kid sections. Another female on our teams (colin_s wife, maggie) is super teeny tiny, I think thats where she ended up finding her bdu's at. Otherwise get smalls, roll or tuck the cuffs, wear a belt or have them altered. It's pretty easy to take the seams in on jackets, I did that to my multicam set - good luck!
Currently I am relying on terrible wannabe printed stuff. My boyfriend (IceTray) has mediums I believe, and the rolled cuffs come to my wrists. So you can imagine how big even a small would be. =\

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...4_536947_n.jpg and http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs968.snc4/76114_10150334935845585_705010584_15913624_6863796 _n.jpg<- are pics of my frame (No crude jokes please, unfortunately these are the pictures that shows it best ><) that IceTray took last week. That sweater is a bit baggy around my stomach, and the pants are baggy around the ankle.

Also, anyone know about decent womens boots in a size like.. 6? 6.5? Haha.
DarkDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 16:11   #17
DarkDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
Keep in mind that plate carriers and plates cause an issue which is much more painful then getting hit with a BB:
Chafe
Its a major problem. I wear soft armor with work and even that does damage on the chest area, the women I work with report it as being worse for them. I started using a compression shirt and that helped significantly. Plates are worse then soft armor.

A soft armor carrier with foam inserts and then some sort of Molle rig over that would probably work well. Add a little bulk and protection.

-Grant
I was looking at a soft carrier over a metal one. :P The foam was enough protection for me. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
A PACA could be an idea, but you'd need to get the smaller "real" PACA and cut now fake soft armor from a foam mattress... I'm about 5'5'' and my repro PACA (I believe it would be a M) is pretty much the smaller I could make it. I'm ok with it, but anyone shorter than me wouldn't be comfortable with it.

Wearing a PACA with one of the micro rigs on the market could probably do it.
I am shorter than you though, you know what the small PACA would be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarosh View Post
i would say a small chest rig mabey or a battle belt/suspenders.
That was my initial search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_p120 View Post
A shameless plug, but I do have a size small replica CIRAS for sale in the classifieds/
What's the torso width in it? Anything bigger than like 34" in the chest is too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
I am 5'5 and am skinny I suggest you go with a Condor Chest Panel (http://www.surpluspontrouge.com/en/h...t-panel/black/) if you are looking at a chest rig.

I myself am looking at getting one as my current vest is getting quite heavy to carry around and I want something light and more maneuverable.

My current vest is a Condor Compact Plate Carrier which had to be modded alittle in order to fit my skinny stature Even then though it is a pain to carry around.

I did however use this following vest (http://albertaairsoft.com/store/prod...id_product=568) for my first game and with alittle adjustment to the vest it fit like a charm. If you want a vest over a chest rig I suggest this. This vest I used was actually a friend's of mine who let his GF use. She is pretty much the same build as you, maybe smaller, so I know forsure it will fit you with the propper adjustments.

Might I suggest you get in contact with the user Barbie. She is probably a wiz when it comes to tac gear for women, and could recommend the best option to you.
I will definitely see if I can get a hold of her, and which did you prefer? (Could you describe your pros and cons of each, or is that asking too much? XD)
Old November 15th, 2010, 17:05   #18
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDream View Post

What's the torso width in it? Anything bigger than like 34" in the chest is too big.
It has 6 channels of webbing across the front chest, so 9" across the front. About 7 channels across the back so about 10.5". The width is also adjustable. For some pics check out my thread, it is the first vest, the black one. http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=95442

Opportunistic yes, but it might be what you're looking for. PM me anytime!

btw, people keep mentioning 'PACA'. This vest is cut to roughly the same dimensions as these PACAs, they are both designed to hold the same style of armour (BALCS) in the real world.

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings

Last edited by rc_p120; November 15th, 2010 at 17:57..
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 17:39   #19
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.G View Post
I hate to say it but your last resort may just be to rely on wallyworld wanna be woodland printed products to fit you properly. I'm 5'7 and wear smalls (US/Canadian) - Try a few surpluss stores, or try kid sections. Another female on our teams (colin_s wife, maggie) is super teeny tiny, I think thats where she ended up finding her bdu's at. Otherwise get smalls, roll or tuck the cuffs, wear a belt or have them altered. It's pretty easy to take the seams in on jackets, I did that to my multicam set - good luck!
Maggie will be happy to hear that C.G. DarkDream my wife is a bit taller than you at 5'6" and she weighs in at 110 lbs, a boys large Woodland BDU (found at a surplus store) fit her perfectly and she also has a set of small Daves Surplus Multicam (custom build but same as North American sizes) and that's a bit big on her. She has to tuck in the pants into her boots and roll up the sleeves but chest and waist size was good.

I couldn't find any vests that fit her comfortably and eventually we gave up and decided to run a belt/drop leg loadout. As suggested earlier a small PACA which is adjustable should fit you but it's just body armour, no pouches for stuff (I carried all her stuff before lol). She wore something similar so it didn't "hurt" as much.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45

Last edited by Colin_S; November 15th, 2010 at 17:41..
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 18:24   #20
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:

I will definitely see if I can get a hold of her, and which did you prefer? (Could you describe your pros and cons of each, or is that asking too much? XD)
Ha sorry, kind of forgot about the conclusion, um I'd go for a Condor Chest Panel if you want a chest rig. If you want a vest go for the Condor Modular Chest Set

Condor Chest Panel (http://www.surpluspontrouge.com/en/h...t-panel/black/)

Condor Modular Chest Set (http://albertaairsoft.com/store/prod...id_product=568)
Old November 15th, 2010, 19:04   #21
grantmac

Quote:
I was looking at a soft carrier over a metal one. :P The foam was enough protection for me. :P
Soft refers to having Kevlar fabric ballistic protection, hard means ceramic plates.
Different carriers carry different kinds of protection. Both can be used with soft armor (or fakes of such, like foam), but the soft carriers usually cannot carry a plate in the real world.

Unfortunately welts are the name of the game. Women usually bruise-up worse then men because of how little fat they carry just under the skin, not really possible to avoid.
Fortunately baggy clothes take almost all of the energy out of a BB before it makes contact.

In terms of carrying mags and such, generally vests have the least adjustment built into them while chest-rigs have the most. Putting either one over a soft armor carrier would probably work as it does for several of my co-workers.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 23:14   #22
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Hello DarkDream,
I have ACU, and Woodland in XShort /XSmall, I also carry a butt load of Condor. Also have boots, Fleece and a whack load of other cool shit that fit, almost fit and are jut too damn small. If you have a wish list send it to me and I'll let you know a) what I have in stock and b) what I can get for you in short time c) whats a few weeks out ( Like what he's getting you for x-mas) and d) how much it all costs.
If you like I can ship you some stuff or if you want to do the drive up I can have a bunch of goodies waiting for you.
www.armyissue.com

really guys, you know I support these boards, eh, little help. Alberta sheesh!

yes 4 Gurls and on the extreme left an 8 year old, I'll dress you up no problem.

Last edited by Armyissue; November 15th, 2010 at 23:29..
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:24   #23
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I think I bought a ranger blanket, kfs and some mre stuff from one of those girls a week before Deadfall 2010, I always leave that place broke and wishing I was rich
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:01   #24
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post

Sorry Ya I would definitely suggest you and your male companion go see the Dude That Sells Pants. It might be a long drive BUT, most likely you will be able to tryout almost everything that was suggested by everyone if you visited Army Issue.

Wanna be trendy and wear all those cool hip camos? Screw Old Navy, Screw Bluenotes, Checkout Army Issue! They sell the real shit!
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:34   #25
Disco_Dante

Quote:

yes 4 Gurls and on the extreme left an 8 year old, I'll dress you up no problem.
Hah! Right out side my grandparent's building!

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:30   #26
DarkDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Ha sorry, kind of forgot about the conclusion, um I'd go for a Condor Chest Panel if you want a chest rig. If you want a vest go for the Condor Modular Chest Set

Condor Chest Panel (http://www.surpluspontrouge.com/en/h...t-panel/black/)

Condor Modular Chest Set (http://albertaairsoft.com/store/prod...id_product=568)
Both of these don't seem to cover as much as I can currently manage or the vest I linked. Boob-welting is not on my list of things to do. xD

Quote:
Hello DarkDream,
I have ACU, and Woodland in XShort /XSmall, I also carry a butt load of Condor. Also have boots, Fleece and a whack load of other cool shit that fit, almost fit and are jut too damn small. If you have a wish list send it to me and I'll let you know a) what I have in stock and b) what I can get for you in short time c) whats a few weeks out ( Like what he's getting you for x-mas) and d) how much it all costs.
If you like I can ship you some stuff or if you want to do the drive up I can have a bunch of goodies waiting for you.
www.armyissue.com

Sounds extraordinary, and the drive wouldn't be that bad, but if you could let me know the sizes (I'll toss you a PM when I look into it a bit more), then I could probably just order it out.

I'm also talking like female size 6 (its a bitch to find PERIOD) in boots. If you've got it, you've more than likely got a sale.
Old November 16th, 2010, 18:53   #27
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

Female size 6 boots - Original Swat makes them that size and smaller, and they're great boots!
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 18:52   #28
w1lp33

Quote:
Female size 6 boots - Original Swat makes them that size and smaller, and they're great boots!
+1 to this.

I have two pairs of Original Swat's, and my wife has a pair. We absolutely swear by them.

(Oops, found this thread on search, didn't mean to resurrect a dead thread, my bad...)

Last edited by w1lp33; August 5th, 2011 at 19:59..
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 21:37   #29
DarkDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1lp33 View Post
+1 to this.

I have two pairs of Original Swat's, and my wife has a pair. We absolutely swear by them.

(Oops, found this thread on search, didn't mean to resurrect a dead thread, my bad...)
I'm cool with that actually, I'm looking at a men's 4 though, anyone got a link?

I'm anywhere between a 5.5 and a 6.5 ladies.
Old August 6th, 2011, 22:08   #30
bizkilter

+1 I've been trying to kill my SWATS all bloody year and so far, no dice "(

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion