Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC scar (mk16/17) Owners

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 7th, 2011, 20:29   #16
kyle milliken

Nice to hear you have trades on your scar I got one like 2 weeks ago and it didn't have trades. but oh well that's the way the cookie crumbles i'm happy i got a vfc.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
kyle milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 20:45   #17
wobblypop

yah i read the thread you created (regarding FN trades) and many others, before starting this one. i want to have a bit of a "go to thread" for new and old vfc scar owners, as info out there is sporadic at best. i heard vfc started with FN trades, then their own trades, then none (is that correct?). i wonder at what point they started using metal bushings and upgraded motors as per what THe_Silencer suggested in his earlier post.
Old December 7th, 2011, 22:32   #18
Danke

Where it was meant to ship to probably played into the trades also. US ones had no marks for some time. Other countries got the full deal.
Old December 7th, 2011, 22:39   #19
lanepratt
AV revoked.

The story i herd, was that G&G negotiated for the rights, but if u ask me their scars are complete shit there Tan ones are gold, so vfc could sell what they had then had to stop. but now they have full markings. IMO i do not like the FN logo on it i just like the serial numbers and what not
lanepratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 06:03   #20
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblypop View Post
i wonder at what point they started using metal bushings and upgraded motors as per what THe_Silencer suggested in his earlier post.
I don't think its possible to buy a new VFC AEG with plastic bushing anymore. All their mechboxes (also found in many Socom Gear branded Aegs) come with steel 8mm bushings. As for the motor type, your mileage will vary is really the best answer I can give you.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 14:33   #21
wobblypop

The plastic bushings were the only things i would want to replace internally, so good to know as i heard the gear box is tricky to work on. Now what accessories should i pop on this beast with out making it look like a swiss army knife...
This is of course the fun part.
Old December 8th, 2011, 14:50   #22
lanepratt
AV revoked.

regarding motors. from what i can gather from mach1 web site, the RED motor is a high speed, and the new silver ones showing up are Torque. As for the black ones i have seen in there m4 variants some are hit and miss I have worked on ones that are shit and some seem to be ok
Old December 8th, 2011, 15:02   #23
Danke

The gearbox is not hard to work on.

Removing it means you need to track down a tiny hex key. Putting it back in means you really have to selector switches but otherwise it's no real hassle.
Old December 8th, 2011, 15:30   #24
lanepratt
AV revoked.

you can buy that tiny allen key from a cheep but effective set from wal mart of all places its like 15 bucks yellow case says fuller on the front
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:24   #25
wobblypop

From what i have researched "upgrading" (as we now know VFC doesn't really need it), is a bit of a science. Rule of thumb is don't fix what isn't broke. However do to the nature of this thread is there any mods an experienced owner has had success with? Tight bores, motors, wiring, sorbo pads etc...
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:27   #26
THe_Silencer

The VFCs I've worked with needed minimal internal upgrades.Biggest issue for me was the metal piston head which I immediately replaced with a plastic one. Better to replace a piston head than a crack gearbox shell. Other than that, the stock compression parts gave me pretty much perfect airseal. This along with the 8mm steel bushings, self shimming gears, and ball bearing spring guide are of very high quality and don't need to be replaced. The other upgrade that I consider mandatory is a MOSFET, since I can't stand the thought of my trigger contacts arcing.

Other upgrades you may consider down the line is a motor if you stuck with a crap one, a high end tightbore barrel (VFCs come with decent 6.04mm tightbores so you should invest in a Prometheus inner if you really want to see an improvement), and a better hop up (SCARs use proprietary ones though)

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 19:06   #27
wobblypop

sounds like these vfc's are now lipo ready. Well maybe 7.4.
Old December 9th, 2011, 19:39   #28
lanepratt
AV revoked.

IMO vfc have always been lipo ready, i have only used lipos in all my stock vfc products. Other possible upgrades you might want to consider is a piston go to along with a piston head, also i have worked on a couple scar's that the nozzel in the cylinder head has broke off so might want to get a ARS mask cylinder head or the modify ones.
Old January 14th, 2012, 20:19   #29
silentownage001

i know this thread is a bit old but i had some questions on the new vfc scar l (the one with the new trades)

1. is the inner barrel 14.5inches (368mm)? it looks like it but id be annoyed if the outer barrel is for show. strangely enough, looking on airsoftgi (im american) they have 363mm inner barrels and 370mm but not 368mm. when they had the case you got both barrels but not anymore it seems.

2. how realistic are the trades compared to the civilian and military version? color wise i prefer the black since tan can be iffy on how it looks.

3. any upgrades internally? after reading the thread it seems now they have metal bushings instead of plastic ones

ive considered g&g but theres something i like about the vfc.
silentownage001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 21:03   #30
lanepratt
AV revoked.

If you want a Scar only way to go is VFC. I have a tan and a black. If you have a Scar L standard length a 363 fits perfectly. If you have a CQC then you want a 300mm barrel. Right out of the box i ran and still run a 11.1 15c lipo and the gun just sings, i love it. First thing to usual go on them though is the piston as its a all plastic polly carb. But no need to open it up till it breaks. Gears are strong, air seal is decent (but can always be improved) I have seen some shitty motors which are black, you want to see a Red one or a Silver one they are the better ones. Other then that only other thing i have seen on many of the scars is the small body screws on the upper receiver can come lose and fall out so keep your eye on them after every game.

As for the trades they are from what iv herd are the same as the real one (have not seen a new vfc scar yet with the new trades)
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion