Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 13th, 2011, 00:32   #616
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarosa View Post
Oh, you might want to check it out, my friends said the V1 definitely sounds louder than the V2 in a game, but I never notice it, in a room, V2 defo louder, not sure outdoor though. Sounds in KJW have always been a great factor for me owning it, maybe you also want to check it out. Are you getting the RAtech ones or the falcon ones for the rubber?
If it's quieter, I can justify having the silencer on it hahaha, although friends say it is quieter down range with it on.

Not sure for hop-up rubber, debating between the two. Probably ordering the EDGI from Cansoft on Monday. Any recommendations on which hop-up?
Old November 13th, 2011, 18:10   #617
audi_bhoy

I wasn't impressed by the RA-Tech blue rubber last summer, I might give it another try with the Top Down hop-up mod next summer though. Running a V1 bolt with the plastic broke on the back end and it still runs inside of 5 fps variations with stock hop up rubber, I'm impressed I have to say! Versus a customer's KJW I installed a NPAS that would give me awesome variations, even with the back plate shimmed to prevent it's bending I had 20 fps variations... Not to say that the NPAS would bend on the first 10 shots...
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 18:12   #618
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
I wasn't impressed by the RA-Tech blue rubber last summer, I might give it another try with the Top Down hop-up mod next summer though. Running a V1 bolt with the plastic broke on the back end and it still runs inside of 5 fps variations with stock hop up rubber, I'm impressed I have to say! Versus a customer's KJW I installed a NPAS that would give me awesome variations, even with the back plate shimmed to prevent it's bending I had 20 fps variations... Not to say that the NPAS would bend on the first 10 shots...
I'll stay with the stock one for now and see how the TBB handles, and then maybe go for the falcon one then. Fucking hated that NPAS, was the worst upgrade I've ever bought. Great idea, poor execution.
Old November 13th, 2011, 23:10   #619
audi_bhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwing View Post
I'll stay with the stock one for now and see how the TBB handles, and then maybe go for the falcon one then. Fucking hated that NPAS, was the worst upgrade I've ever bought. Great idea, poor execution.
The adjusting screw is definitely too weak for the pressure held by itself when firing... Forgot to mention I'm running a 6.01 barrel, carbine lenght.
Old November 17th, 2011, 14:59   #620
Hazer

How many washers? Cradle reducer for V2 bolt

Hi Guys - I don't have a chrono and I cringe at having to take it apart to fine tune FPS, but to make the gun usable at most fields around mid 300 (say 350) fps, how many washers should I use with the Cradle velocity reducer?

Thanks.
Hazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 15:52   #621
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazer View Post
Hi Guys - I don't have a chrono and I cringe at having to take it apart to fine tune FPS, but to make the gun usable at most fields around mid 300 (say 350) fps, how many washers should I use with the Cradle velocity reducer?

Thanks.
I'm using the thickest and the second thinnest, haven't chrono'd yet but I'm going to Friday night, I'll let you know.

I'm an idiot and left some of my mags empty before putting them away for a while, and the o-rings dried out on 4 of them. I managed to get 3 of them back working by refilling with highly oiled propane and flushing repeatedly, but one wouldn't.
I took the entire magazine apart, pryed the o-rings off, and put them in a 24 hour silicone bath. put them back in, tightened it up and it works fine
Old November 26th, 2011, 16:59   #622
manbearpig

Hello I've just purchased a KJW M4 CQB and I was simply wondering what stocks fit on this rifle with little or no modification. Also I’m thinking of getting a silencer although I have no clue on compatibility of flash hiders for airsoft guns. I’m from the UK but I hear in some countries (America) the silencers for airsoft contain no ring shaped baffles inside the tube to slow the air down (for legal reasons). Therefore they have no quieting affect. If I’m to buy a silencer I’d like to purchase one for aesthetic reasons but it would be nice to have a properly designed / functional silencer containing baffles. I’m pretty sure the silencer laws aren’t this strict in the UK since in the past I have bought many silencers for air rifles. Any help or info will be a big help!! Cheers.
manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 20:31   #623
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
Hello I've just purchased a KJW M4 CQB and I was simply wondering what stocks fit on this rifle with little or no modification. Also I’m thinking of getting a silencer although I have no clue on compatibility of flash hiders for airsoft guns. I’m from the UK but I hear in some countries (America) the silencers for airsoft contain no ring shaped baffles inside the tube to slow the air down (for legal reasons). Therefore they have no quieting affect. If I’m to buy a silencer I’d like to purchase one for aesthetic reasons but it would be nice to have a properly designed / functional silencer containing baffles. I’m pretty sure the silencer laws aren’t this strict in the UK since in the past I have bought many silencers for air rifles. Any help or info will be a big help!! Cheers.
Airsoft suppressors don't do much for sound reduction as most of the noise is coming from the action of the bolt, not the barrel. That being said, I have one on mine with foam in it, and it is quieter from the front of the rifle, but there is still a loud sound of the bolt action to the sides.
Old November 27th, 2011, 06:42   #624
delarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwing View Post
Airsoft suppressors don't do much for sound reduction as most of the noise is coming from the action of the bolt, not the barrel. That being said, I have one on mine with foam in it, and it is quieter from the front of the rifle, but there is still a loud sound of the bolt action to the sides.
Agree, silencers works best for bolt action spring rifles though. My bar10 is very quiet with a stuby silencer. But the sound in gbbr should not be reduced, even I want it to sound louder

For the stock, an AEG stock will go with little wobble(you can add single layer tape to make it stable or you can spray paint the insides of the stock so that the walls will be thicker. Accidentally done it when I paint my wobbly stock, and it works great.), and an RS stock is reportedly will fit with no problems.
delarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:30   #625
White_knight

hey everyone, thought id join this sweet party with some pics of my kj i picked up a few months ago.

here it is in a few different set ups

i bought the gun with:
-RS buffer tube and stock
-RS carry handle
-houge grip
-steel 2 piece barrel and front sight
-RS clamshell hand guards

i added the RS samson DI RIS, accessories and random magpul bits. i have a RAtech NPAS kit on order with a magpul trig guard and RA tech magic pin. also on the list of things to pick up for her is a EO552, rear mbus, peq15/green laser, and im debating on a magpul CRT stock and maid grip.

Let me know what you guys think.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 17:38   #626
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight View Post
hey everyone, thought id join this sweet party with some pics of my kj i picked up a few months ago.

i bought the gun with:
-RS buffer tube and stock
-RS carry handle
-houge grip
-steel 2 piece barrel and front sight
-RS clamshell hand guards

i added the RS samson DI RIS, accessories and random magpul bits. i have a RAtech NPAS kit on order with a magpul trig guard and RA tech magic pin. also on the list of things to pick up for her is a EO552, rear mbus, peq15/green laser, and im debating on a magpul CRT stock and maid grip.

Let me know what you guys think.
Looks awesome. How is the charging handle modified to fit?
Old November 29th, 2011, 18:06   #627
White_knight

the charging handle is stock i believe, but i do want to want to pick up one of these
a bcm charging handle.

so when i do ill let you know, but it doesn't look that difficult. looks like all thats needed is for the hole to lowered a bit.
(heres a RS one taken from turoks we m4 thread)

Old November 29th, 2011, 18:35   #628
Saberwing

Oh wow, I read carry handle as charging handle
Old November 29th, 2011, 18:44   #629
audi_bhoy

Quick shot at mine, taclight isn't on as I didn't bother to get it out of my bag The 2 WE's are wallhangers only, I don't plan on gaming those, they may be backup's though.

This workhorse has been my primary for over 20 games, and it failed on me only once that I couldn't finish the game (Lower plastic broke, and the buffer spring and bolt went free...) Otherwise, small jams or issues that I repaired on field, and under fire (That was actually a cool moment as I had to break it in 2 to reset the trigger that was stuck )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000145.jpg (100.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000146.jpg (105.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000147.jpg (111.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000148.jpg (120.7 KB, 9 views)
Old November 30th, 2011, 00:25   #630
White_knight

anyone have any experiance with these bolts?
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=8303
http://youtu.be/-p_SyD1yC6A

it looks identical to the the ones posted earlier in this thread, but i thought those KJw OEM whereas these are RAtech.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion