Sniper side arm

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 24th, 2007, 18:38   #1
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Sniper side arm

Hello all

I'm getting a CA M24 with some upgrades to play in Montreal, and i was wondering what side arm do you recommend?

Also on a side question, what camo should i use for Canada/Montreal games? I have seen people in desert camo but... never seen any deserts in Canada O_o

TY
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 18:46   #2
Nik12

Send a message via MSN to Nik12
I couldn't tell you from any real experience, but I've heard the TM MP7 makes for a good sniper's side arm.
Nik12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 18:49   #3
Lakonian
kos

Anything 1911, and Western Arms. Seriously the best quality you can find in GBBs. I'd even go as far as saying they're the Systema (ptw) of GBBs.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 18:58   #4
ancorp
AK Guru

AKM, hands down.
ancorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 18:59   #5
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Steyr TMP, but watch out because they break.

Or have someone go along with you and be your counter-sniper and look-out. I have Ken stay by my side and he saved my ass more than once. As for an actual physical side-arm, you might consider something like the Beretta M93R from Maruzen. It's gas, holds a good ammount of ammo and is semi and three-round burst capable. I highly recommend it.
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:07   #6
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Im speaking from my experience and what works for me. I initially started using the MP5K, small and compact yet provides great firepower when needed. I tend to stick with GBB for those games that I do alot of recce/stalking. For GBB, i use the WA Infinity and KJW Glock 23.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:10   #7
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
AKM, hands down.
Isn't that a little... y'know... big? Unless you're talking about this :

I don't really like Ewbank AKs. Arsenal, and ROB-Arms make much higher quality AKs, and for not much more cash.
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:18   #8
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic View Post
Im speaking from my experience and what works for me. I initially started using the MP5K, small and compact yet provides great firepower when needed. I tend to stick with GBB for those games that I do alot of recce/stalking. For GBB, i use the WA Infinity and KJW Glock 23.
The Vet knows what's best. Listen!

Eh, SniperChic, what infinity do you run? 4.3, 5.1, 6?
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:22   #9
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

I agree with Aqua on that one, best side arm is someone else walking right next to you with an auto, to spot, cover and in some cases depending how much you love them, leap into a spray BB's to protect them.

I agree with Aqua on his choice a Beretta M93R as well and if I may suggest another choice. A glock 18, its small light weight holds a decent amount of ammo and well, the most important function, full auto. Where in a second you can lay down a spray of BBs to cover your retreat. Either of these two should do that good.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:23   #10
philstructo

Well I have a APSII SV and I use a MP7 as a side arm and it has served me well except for those times that a guy walks up and mercies you ad all you can do is cry
philstructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:25   #11
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstructo View Post
Well I have a APSII SV and I use a MP7 as a side arm and it has served me well except for those times that a guy walks up and mercies you ad all you can do is cry
APSII ..mmmmmmmm

Are those MP7s holster friendly?
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:27   #12
philstructo

you can get a MP7 Drop leg holster from daves surplus and other good surplus stores and there cheap I just use a sling and put it behind me
philstructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:40   #13
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

TM MP7 i think im gonna go for that one.

Anyone used it?
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 19:45   #14
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Its decent from what I hear, its got the guts of an AEP though but if you slap someafter market parts in there to spice it, she can sport some mean teeth.

Rocking with that set up on a drop leg holster wouldnt be to bad at all. Kinda sexy actually.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 20:59   #15
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Can't go wrong with a fullsized MP5 with folding stock and a KSC Glock 19 with numerous mags of heavy ammo! (Thanks to Eyeball for the pic! More to come from others.)

BTW, I have to laugh at all the 'romantic' views about being an airsoft sniper I tend to see in forums across North America, from my experience if you follow that path, you are pretty much a small player on the field, when you can be MUCH bigger!

For starters, if you have no radio, you are useless to the team unless you are highly experienced in your game and can act on your own, knowing how your team will go about the mission. Second, you should be geared up to act as a regular 'soldier' when the time comes. Point being, these two examples from yesterday's game:

1/ My spotter (ok, spotters are only there to protect your ass, nothing more, at least as far as airsoft goes) Dracheous and I took off before our team, planned the leastmost likely route enemy patrols might be on, well around from any easy paths or routes. I had my KJW M700 (shoulda had my CA M24, at least I could have reached over 200ft plus more ammo), MP5 with folding stock (360fps with 0.20g BBs, I had a shorty mag and 3 midcaps loaded with 0.28g BBs) and my G19 and 5 mags w/0.28g BBs. We had Foxtail and Arnold behind us as planned, about 100-150ft, I was point and ended up seeing a couple enemy dudes walk past on the trail ahead, maybe 100ft. We hunkered down, stayed quiet, my spotter got sighted and fired at (both of us were in ghillies). We stayed put, didn't return fire, they flanked to our right, Foxtail and Arnold waited and took them out. Because of the firing, two others rushed in to the area of my 10 O'clock, and shot my spotter 15ft behind me. I burst each from about 80ft through brush with 3-4 rounds each from my MP5, they called hit and left for respawn. We buggered off with our two KIA to let them respawn and to stay together as a group since we were compromised. I could have used my G19, but the SITREP called for brush penetration at 100ft or so, and was best to use my AEG.

2/ Later on three sniper teams advanced on a major objective, a comm tower about 100ft form the enemy's main base. We took the objective, called in to our CO that we needed an engineer asap to blow the objective as well as remove the generator which was another objective. Three snipers and three spotters held that area for about 30mins until an engineer and medic arrived. We were receiving fire from the base, and a few times we'd lose our engineer, a sniper or two, and a spotter or two.

Point being, having an AEG on you as a sniper really sets you up to provide dual action in help of your team. Having just a pistol like you 'think' real snipers go with is reducing your team's effectiveness to get objectives and mission accomplished.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; June 24th, 2007 at 22:48..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion