Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best M16

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 3rd, 2011, 15:08   #1
Kelly_mccasin

Best M16

Hi everyone just wondering what everyones opinion on the best M16 on the market is. I really like the G&G M16 RIS MAX and the SRC M16 A3 (Gen III Pro). I'm looking to pay around $500-$600. Is there any other suggestions? or comments on these two guns/Brands?
Kelly_mccasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 15:16   #2
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_mccasin View Post
Hi everyone just wondering what everyones opinion on the best M16 on the market is. I really like the G&G M16 RIS MAX and the SRC M16 A3 (Gen III Pro). I'm looking to pay around $500-$600. Is there any other suggestions? or comments on these two guns/Brands?
Both are ok options I suppose. There are other options avaliable though the age verification system in place on these forums. They will give you greater access to a wider assortment of guns as well as access to the buy and sell.

I suggest you hit up a local game and speak with people, rent a gun, and get age verified all at the same time. It will give you a taste of the game without any long term commitment and the advice you will get from people will be practical instead of theoretical (and heck someone might even have the guns you listed and you can check em out)

Cheers and welcome.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 15:18   #3
L473ncy

Classic Army makes nice ones (not their sportline series though). You'd be looking at around $475-650-ish for BNIB.

Other than that unless you're willing to pay a bit more G&P make REALLY nice Armalites which from my estimate should retail in the Low $600-750-ish price point BNIB.

KWA people say is pretty good too and for one of those you're looking at around $550-700 BNIB.

PS: Age verification opens up the classifieds and you can get used Armalites as well, some upgraded, some stock and well used, some fixer guns, and even other parts guns.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 15:23   #4
Crunchmeister

I'd go for the Classic M15A4. IMO, it's probably the best "out of the box" Armalite model you can get.
Old May 4th, 2011, 13:19   #5
sortie39
Banned

tm m16a1 is also a good choice!
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 13:37   #6
Amos

G&P Makes the nicest "platform" M16.

Better externals than CA, Better internals than CA.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 13:51   #7
Scouser

if you come out the the CAM noob day on the 7th just outside headingly there will be a bunch of displays and a few age verifiers on site

a couple of my teammates use the g&g m16s as their primary guns, you could talk to them first hand to see what their experiences with them are like, to find them once you get there ask for Donkay or Pharoh
Old May 4th, 2011, 14:13   #8
HKGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post

+1. For all around great gun, the G&P has to be my pick. It has really nice externals but the internals are also good compared to other brands. Another great all around gun is the KWA M4 Gen 2. Only down side is no real trades.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2011, 15:36   #9
Mr. G36!

Location: Beautiful Thunder Bay, where dreams become nightmares!
Hey...whatever happened to ICS? They made some of the best stuff if my memory still serves.
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:52   #10
Kelly_mccasin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post

I am starting to lean towards the G&P due to the better internals but I like the CA M15A4 SPR External with the RIS system already on it. Does G&P make a version similar to this as I love the looks of the RIS system and the ease to accessorize.
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:04   #11
Kelly_mccasin

Nevermind I found one. Its the G&P M16A4 RAS. Anybody know of any canadaian dealers than can get this for me?
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:05   #12
Scouser

not untill you get age verified mate

so best come out to noob day on saturday as there will be a couple of age verifiers on site, after that people would be able to help you find one
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:19   #13
Crunchmeister

I've taken a liking to the ICS line in the last couple of years. They have 2 real big advantage - 1 gun platform can suit multiple roles, and the split mechbox makes altering velocity quick and easy with no tools required.

For example, you can buy a full length M16 with a 400 fps velocity for full outdoor use.

You could have another upper / front end of M4 length for mixed style engagements where an outdoor field may have structures and some CQB aspects where a full length M16 would be awkward to use.

You could have another upper with a short CQB-length front end and a separate upper mechbox set for 350 fps for straight indoor / CQB games.

Basically, you have 1 base platform that you can use in all situations. Economically speaking, it makes good sense, as you only have one base gun, 1 type of battery, etc, 2 upper mechboxes for the different velocities, and the different upper receiver / front ends for specific purposes.
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:19   #14
Kelly_mccasin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
not untill you get age verified mate

so best come out to noob day on saturday as there will be a couple of age verifiers on site, after that people would be able to help you find one
Yeah. I knew that. working on it right now. I actually live in the city and don't have a vehicle to get out to noob day. I'm working saturday too. But thanks for the input I just wanted someone to look into it as I plan on getting AV'ed and buying that gun all within this month.
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:24   #15
Scouser

see if anyone that is going lives near you?

there seem to be a lot of people coming out, so chances are you could find something

its definately one of the easiest ways to get verified...we actually have a lot of verifiers in manitoba especially around winnipeg

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion