Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

L96 and G36C

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 27th, 2010, 11:15   #1
Kotov

L96 and G36C

Well I've got a UTG L96 and with what I've done to it, it's exactly the same as a fully upgraded Maruzen L96. It can be done. However I've filled it with expanding foam to reduce noise, but I was considering possibly replacing this, any thoughts on better fillers? Also, I have an Echo 1 g36c gen 3 I think, any thoughts on upgrades? I don't know much about aegs
Kotov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:45   #2
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Using a quieter running piston and piston head is the first step, and can be done regardless of the type of gun you have. Make sure the gears are shimmed perfectly to reduce gear noise and that the motor height is correctly set to minimize motor noise. You can pack out as much internal space around the gearbox as you can with a sound dampening foam (not a lot of spare room in armalites and AK's, but plenty in G36's). Just make sure that the foam isn't interfering with the gearbox operation or blocking air from getting into the box. Lastly, and definitely last, you can use a suppressor. They'll reduce the noise at the muzzle a bit (from a pop to a puff...) but will have no bearing on gearbox noise. They're no use unless your gearbox is already quiet...

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 17:14   #3
Kotov

How are the stock hop up systems in the g36c? I'm looking for consistency
Old October 27th, 2010, 18:08   #4
Kos-Mos

Your G36C is already 90% upgrades.

If you want a quieter rifle, you only have to change the piston (because it's not really good), piston head and cylinder head. Install a Modify Ultra Speed piston (the white ones) and a MASK piston head/cylinder head kit for version 3.

Don't confuse Gen3 and Version 3. All G36s use a Version 3 mechbox. SRC used to make crappy guns, and theses are the 3rd design and it is very good so far.

Expanding foam is the best for spring rifle stocks. If your L96 is still noisy, there might be a large air bubble in the foam or your upgrades are not done properly. I know it can be done with a clone rifle, but there do is a lot of difference and the parts work better in the Maruzen -> quieter.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 10:17   #5
Kotov

The noise in my l96 is from the spring... under certain circumstances the parts will work better in a true maruzen than a clone, but when the entire inside of the gun is gutted it doesn't make any difference. Right now I'm running I think an SPR 300%. I suppose I'll just stick with the foam, and it might be a version 3 gearbox I was thinking of, is there any way to tell which gen the g36c is? Like I said, I don't know much about aegs... also about the l96, I did all the upgrades myself, however no matter how hard I looked I couldn't find much about cylinder and piston resilience. I have an SS5000 spring, which has a much higher coefficient than the 300%. Pulling it back isn't a problem and neither is the fps because I play with min. engagement limits anyways, but my only worry is how my cylinder and piston will hold up to the spring as I'm not sure exactly how much stronger the 5000 is. I've got a zero trigger so that's no problem, and the hard type piston and cylinder set from PDI. I mean there's really not much else you can do for the internals in terms of durability but I really don't want to spend another 250 dollars on a new cylinder and piston set because I ran the 5000 and it was too much. Thoughts?
Old October 28th, 2010, 16:06   #6
Kos-Mos

I personally don't like PDI pistons.

But I can tell you that a Laylax 3pieces piston (rubberish piston head, aluminium piston and steel rear end) will withstand a 700 fps spring (I think it was a 170SP or something) without any issue.

Both PDI pistons self-destruct when I tried a similar setup...

If you have a clear/semi clear G36, you have Gen3.
Old October 29th, 2010, 15:59   #7
Kotov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
I personally don't like PDI pistons.

But I can tell you that a Laylax 3pieces piston (rubberish piston head, aluminium piston and steel rear end) will withstand a 700 fps spring (I think it was a 170SP or something) without any issue.

Both PDI pistons self-destruct when I tried a similar setup...

If you have a clear/semi clear G36, you have Gen3.
All my internals except for the 6.01 tb and the trigger are pdi and as far as the firing mechanism itself goes the parts from the same company tend to run better together... the spring I've got right now chrono'd at 490 with .4's and with .2's the ss5000 is only rated for 50 fps higher, so with .4's it would probably be quite a bit less... I don't know I guess I'm happy with my set up for now... The g36 I have is all black, and like I said it's echo 1... I thought more about it and I'm thinking an extended tight bore barrel with a silencer, maybe a slightly upgraded rpm and more consistent piston/ cylinder set up. Also any comments on the stock hop up system in the g36c? The utg l96 stock hop up was horrible... I suppose quite honestly I'm looking to sort of morph my g36c into a long range assault rifle... sort of like a sniper but not quite. I've seen it done a few times and it's extremely effective. If i get a chance i'll upload a picture of the gun as it is now and then I could use some input on what upgrades to buy and where
Old October 31st, 2010, 17:41   #8
Kos-Mos

There is numerous threads about G36s.

Before the "clones", only CA and TM where producing them. So making a G36 or G36K was a bit of work.

The G36 hop-up, along with the P90 hop-up are the best design ever.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications