Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gun Review Videos - What do you look for?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 6th, 2021, 20:57   #1
Showe

Gun Review Videos - What do you look for?

I would love to start a YouTube airsoft product review channel. I don't know of too many Canadian, hands-on, reviews that are not coming directly from companies and stores (all of which I greatly appreciate and support, but may have biases). Whether you agree or disagree, my intent is to start a channel that is community-driven and informed.

So let me ask: When you watch a gun review, what sort of information are you looking for?

Besides basic info like the brand name, gun model, $CAD pricing, and in-the-box contents, this is what I see most often:

Physical Qualities

- Overall Length

- Build material/quality

- Loose or wobbly parts (ie. barrel wobble, play between receivers, receiver-to-rail gaps)

- Power storage (gas blow back magazine capacity, battery storage, etc.)

- Hop up style (rotary, or unique ones that you find on things like VFC Gen 5 Glocks, KWA LM4's, etc.)

Performance

- FPS

- Rate of Fire

- Accuracy (I loved the way Epic Airsoft HD used to do this)

- Overview of any included pre-upgraded parts such as mosfets, tight bore barrels, self-shimming gears, etc.

Channel Playlists

Canadian Airsoft Businesses and Resources: I'd love to put a spotlight on the Canadian-owned businesses, small and large. In my years of experience, I've stumbled onto some great stores and people by happenstance. Bringing wider attention to Canadian retailers/product developers would benefit the community and promote growth. I'd also want to bring attention to the types of products they offer; some stores serve as major retailers with balanced product selection like Trigger, or Toronto Airsoft, while others cater more to speedsoft, gas blow backs, and surplus gear.

Basic Tech: I had a lot of bad days with airsoft tech, most of them stemmed from my lack of common sense (like forcing something that doesn't want to move), or lack of experience. Basic Tech would aim to help people develop a functional knowledge of how their guns work before they cause irreparable or expensive damage. Case in point: I ruined a barrel thread once because I didn't know some guns use a grub screw in the flash hider.

Canadian channel promotion: I can count the number of popular Canadian airsoft YouTubers on one hand (channels like Siege and Toronto Airsoft not included). Robo Murray and House Gamers are great, but I'm sure there are more out there that may need a little traction and exposure.

I know starting a channel can be difficult, and most of what I want to do requires a large number of followers. I'm fine to work at growing a channel, but I want to do my best to put out content that the broader Canadian community is interested in. You're feedback is appreciated!

Last edited by Showe; February 6th, 2021 at 21:44..
Showe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2021, 08:39   #2
jeffery163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showe View Post
I would love to start a YouTube airsoft product review channel. I don't know of too many Canadian, hands-on, reviews that are not coming directly from companies and stores (all of which I greatly appreciate and support, but may have biases). Whether you agree or disagree, my intent is to start a channel that is community-driven and informed.

So let me ask: When you watch a gun review, what sort of information are you looking for?

Besides basic info like the brand name, gun model, $CAD pricing, and in-the-box contents, this is what I see most often:

Physical Qualities

- Overall Length

- Build material/quality

- Loose or wobbly parts (ie. barrel wobble, play between receivers, receiver-to-rail gaps)

- Power storage (gas blow back magazine capacity, battery storage, etc.)

- Hop up style (rotary, or unique ones that you find on things like VFC Gen 5 Glocks, KWA LM4's, etc.)

Performance

- FPS

- Rate of Fire

- Accuracy (I loved the way Epic Airsoft HD used to do this)

- Overview of any included pre-upgraded parts such as mosfets, tight bore barrels, self-shimming gears, etc.

Channel Playlists

Canadian Airsoft Businesses and Resources: I'd love to put a spotlight on the Canadian-owned businesses, small and large. In my years of experience, I've stumbled onto some great stores and people by happenstance. Bringing wider attention to Canadian retailers/product developers would benefit the community and promote growth. I'd also want to bring attention to the types of products they offer; some stores serve as major retailers with balanced product selection like Trigger, or Toronto Airsoft, while others cater more to speedsoft, gas blow backs, and surplus gear.

Basic Tech: I had a lot of bad days with airsoft tech, most of them stemmed from my lack of common sense (like forcing something that doesn't want to move), or lack of experience. Basic Tech would aim to help people develop a functional knowledge of how their guns work before they cause irreparable or expensive damage. Case in point: I ruined a barrel thread once because I didn't know some guns use a grub screw in the flash hider.

Canadian channel promotion: I can count the number of popular Canadian airsoft YouTubers on one hand (channels like Siege and Toronto Airsoft not included). Robo Murray and House Gamers are great, but I'm sure there are more out there that may need a little traction and exposure.

I know starting a channel can be difficult, and most of what I want to do requires a large number of followers. I'm fine to work at growing a channel, but I want to do my best to put out content that the broader Canadian community is interested in. You're feedback is appreciated!
That's a great move. Kindly let us know when you get started
jeffery163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2021, 21:51   #3
aaabbbccc

Thank you!
aaabbbccc is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion