Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Thinking of getting into this...

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 13th, 2021, 04:17   #1
tranvu9

Thinking of getting into this...

Hi, so I'm thinking of getting into airsoft on a more serious note.

I was interested in airsoft since Youtuber The Mighty Jingles mentioned it. I decided one day, after class, to just try it out. I went to the CQB arena near Downsview in Toronto.

I learned that CQB was really difficult - especially with a full-sized rifle. It was my first time airsofting at all so I was kinda scared about being hit, haha...I thought though, maybe an ourdoor arena with more manoeuvrability would be more my thing?

I also learned that it was rather boring without a fixed community.

Now I have a fairly decent job (not exactly minimum wage, but not exactly top-tier either) and am looking for reasons to be more socially active in something I can actually be interested in. Airsoft stuck out in my mind, though the costs are a bit of a problem (I definitely could save up for more expensive airsoft gear, though it would take some time).

To sum up,
If CQB isn't really my thing, is it possible I would prefer outdoors instead?
What could I do about finding a community?
Given everything I just said, is the sport worth getting into?
tranvu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2021, 23:41   #2
tvw

Like any hobby it will take multiple attempts for you to give a proper judgment to the sport.

QCB and Outdoor play is different, non comparable in many ways and similar in few. Many do find the CQB elements to be a very high strung situations with quick rash decisions where as you may be able to "plot" out your next move more successfully in the bush/open.

To find out more about your community I would suggest finding out what your local/city facebook group is and follow that for games. Lots of sales and people to contact have moved onto Reddit.

This sport is an amazing way to spend free time, express imagination, exercise while building friends and communication skills. Too much good going for it.. If you don't like it you can always sell your gear.

Hope you stay around,

Good luck!
tvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2021, 03:06   #3
Vrsnv

If you went to UltimateAirsoft then there are 2 Outdoor fields within an hour from that location called Combat Pursuit and Clarington Woods Airsoft. I've only really gone to Ultimate and Seige which are CQB.

If you went to a game and enjoyed it but just had fears I would recommend trying it out a few more times. I know a drawback for alot of people are rental guns because they do not compare to everyone elses personals. You really just need to take the dive unfortunately to get the best experience unless you have a buddy with gear. Outdoor is very different than CQB so its difficult to tell you if you would enjoy it alternatively without you trying it. Im in the area if you have any questions let me know.
Vrsnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2021, 01:53   #4
Zfurlong

If you are in Toronto, about an hour north in Wasaga beach is one of the best outdoor fields I've played at, with great community support behind it as well. Was posted to Borden for around 2 years, and every time I went to play, always felt welcomed, as if I had been playing with the group for years.
Old November 1st, 2021, 01:54   #5
Zfurlong

I should note, I've played in three provinces as well as multiple locations in the states, many years ago as well
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank