Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Typical Noob Questions: Which is better?

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 13th, 2008, 07:50   #31
Brit ter

I would consider a JG as mid grade !
Old December 13th, 2008, 08:00   #32
Brit ter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
Low Grade
Aftermath (non-standard hopup units, rubbers, and barrels but easy swap)
CYMA (have been getting better, full metal usually now, I'd almost put them in Mid Grade)
Cybergun (they are an importer, not a manufacturer, Cybergun branded guns are usually Well)
Well (not sure I would even rank them this high, they are bottom of the Low Grade barrel at the very least)
JG (known to be solid performers but chance of getting a lemon and all plastic)
Echo1 (rebranded JG's, sometimes with cheap potmetal bodies added)
AGM (at least their M14's, other than hopup/barrel its a TM clone)

Mid Grade
G&G (full metal but known for shoddy internals)
STAR (known for motor problems and pistons stripping)
TM
KWA (verdict is still out for long term reliability, might be high grade)
King Arms (again, verdict still out)
ICS (come stock with mechbox busting aluminum pistons, slightly non-standard gears but can be replaced with standard ones if you swap the bushings)

High Grade
CA (full metal full goodness)
G&P (godly)

My opinions. I wouldn't put TM in high grade; I mean they are top quality for reliability and lasting forever out of the box (have heard stories of stock TM guns going 200K+ rnds without a problem) but they just need so much work to get them to a serious level. It does kinda pain me to put ICS in Mid Grade because I swear by them and love them, but out of the box performance could be better. With a little work ICS guns can be amazing though, definitely top end.
JG are clones of TM ,s they are not all plastic !as matter of fact JG are getting better than TM,s
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:06   #33
Slade
Arkell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
JG are clones of TM ,s they are not all plastic !as matter of fact JG are getting better than TM,s
I agree, I have a JG M733 and it is extremely solid and well built. Not only that but they are cheaper than TM and any part that isn't as good quality can be easily replaced by a TM part.
"Leadership isn't about firing bullets and stabbing people. Leadership is about being able to tell others to fire bullets and stab people."
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 00:06   #34
airsoftQ

I got a CA M15a4 rifle (m16a3) and it broke after 5 minute of shooting.After i Opened the box obviously.On the other hand i also have a CA M15a4 carbine (m4a1) and its still runnign perfectly after 4 games.

I also got a CA slr105 a1 and its a total beast.Awsome rof and realiability.

So CA are realy the alfa romeo's Of the airsoft guns....you dont why,when and what is going to break...but they have a soul that no other brand have (juste like an alfa)

For TM a have a tm g36c and its 5 years old!And it never cause me ANY problem...thats why i respect tm,they juste keep running for ever,just like a toyota^^

MArpat User

Tan addict

Last edited by airsoftQ; October 14th, 2009 at 00:07.. Reason: Mistakes
airsoftQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 00:12   #35
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

you DO realize that the last post in this thread was almost a year ago right?
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:08   #36
airsoftQ

Yes i know..im sorry if i did a kind of bump,but i realy wanted to give my opinion on that subject.

Sorry

MArpat User

Tan addict
airsoftQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 03:07   #37
Bullydog

Just wondering...

I am considering buying an SRC MG36 as my first 'real' airsoft gun. I read some reviews about how the gen 2 guns (the 36c's and k's anyways) had problems with the hopup putting a side spin on the bb's among other things and was wondering if anyone on here has one of these guns. If someone could provide me with some input on this gun I would really appreciate it. Here is the address for the gun I'm thinking of purchasing if it helps. http://www.mach1airsoft.com/web/cata...om&id=31&cat=3 Thanks for any assistance.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 17:04   #38
Ayashifx55

To bullydog, the 3rd gen fixes most of its problems having in 2nd, including having a metal hopup chamber.....its a decent gun at a decent price considering the upgrades included.

Where is VFC classified on all these brands ??
Old February 2nd, 2010, 20:09   #39
IREALLYDONTKNOW

you guys realize that CA and TM are no match for KWA G&G or G&P right?
IREALLYDONTKNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 20:11   #40
Acid_Snake

Send a message via MSN to Acid_Snake
nice try troll
Acid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 20:11   #41
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREALLYDONTKNOW View Post
you guys realize that CA and TM are no match for KWA G&G or G&P right?
Obvious troll is obvious.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 16:22   #42
Bullydog

Thanks for the input. I will hopefully be purchasing one of these before summer. Now I don't suppose anyone could help me find an age verifier near Sydney, Cape Breton. I would really like to get that done with. A trip to Halifax is possible for me but anywhere farther than that isn't really feasible right now. I am 26 but you can never be sure on the internet and I understand and respect that. Just want to get it done so I can contribute to/take advantage of the other services this community offers Thanks and sorry if this doesn't fit the topic.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 16:23   #43
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
I believe submarineman is in Halifax. Check the verifiers list to be sure and PM the people you wish to meet with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 16:12   #44
DanoftheDead

Hey everyone, so I've spent a few weeks (nearly 2 months) researching which AK I am going to buy, after all the research I've done I'm not quite where I'd like to be. I just got Zeon to do my age verifiacation so that should be updated soon(ish) and I wanted to get some input from others who have used/ owned AK-47 AEG's. What are your opinions / problems with them, best / most reliable brand and price range based on quality? I'm looking for something mid to high quality. I don't want to have to do much upgrading (if any) and wants something that will stand the test of time. Thanks in advance to any help.
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2010, 16:21   #45
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

If you want the greatest quality for your dollar, you may wish to look into real sword AKs. A lot of people recommend them as some of the best AKs a person can buy. Theres a couple of threads on here and Im sure you will manage to google up some decent info as well.

Aside from real sword the other two recommendations I could suggest at this time are Tokyo Marui, because they have fantastic interior quality however their exterior quality is decent but parts are made from plastic. The other company I would suggest is Classic Army, their RK line has some beautiful models with externals made from real wood and metal.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; March 17th, 2010 at 16:24..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank