Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Snipers in airsoft

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 29th, 2010, 18:49   #31
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Who knows if you like AEGs enough you can be a DM

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 19:11   #32
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSam View Post
Who knows if you like AEGs enough you can be a DM
This is actually the role I mostly play, a DM with a bolt action, since I'm often in play with a squad, but often move around alone with my rifle slung on my back in comms with the rest of the team, and use it when situations allow. Literally, I've carved out a very cool (and well loaded) niche for myself in airsoft, and extremely flexible (yet deadly).
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 19:17   #33
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
This is actually the role I mostly play, a DM with a bolt action, since I'm often in play with a squad, but often move around alone with my rifle slung on my back in comms with the rest of the team, and use it when situations allow. Literally, I've carved out a very cool (and well loaded) niche for myself in airsoft, and extremely flexible (yet deadly).
Your point is? Your ASC Jesus (said hey soose) lmao. But no I agree, personally when I start playing again I'll have a DMR, two pistols, and a backpack full of ingenuity. Ill be UNSTOPPABLE

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

Old November 29th, 2010, 20:38   #34
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Your point is? Your ASC Jesus (said hey soose) lmao. But no I agree, personally when I start playing again I'll have a DMR, two pistols, and a backpack full of ingenuity. Ill be UNSTOPPABLE
Well, my point being, be flexible if you aren't doing the dedicated sniper role, and if one wants a bolt action rifle to learn the sniper role on without doing the entire ghillie/taking a nap in the bushes/leaving beer cans and cig butts everywhere you camp, that is the best role. Mind you, weight becomes an issue due to AEG and ammo in tow, but isn't a big deal compared to the ennormous capacity you have with that flexibility.

But ya, good load out, is a minimum for me most days. Lol
Old November 29th, 2010, 20:54   #35
SniperSam

beer cans? more like whiskey bottles with squirrels in them. and true, adaptation does come into play. While with an AEG as a DMR, it would be easier to switch from semi-auto to full automatic while with a bolt action you cant

Old November 29th, 2010, 21:28   #36
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
beer cans? more like whiskey bottles with squirrels in them. and true, adaptation does come into play. While with an AEG as a DMR, it would be easier to switch from semi-auto to full automatic while with a bolt action you cant
True, but learn to shoot well, who needs semi or full? Both are just compensating for lack of shooting skills. Think about it, I can smoke a guy running sideways with my bolt action out to 100ft, shoot between branches because I can choose my ballistic path, etc. Hell, I've proven I can hit a swinging bottle cap on a string at 30ft with my M24............ yet have a hard time hitting a guy running sideways with my MP5 on full auto. When you are limited, your mind takes over. When you are in abundence, your mind goes blank.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; November 29th, 2010 at 21:32..
Old November 29th, 2010, 21:54   #37
SniperSam

but when shit hits teh fan and youre not airsoft jesus, can anyone really do all of that?

Old November 29th, 2010, 22:10   #38
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Quote:
True, but learn to shoot well, who needs semi or full? Both are just compensating for lack of shooting skills. Think about it, I can smoke a guy running sideways with my bolt action out to 100ft, shoot between branches because I can choose my ballistic path, etc. Hell, I've proven I can hit a swinging bottle cap on a string at 30ft with my M24............ yet have a hard time hitting a guy running sideways with my MP5 on full auto. When you are limited, your mind takes over. When you are in abundence, your mind goes blank.
Of course, there's something to be said for an abundance of area neutralization weapons...

/me clings to his M203, Claymores and Horde of Tornados.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 22:19   #39
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Lol, is why I carry a pistol or two with MANY mags.... mind you, one of my MP5s is usually with me, but I grew bored of AEGs last year, got more of a hard-on from pistols and BA rifle, especially in built up ubran settings.
Old November 29th, 2010, 22:22   #40
SniperSam

Same here. Funny to see when sees two M9s pointed at them point blank "safety kill"

Old January 25th, 2011, 23:42   #41
Reckless

Quote:
Lol, is why I carry a pistol or two with MANY mags.... mind you, one of my MP5s is usually with me, but I grew bored of AEGs last year, got more of a hard-on from pistols and BA rifle, especially in built up ubran settings.

.... how about a DMR pistol? ....

1911... 430mm inner... carbine body..

I must be a weirdo.. I like my pistols with auto function .. and my "rifles" with semi...

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 21:51   #42
jomor

Sniper Schools

You guys mention class2 or level 2. I'm assuming then that there are schools for airsoft sniping? When I where do these take place and how do I sign up? Please and thanks
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 21:59   #43
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
You guys mention class2 or level 2. I'm assuming then that there are schools for airsoft sniping? When I where do these take place and how do I sign up? Please and thanks
Check out your local game schedule. A sniper clinic will pop out eventually.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 00:14   #44
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Full auto is all fine and good. But did you know that I get the same amount of kills doing semi auto only with my M4 than I do using full auto with my M249?
The 249 will scare people, but accuracy is just as frightening.

And AEG's are nowhere near as accurate on full auto as they are on semi.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:43   #45
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
but when shit hits teh fan and youre not airsoft jesus, can anyone really do all of that?
Ive taken on a heavily fortified position with nothing but rubber knives and a smile. Its all about patience and opportunity.
Full auto is all dine and dandy when you wanna puff out your chest and be scary. However I would prefer to have higher bb hit per fire ratio than a fire and miss ratio, you really only need to tag your target with a BB once.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; January 28th, 2011 at 01:47.. Reason: drrrrunnnkk typing
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank