Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Year Of The GBBR....or just a stinky smell that's passing through...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 25th, 2010, 00:55   #301
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
At the games I frequent.
On average.
Number of WE's on a field at a time: 10+
Number of AEG's: 10+
Number of WA's on the field <1

The WA system is over complicated, expensive, and frustrating. It is NOT a bad system. It's just easier to run a WE right now.
Don't know if that's true but,
generally in Edmonton,
AEG: 70%+
PTW: <5%
Magna System: <5%
KJW: ~10%
WE: ~10%

WE isn't as popular as many thought, I won't go into WE until the Open bolt M4/M16
Old December 25th, 2010, 02:01   #302
davedawg123

That's all well and good but I'm not getting a WE this time around. I'm just looking for more feedback on the VFC.
davedawg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 02:19   #303
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

WE has a larger selection of platforms to choose from, which appeals to many people. They are also constantly improving them and fixing little problems that arise.

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86
-Trooper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 02:46   #304
RacingManiac

I dunno about WA being overly complicated...the firing mechanism is essentially RS design. The gas system is the same as their pistol or if you have NPAS, same as TM's....

Their main problem is still Mag, and the fact that you need to get quality parts to make sure it runs...

Issue with VFC is that it's essentially WA like system, but pre made with pot metal parts to keep the price down, but without compatibility with WA parts so you can't replace bad parts with better ones...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 04:12   #305
davedawg123

Yeah, that's the thing, not enough feedback on which parts have broken. Perhaps its too early to tell. I'm sure with mags and gun being as cheap as they are, people will try out the system which will hopefully give VFC or others incentive to make better parts available. There are videos of what looks like modded WA bolts in the VFC as well as WA barrels being used so compatibility does exist, at least more so than say between WE (or KJW) and WA.
Old December 25th, 2010, 11:06   #306
-Trooper-
a.k.a. Egria

Modifying WA parts every time something breaks in the VFC is just a huge hassle that not many people are willing to do. WE doesn't need to modify any WA or KJW parts because there are already a lot of good after market parts made for their guns.

PURVEYOR OF FINE PARACORD PRODUCTS

www.beaconconceptsco.com

Click Here For ASC Thread

Team GHOSTS - G86
-Trooper- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 14:34   #307
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Don't know if that's true but,
generally in Edmonton,
AEG: 70%+
PTW: <5%
Magna System: <5%
KJW: ~10%
WE: ~10%

WE isn't as popular as many thought, I won't go into WE until the Open bolt M4/M16
WE open bolt is due for release within the month, FYI.

Here in Vancouver... it's mainly AEG's. Sometimes I see PTW's. Very rarely have I seen any GBBR's being fielded.
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 16:07   #308
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
At the games I frequent.
On average.
Number of WE's on a field at a time: 10+
Number of AEG's: 10+
Number of WA's on the field <1

The WA system is over complicated, expensive, and frustrating. It is NOT a bad system. It's just easier to run a WE right now.
WA system is not over complicated, or not even complicated I would say. expensive, yes. frustrating, as long as you know the function of each parts, thats not a problem.

My 2 cents
Old December 25th, 2010, 17:57   #309
davedawg123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Ino was too much hype, they didn't do enough work to make the internal work....

I am 75% into WOC that I am not getting out to make the purchase worthwhile. And for the most part it works. If I know then what I know now, I'd build one from scratch for WA...if I wanted to spend less, I'll go from KA or G&P bodies, if I want to spend more, I'll go with Prime.....get with G&P internals, and get RS furniture....
Is there a how to thread out there that mentions which parts are necessary to build a WA based system from scratch?
Old December 26th, 2010, 21:29   #310
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
the WA design is quite simple. the concept behind the design is great, the application is where the problem lies. thats why it's such an expensive system.

it's like the parts were designed without thinking about its long term use. an example would be the bolt catch, as it was designed to catch the side of the carrier instead of the bolt face like in the RS counterpart. the catch chews away at the soft carrier side and also clips the gas inlet on the bolt.

the damage to the carrier means that the function of the catch cease to work after a few hundred cycles. the clipping of the gas inlet causes the smooth surface of the inlet to become rough, this is even worse on metal bolts as some sharp edges are formed that eat away at the rubber outlet on the mag.

it doesn't help that the two surfaces of the inlet and outlet are horizontal, since the bolt is dragged over the rubber seal, any nicks on the inlet cut and scratch the rubber seal. as the seal get damaged more and more gas leaks between the mag and the bolt. this is one of the reasons why the WA system is such a gas hog.

then there's the problem of the interface between the bolt and the carrier. due to the off center bore in the carrier, the left side of the carrier has a much thinner wall than the right. this along with the means of locking the bolt in the carrier make for a really weak area that has been known to not only deform but also break. when the bolt is fully extended, there is little vertical or axial support. the bolt is almost free floating and moves around inside the receiver during cycling. this is yet another reason why the bolt gets damaged.

leaky mags aside, there is a lot that can be done to make the WA system run more efficiently, and last a whole lot longer.

given these faults, i still prefer the WA system over WEs.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.

Last edited by Dynamo; December 27th, 2010 at 00:28..
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 21:43   #311
pancakedestroyer

I think anyone that has ever had a "sour" experience with a Wetti GBBR needs to check out the G39(36) they've released. I'm getting an average of 60+ rounds per magazine charge and the thing performs flawlessly. I've been debating building a custom M4 but I'm hard pressed to take the plunge considering how well their new open bolt is performing(for me).
pancakedestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 23:31   #312
RacingManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedawg123 View Post
Is there a how to thread out there that mentions which parts are necessary to build a WA based system from scratch?
Receiver, BCG, outer barrel, inner barrel, hop up, firing group, stock tube, buffer, buffer spring, mag, RIS, sight, stock, pistol grip,....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old December 27th, 2010, 14:26   #313
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
Receiver, BCG, outer barrel, inner barrel, hop up, firing group, stock tube, buffer, buffer spring, mag, RIS, sight, stock, pistol grip,....
Also, try to stick with the same brand for the parts.... or else you'll run into LOTS of fitment issues.... trust me, I've been there...lol
Old December 27th, 2010, 14:57   #314
RacingManiac

The Larue build I did recently is a mix-match of parts....and really the only thing that needs fitting is the striker/bolt stop block. I've had way less issue with this build than i've had with WOC which I also own...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old December 28th, 2010, 10:52   #315
Cassius

What's the thing with open-bolt systems? Isn't a real AR a closed-bolt system? I'm just confused here...

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion