Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Customs are assholes

:

General

Old April 8th, 2008, 17:31   #1
Crunchmeister

Customs are assholes

Well, today I received a bunch of MP5 mags and mag clamps that I had ordered from an American user here in the ASC classifieds. As I expected, the package had been sitting in Customs for the last week or so. This is usually not that big a deal.

However, not only did they open the package, they also took it upon themselves to completely dismantle all 4 of the magazines. Then, they nicely suffed everything back in the package, making no attempt to reassemble them. In the process, they bent the shit out of the guide springs, and lost one of the pins that holds the top on one of the magazines.

Now, I've ordered a lot of shit from abroad in the last 8 years or so, and had a lot of items be inspected by customs. But this is the first time I've had the items disassembled completely. Of if they had been before, they'd always reassembled them and I never knew they were taken apart.

So yeah, I'm pissed. Luckily I was able to reassemble the mags and straighten out the springs enough so that they feed well. And I managed to use a finishing nail to make a new pin to hold the one mag together, so in the end, all my mags work and are complete.

But really, is this necessary? If they had some doubt about the magazines, they could certainly have opened one up, and seeing it was identical to all others, they could have left it at that. But no, these morons had to go all the way and take them all apart and not even bother trying to reassemble them, as well as losing a part.

So yeah, I'm just venting here. It's been a bad day in terms of packages received (this one, plus another that wasn't the item I ordered). Thought I would say my piece with my first really negative experience with Customs.
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:35   #2
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Yup they can be real asshat's at times. I am in the process of finding out why they detained my "REPLICA" paca armour (armour is not illegal in Canada) for almost 2 weeks then promptly lost it.
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:35   #3
KEVORKIAN

I've never experienced anything like this, but I did learn "NOT" to order anything...and I mean anything from the south!!!

That really sucks!

Did you take any pics depicting the DESTRUCTION????

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!

Last edited by KEVORKIAN; April 8th, 2008 at 17:38..
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:36   #4
Amos

They were checking for the large amounts of cocaine you had hidden inside the mags.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:41   #5
Disco_Dante

Cocaine is a fools game. Crunch knows the money is in heroin.

But seriously, that sucks bud. Can you file a complaint?
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:41   #6
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Thats customs for ya, they do do that, theres a couple of folks in town who have had issues with their mags being taken apart as well. Thats why Ive created a plan to have a box of feces and vomit mailed to me from the USA with "GUN PARTS" written all over the box. If it makes it to me I have no intention of opening it. I'll just toss it out and get someone to mail me another.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:44   #7
~Ghost~

Send a message via MSN to ~Ghost~
yeah they siezed my shit a couple times, personally i hate them it alwase costs a shid load for them to chek it and then they tax that shit to!!
i think its a petty excuse of for a money grab. id like to say a word or two to the guys that overpriced the cost of my scope i orderd of ehobby and am trying to get a rienbursment for the extra 20$ i had to pay be because they estimated the price wrong even though it was marked as gift!!!!!
(ehobby was not at fault in any way or shape i instructed them to mark the package as a gift)
screw customs
~Ghost~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:46   #8
Tombstone

CBSA=

Calculating
BullShit
Artists
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:48   #9
~Ghost~

Send a message via MSN to ~Ghost~
So True!!!!
~Ghost~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:49   #10
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ghost~ View Post
screw customs
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000

they are all morons!
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:51   #11
Roughneck
used to be Spencer aka Sue

+1 on the box o' shit. Might I suggest a bastardized rat trap to launch said crap upon opening?

Please save for me, some gallantry
That will echo when I'm gone
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:52   #12
Crunchmeister

I realize Customs have a job to do. There are certain items that the law says can't be imported, and that's the way it is. But to essentially destroy my goods before stuffing them into a plastic bag to finish their journey to me is hardly what I'd call professional in any way, shape, or form.

And who to complain to for $50 worth of shit? I got it all back together and working, so in the end, it was nothing more than an inconvenience to me. But still, one has to wonder about these inspectors...
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:53   #13
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Thats customs for ya, they do do that, theres a couple of folks in town who have had issues with their mags being taken apart as well. Thats why Ive created a plan to have a box of feces and vomit mailed to me from the USA with "GUN PARTS" written all over the box. If it makes it to me I have no intention of opening it. I'll just toss it out and get someone to mail me another.
I actually LIKE that idea! Good one.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 17:54   #14
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Sucks.

Well next time, you should ask the seller to take everything apart and put them in plastic zip bags. Then assemble when you get them. You get them across with no hassle.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 18:01   #15
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Its not just how they handle airsoft parts that bother me. Its how they handle all my packages. If I order clothing from the states, or if a friend picks up a top or dress shirt that I couldnt find here. One example is I had a friend send me a dress shirt from the states. She folded it layed it flat and slipped into its bag and then slipped it between two pieces of cardboard so it woudlnt get crushed or wrinkled during shipping and into a large bubble wrapper. I recieved the package, cut open, taped back together with packing tape and shirt removed from the wrapped and crammed back into the envelope. I could have eaten sand and shit molen glass when I opened it up.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General