Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ordering from eHobby Asia

:

General

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:57   #1
Savayan

Ordering from eHobby Asia

Okay, so I've been looking through the forums for the answer to this question and I haven't had any luck finding it. I'm probably just looking in the wrong place, but I figured I'd ask the question here and save the time and frustration.

Now, I've heard that there are some issues importing upgraded guns from eHobby Asia, particularly the more hot guns they have on offer. But I haven't heard much about importing less engergetic stock guns from them. I get the impression that most of the AEGs in the sub-400 fps range get through customs just fine, but I don't know for sure so I'm hoping for a straight answer before I go and blow a few hundred on importing something just to get it locked up in customs from now until doomsday. Also, not sure about importing guns with non-tinted recievers. It seems to have worked in the thread about importing prohibited items thread (One of the things Metalsynth brougth in was a RS Dragunov, so...), but I don't know if I should count on that.

If it helps any, the guns I've got my eye one are the AGM M14, and either the KSC 93R or some breed of 1911.
Savayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:17   #2
Juke16

You're AV'ed why don't you just look in the AV retailer section?
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:19   #3
Savayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
A) You can get the airsoft variant of all three guns in Canada
Been looking, to no joy in the Toronto area. Do you have any advice for where to look in the country?

Quote:
B)Why don't you just read the FAQ's?
I did, but apparently not the right one. And all the ones that I found were upwards of four years out of date.

Quote:
C)Short answer is that without a licence, you most likely won't be able to get any type of airsoft rifle through customs.
That's what I was looking for. Thanks. Now to find something more reliable then waiting for it to pop up in the classifieds.
Savayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:44   #4
L473ncy

It's in the AV only section and apparently eHobby is now on some list at CBSA and all their packages will go for secondary inspection or something.
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:08   #5
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
ehobby is blacklisted , any thing from them that comes through the border is now checked by the CBSA
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:21   #6
Ktown Militia

I just ordered 2 extended mags for g18, dropleg holster, and MC knee and elbow pads on may 27th, was in my hands on the 3rd. Not bad.

OT, do not try to import and AEGs, GBBs, or rifles. Even black plastic lower receivers.

Edit: I recommend reading this, not long and has to the point info.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318

Last edited by Ktown Militia; June 5th, 2011 at 12:34..
Ktown Militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:46   #7
Beeny

Ive had no problems with ehobby so far..everything i ordered got to my doorstep...
I didnt order a gun tho..just a Magpul MVG fgrip and some internals replacements..
Beeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 23:37   #8
Reckless

beyond the issues with ordering a gun outside of canada... stay away from the AGM M14 ... I ordered one disassembled, for PARTS (I was counting on pieces being siezed, but all the peices I needed it was the cheaper, easier way) ... I just happened to get it all ... so I figured I'd give it a go, turn it into a SAW (M14E2) .. the hicap didn't work out of the box, the hop up didn't work (the adjusting wheel barely touched the arm on the hop chamber) ... and 700 rnds in the tappet snapped... I honestly put them a step down from a Kart....

and to mirror the above peoples, don't order anything from Ehobby .. "legal" or not .. the headache isn't worth it ... really really, they are in hot water right now

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:12   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeny View Post
Ive had no problems with ehobby so far..everything i ordered got to my doorstep...
I didnt order a gun tho..just a Magpul MVG fgrip and some internals replacements..
This thread is abut ordering guns. Of course accessories would make it to you, there's no problem with those.

Savayan, you said you did some research but obviously didn't read this thread in the FAQ section: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 20:53   #10
jomor

ehobby

Some one on the ASC ranted about his order and told CBSA that they were illegally importing guns. Mine were all marked properly and do fit the 407 to 500 fps rule but one got taken anyway. I'm fighting that! IF you live close to the U.S border it's much better just togo pick it up in the states bring it back declare it with proper documentation. I have never had a problem with doing it that way. Pistols are a no go, buy pistols form the AV stores here on the ASC.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General