Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tanio Koba / KJW M4 GBBR Basic Information and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 16th, 2011, 11:51   #316
delarosa

Hey guys, I recently purchased a KJW m4. Have to say it is an awesome gun! However I notice 1 thing peculiar, the bolt doesnt want to lock back whenever new mag is inserted, I need to take several shots before the bolt locks back(not using dry fire mode, no bb inside the mag, just want to test the lock mechanism). Anybody experience this? Or have any solution to this?
delarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:46   #317
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKp30 View Post
Remove your flash hider, Remove your front sight post, remove your handguard or free float rail, remove your barrel nut, remove your barrel, pull out hop-up & inner barrel from the outer barrel.

You have to remove the outer barrel to get to the hop-up/inner barrel

i'd also make sure your hop up is all the way off before removing the barrel

**let me know how you like the bucking, I had my eye on one.
thanks I'll let you know ! It came with the gun so I didn't have to buy it but I read that it was way better than the genuine one! we'll see.
Old February 16th, 2011, 21:22   #318
Saberwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarosa View Post
Hey guys, I recently purchased a KJW m4. Have to say it is an awesome gun! However I notice 1 thing peculiar, the bolt doesnt want to lock back whenever new mag is inserted, I need to take several shots before the bolt locks back(not using dry fire mode, no bb inside the mag, just want to test the lock mechanism). Anybody experience this? Or have any solution to this?
Are you firing it in the cold? Low temperatures have a negative effect on the performance of GBBRs.
Old February 16th, 2011, 23:06   #319
delarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwing View Post
Are you firing it in the cold? Low temperatures have a negative effect on the performance of GBBRs.
Nope, my room temperature is around 25C, anything to do with green gas? Im using this gas at the moment:

I find it a bit odd that I need to fire a few times before it can successfully lock back every time I shoot(its like warm up). Or maybe the fact that the mag isnt in place correctly? Because if I fire while pushing the mag slightly upward, it can lock back even in the first shot.
Old February 16th, 2011, 23:20   #320
Heerven

You dont' have the mag on blank mod?

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 23:30   #321
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

I know that some mags from the first batch came with faulty bolt locks... maybe it's one of them... ask kjw about their replacement mag pieces..

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 00:53   #322
delarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heerven View Post
You dont' have the mag on blank mod?
Nope, its not set to blank mod, like I mentioned, its like a warm up(several shots before the bolt locks back successfully every shot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrea View Post
I know that some mags from the first batch came with faulty bolt locks... maybe it's one of them... ask kjw about their replacement mag pieces..
That includes the CQBR version?

UPDATE:
I've look through forums and found one member(Raven1) said something like this:
"Although it should be noted if there is No BB Present In The Hop Up and No BBs In The Magazine - The Bolt Does Not Always Lock Back! This Might Be Due To Design but Will Investigate Further To Discover The Root Cause."

Hes conducted series of test to the kjw m4. Im new to forums so maybe someone here knew him and heard about solutions from him?

UPDATE:
So I tested the mag fully loaded and got to say its been perfect, the bolt keeps locking back every last round. I dont know why it wasnt the case if I start firing with empty mag, well as long as it locks after the last round, Im gonna leave it as it is. Thanks so much for the help guys.
================================================== ==

BTW, what should I get to make my kjw m4 durable other than cradle piston?
And any suggestions as to what I should get for aiming devices? I tested the 4 multi reticle reflex sight and it keeps going dead on me in every recoil, need to adjust to make it work again. Im looking something affordable and skirmish-able for GBBR, as getting the RS ones is a bit troublesome for me. Thanks!

Last edited by delarosa; February 17th, 2011 at 05:25..
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:04   #323
Pinard

for the optic, I bought a shock resistant eotech (wich is supposed to survive the GBBR blowback)

that one http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...roducts_id=679

I must say that this replica is by far the best I've ever seen according to details...lets just see if it will survive the summer
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:38   #324
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Cradle piston, cradle velocity reducer and cradle bolt carrier extension are the 3 things that would help
If you want a lot of info, go on Arnies, and check the 175 pages thread about the kjw

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
Old February 17th, 2011, 12:01   #325
delarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contractor 6-8 View Post
for the optic, I bought a shock resistant eotech (wich is supposed to survive the GBBR blowback)

that one http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...roducts_id=679

I must say that this replica is by far the best I've ever seen according to details...lets just see if it will survive the summer
Ic, I will look into this, it says compatible with gbbr too ^^ And would you mind telling me if the reticle is bright enough when using in a bright sunlight? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrea View Post
Cradle piston, cradle velocity reducer and cradle bolt carrier extension are the 3 things that would help
If you want a lot of info, go on Arnies, and check the 175 pages thread about the kjw
Great! thanks a lot for the info

Last edited by delarosa; February 17th, 2011 at 12:31..
Old February 22nd, 2011, 23:39   #326
Cinco Boy
a.k.a. por-no

Have some fairly recent news (Feb 16) as to new parts coming soon for the KJ from Cradle. This is a quote I took from a michigan airsoft message board from a Cradle rep.

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. I figure this might be as good a time as any for a progress update. Mags are still in development. Some people have emailed or PM'ed me and may know that PMAGS are looking to be less likely than previously. Due to international export restrictions we are not able to export real mag shells which means in order to do PMAGS we would have to acquire licensing from Magpul and do our own molds. However, it appears that they aren't interested in licensing at this time. If and when that changes we will of course pursue that direction. Some people have asked us to continue with plans to make a model for US customers using the real shells as the export restrictions wouldn't apply. We would love to but the market for the magazines is rather small and making multiple versions of the magazines for different markets isn't cost effective for us. We are completely committed to the STANAG design and will be producing them accordingly. We recently got a new CNC mill and will be doing the majority of parts in house. Several design changes have been made which allow for higher gas capacity and an overall more robust mechanism. The bolt carriers I showcased some months ago were halted due to some manufacturing considerations. Originally we wanted to use a Nylon based material but we have now changed this to a billet part in 7075-T6. Some design changes have been required to make this a possibility and we should have pricing available very soon. Perhaps also worth noting is that Cradle Airsoft will be undergoing a name change with the launch of the new web site. Lots of things are changing around here as we add machines and new faces. Both are adding to our capability and speed and so we hope to be releasing a lot of product, including things not listed here, soon.

Sounds pretty exciting, too bad about the pmags..but not a huge deal.
Cinco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 11:55   #327
Pinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarosa View Post
Ic, I will look into this, it says compatible with gbbr too ^^ And would you mind telling me if the reticle is bright enough when using in a bright sunlight? Thanks.

Great! thanks a lot for the info

hum I would say yes because that thing is god damned bright but I'll have to see at a game
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:30   #328
Conker

Tried searching, but "heavy recoil" or "heavy buffer" gives a looot of unrelated crap... so put short:

Is there an heavy recoil kit (buffer or whatever)?

Pinard dropped his at my place so I could paint it, and I got the possibility to shoot it... I overall love it, but I'd definitely enjoy an heavier recoil. It's quite significantly less than the PDW I tried recently. Gaz consumption isn't a problem as long as I can finish my mag once... if I gotta reload it with BBs, might as well reload it with gaz at the same time.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 14:00   #329
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

I know that if you add the bolt carrier extension sold by Cradle, the recoil is a little better. But more recoil...more chances that it will break... (in fact the Bolt carrier extension help so that you retention pin in the receiver don't break)That is why the WA breaks so often...

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
Old March 2nd, 2011, 06:39   #330
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

Just gamed with it in -30*C weather. Was able to empty 4 mags, but bolt did not lock back. The 3 mags I shot after the 4 expelled all the gas out.

I guess this is to be expected in such cold weather, but I'm still impressed that it even worked to be honest.

My TM glock, on the other hand, had troubles cycling properly in the cold.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion