Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Year Of The GBBR....or just a stinky smell that's passing through...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 5th, 2010, 20:32   #256
theshaneler

im big on the KJW, i love the fact that with minimal (and i mean minimal) upkeep, this thing is running like a champ!

the mags suck, but i get very little cooldown and still no issues to report. the design is odd and not 100% the same as RS, but that's what makes it so reliable.

i think i may pick up a WE for my next gun and i will make a decision as to which is better, but for a poor university student, the KJW doesn't disappoint. i have not had to buy a single upgrade part or replacement part.

another big bonus of the KJW is some of the big name aftermarket companies that are starting to make parts. RA-tech has started and laylax is also making some parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 20:32   #257
HeadlessChicken

I'm thinking of converting to a WE once my WA breaks down. I've had a number of issues thats cost me about 1/2 the price of the gun itself in repairs. Though those Prowin mags are like bricks, no issues whatsoever.

The KSC/KWA MP7 is an awesome platform; kept mine stock for almost a year now with no problems. Kick is light, almost non-existent but its loud and efficient.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 22:17   #258
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Now that GHK released its CO2 mags, I'm going back to the WA M4s once again.
I think I'll try one of the G&P WOC once I come back... should be fun.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 00:24   #259
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short View Post
Now that GHK released its CO2 mags, I'm going back to the WA M4s once again.
I think I'll try one of the G&P WOC once I come back... should be fun.
watch out, so far GHK CO2 has nothing but complaints,
The design is flawed and will leak. I beg you to hold your horses and wait for the KUI/ EB CO2-Propane dual powered. (Expansion chamber can be filled with propane if you dont want to use CO2, just keep a empty CO2 casing)

For those who is looking for a GBBR right now, I suggest you want for the KSC/KWA one. If you know anything about System 7 and NS2 you will know how good the gas efficiency system is. I'm willing to stick my head out and say it will be far more efficienct than any current WA variant. Although CO2 won't be available unless third party makes it, but their gun functions in sub zero so I'm willing to say 5-10 degrees should not be a problem.
Old October 6th, 2010, 00:28   #260
Conker

I'm getting tempted by a VFC right now... but I'm puzzled due to its compatibility with WA (=lots of parts)... yet it's not totally compatible...

The KSC/KWA makes me want to wait tho.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 00:50   #261
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
True that...
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:03   #262
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post

ETA October 2010... :P
Old October 6th, 2010, 01:34   #263
audi_bhoy

I am personally in love with my KJW M4, I've been able to game it once in a skirmish day, otherwise I wouldn't match up with those damn high capacity mags on AEGs, so far with 4 mags x 38Rnds in single shooting, I can manage to have enought ammo for a while. In milsim type games where there's no trigger happy, it's so fun to have, but bye bye the silent shooting, everyone on the field can tell where you are. But I kind of like that
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:33   #264
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
.... it's so fun to have, but bye bye the silent shooting, everyone on the field can tell where you are. But I kind of like that
actually.... ppl run away from you... :P
Old October 6th, 2010, 08:50   #265
m102404
Tys

2 somewhat recent games come to mind when I think of the "sound of the game"...

1. TTAC3 firefight night. Small group of good guy...around 8-10. Everyone but 1 person had a GBBR. What a racket when the shooting started. The "I know where you are" was reversed...the ultra quiet (seemingly) zip-zip of the only AEG was a dead giveaway and like a homing beacon for drawing fire.

2. FTF's battle of the 30. A LOT of guys had GBBRs out for that one. It's a real cap, ammo limited game anyways...so that fit the bill perfectly (cause it does stink when, with a 10 mag loadout, one person has 300rnds and another person has 1200rnds). The noise of little firefights out in the bush was great...you could tell that one patrol had gotten bumped by another. AEG's end up being very "silenced" at distance...no so with a GBBR. C3SK's WE M14 GBBR was very distinct....it has a very different clack/clank sort of sound compared to others. And when you're firing out from your skirmish line and there's a rattle of noise from everyone...it delivers a Je ne sais quoi to the game. Downside is...you tend to get lost in the sound...I couldn't hear a buddy calling hit because of a comms earpiece in one ear and a GBBR rattling off in the other and over shot him.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:11   #266
Strelok

I hate to break the stream here, but what are your impressions overall on the WE M14 Tys? I've got one on the way right now and you seem very well versed in them. Planning on upgrading the barrel and hopup, and getting a NPAS kit for it~

Can't wait.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:28   #267
m102404
Tys

Best to see C3sK's thread...I only gave his M14 an eyeball and once over...so I am by no means an expert on them (especially longevity of it).

Just an educated eye.

I do not know how the NPAS kit is setup for it...I haven't pursued that info, so no comment from me.

Inner barrel upgrade will be straight forward...hopup rubber too. Adjusting the hopup arm for true/consistent action will be a bit fiddly...go easy on it.

Overall...
+ I liked the action, feel, detailing, gas capacity/reserves of the mag.
= neutral on nozzle system (it's basically an oversized GBB nozzle)
- did not like the plastic of the heat shield cover, did not like the tolerances of the bolt in the receiver...they're ok and functional...but does not leave much room to do anything with it (i.e. tapping screws/etc.)
...it's a shooter, can't comment on longevity, too heavy/long for me
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:11   #268
RacingManiac

Does anybody in CAPS have one? Would love to check a WE M14 out on the 15th...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 18:13   #269
Conker

Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 19:16   #270
kullwarrior

Conker, that's news.....back in February
FYI: SRC took over GHK's AK and G36 Mags is made by GHK, they have a video already.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion