Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Year Of The GBBR....or just a stinky smell that's passing through...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 18th, 2009, 00:11   #31
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevorkian View Post
my .02 cents worth...

custom gbbr = very expensive wall hanger/basement plinker, and i still wouldn't sell either of them!

ptw = indoor/outdoor, all around workhorse. They have yet to let me down!
aeg - pwns all of the above
Old August 18th, 2009, 00:44   #32
chronic

I really hope that AGM does a better job on their next batch of GBBRs. If they can get it right to create a skirmishable GBBR with a reasonable price tag..
Old August 18th, 2009, 00:53   #33
RacingManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic View Post
I really hope that AGM does a better job on their next batch of GBBRs. If they can get it right to create a skirmishable GBBR with a reasonable price tag..
You get what you pay for....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 00:57   #34
KEVORKIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
You get what you pay for....
Not true!
I purchased an Inokatsu GBB M4 and I was VERY disappointed!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:09   #35
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic View Post
With a little luck, they will learn from the other guys, and not make stupid dev choices like placing the hopup adjustment under the handguards.
First WE m4's sucked big time, now look at them, all fancy with their military contracts and stuff...

I never got to use the first generation WE m4's... but from what I've seen/read apparently they were just as bad, if not worse.
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:16   #36
skalnok

im personally hoping that i will be able to get a we m4 sometime soon seeing as my attraction to airsoft is the realism
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:30   #37
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORKIAN View Post
Not true!
LOL heard in the end on gungas forum that a WOC pretty much matches what a MTW has. Of course the parts breaking are different ones, but so far my WOC has been really good! RA-Tech....Not so much...they disappoint me both on service, and product for the what you get.

G&P WOC parts broke so far: (3.5k through)
*Charging Handle, replaced with the new buffer G&P charging handle as well as 5KU both work great after wards.
*Bolt Carrier, I don't really consider it as broken since the only problem was bolt catch failing to catch it, but comparing to RA-Tech its better.

as for RA-Tech....
*NPAS Flute valve broke, they knew the problem, but they decide to charge me for the replacement, Im not sure why some people got the replacement for free!
*NPAS design which self changing fps, right now its so lovely that the NPAS adjuster will adjust it self as you shoot, and if the flute valve feet is expose, blow back will not happen sucks I know.
*Bolt Carrier, despite being made of good metal (don't think its steel) the bolt catch will only work 75% of time now

Overall, the Magna Design is still flawed to this day, problems still not address. In my opinion the fps adjustment shouldve been done through the magazine in psi adjustment but that would require it to be CO2.
Old August 18th, 2009, 01:46   #38
PRELUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORKIAN View Post
Not true!
i second that.
Last resort: HARSH WORDS

Buy & Sell Rating (OLD)
PRELUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:08   #39
Bonjour43ma

As a collector I bought 2 GBBRs this year so there is definitely a (small) market for those that crave realism in handling and maintaining their weapons. I think as price comes down (thanks to China clones) the low entry point for getting GBBRs will definitely attract more players in buying one, just to "fiddle around" with them.

I don't know about you guys but the sound of metal hitting metal is definitely more rewarding than high-revving gearboxes, not to mention the kickback of the rilfe when the bolt carrier group moves back and forth in the receiver - it simply makes the shooting experience that much more realistic and satisfying.

just my 2 newbie cents.
Bonjour43ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:11   #40
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
As a collector I bought 2 GBBRs this year so there is definitely a (small) market for those that crave realism in handling and maintaining their weapons. I think as price comes down (thanks to China clones) the low entry point for getting GBBRs will definitely attract more players in buying one, just to "fiddle around" with them.

I don't know about you guys but the sound of metal hitting metal is definitely more rewarding than high-revving gearboxes, not to mention the kickback of the rilfe when the bolt carrier group moves back and forth in the receiver - it simply makes the shooting experience that much more realistic and satisfying.

just my 2 newbie cents.
I think the most enjoyable part was disassembling the WOC, I didnt bother for the WA manual, I went to Brownells and look INTO how to build AR-15, and it works!!! Only difference is that WOC has less retention pins. Gotta love that!
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:27   #41
Bonjour43ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
I think the most enjoyable part was disassembling the WOC, I didnt bother for the WA manual, I went to Brownells and look INTO how to build AR-15, and it works!!! Only difference is that WOC has less retention pins. Gotta love that!
I know. I've always told people that HALF of the fun of these gas blowback guns is building, fixing, and maintaining them. Shooting them in full-auto is the ultimate reward but even fiddling with them is just as entertaining (for me anyway).

I'm embarrassed to say that I often have a pistol or rifle in hand while watching TV/movies... people think I'm crazy. lol
Bonjour43ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 06:49   #42
Sim123456

I had a WE M4A1 for a time and I will never go for another brand once you tried one... nothing broke, was a ver.2. Now I'm waiting for my seconde WE
Sim123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:48   #43
m102404
Tys

Brief Synopsis

Just a quick summary since some guys won't read the whole thread...
- this is my summary, may not reflect your personal views
- I've tried to be impartial...if you think part of this is worth changing, let me know why.

Original Questions and Summary Answers So Far:
* Does anyone actually think these things are skirmishable/gameable here in Canada?
- Majority...no & too early to tell...but fracken hope so (that's my own bias)
- Beginning local field reports...Yes, works well (it was a nice warm weekend running on duster to get under 400), if you get one that works reliably in the first place.
- 1st Gen stuff can be lousy, subsequent replacement parts and versions seem to address issues.
- You get what you pay for...AGM GBBR = FAIL

* Would you ditch ALL your AEGs/PTWs to go over to the gas-side?
- For most...No....but once you have one the AEGs start to gather dust
- For some...Yes. Cannot beat the realism, action and smile factor

* Are you positioning your GBBR as just a fun gun? Occasional use? Full-on go-to primary?
- For most....Fun Gun/Occasional Use/Wall Hanger (tactile reinforcement tool for watching TV/movies )
- For a few...go 2 primary

Other Notes:
- PTW guys still love their PTWs (for good reason...they are so nicely engineered! )
- AEGs are tried, tested and true for many...don't want to mess with sucess.

Last edited by m102404; August 18th, 2009 at 07:50..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 09:21   #44
Sim123456

Quote:
tactile reinforcement tool for watching TV/movies
I always keept mince close when I was watching CSI... just in case swat team was needed...
Sim123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:01   #45
Sasha

I like the idea, but I fucking hate propane. What I'd like to see is maybe a compromise between gas and electric, like maybe a gun that can use either. barring this (it would be horribly complex and expensive) maybe I'm cool with waiting for them to come out with a more reliable version. In any case, if there proves to be a demand for them, there will surely be better versions coming out to meet it. But I'd never get rid of my aeg.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion