Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Grenade Launchers - Good, Bad or Stupid ?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 28th, 2009, 02:34   #91
Danke

That's where the FN stand-alone really comes in, run it as a seperate launcher, or attach it to a rife. Best of both worlds.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:27   #92
grimreefer

Alright I think I'm pretty set on this M203 idea. Forgive me if this has been discussed before: As far as what is reasonably attainable in canada at this time...what barrel mounted short M203 is the most realistic, and where can I get one?
Old January 29th, 2009, 01:35   #93
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
They're all more or less the same, some have a metal barrell others have a plastic one, and as mentioned above the safety isn't always accurately made, that's about the only real difference. Unlike aeg's m203's are pretty simple devices so there's not alot that can be different. What brand you get more depends on what brand of gun you're mounting it on. If you have a CA M4 then you need to get a CA launcher or you'll need adaptor kits. The CA model is the only one I've had experence with. It works well I think besides the safety catch issue, never had a misfire or accidental discharge. Hopefully others will chime in with experiences with other manufacturers.

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 03:10   #94
Drake
E-01

I've used/owned various G&P (RIS, barrel mount) and the VFC. The barrel mounted versions are the most accurate (the RIS one sits too low and ends up looking funny). The G&P ones come for either TM front end or GP front end: the difference is in the type of delta ring you're using (more specifically the barrel nut itself);

TM having their own delta ring going on for their barrel setup. I don't know how the newest M4 is, it may or may not have change. The S-System also has some weird collar, not sure if/how an M203 fits.

The "G&P front ends" use a realistic barrel nut (tube with spurs, see pic below) and so those M203s mount like the real deal. King Arms, Systema (PTW), and probably others all use this type of barrel nut/delta ring. As mentioned, CA requires its own mount, and AFAIK ICS uses the TM style delta ring.

Proper barrel nut

You can buy them as aftermarket parts, but if you have some other proprietary handguard that might faggle up your setup.

Also in the vein of realism, if you want QD capabilities for a barrel mounted M203, there exists a QD front mount which allows you to install and remove the launcher without tools.

M203 QD adapter
Old February 3rd, 2009, 15:12   #95
panzergrenadier

Here's My C7A2 with the M203 attatched with the handguard on...
not exactly like the CF M203 but close enough....
I had to Cut some holes in the lower handguard, add a nut for a bolt to the M203 (there's a spot for screws to go in on the top but it doesn't come with nuts in the holes), Screwed on the handguard so it's nice and sturdy... I still need to find a better solution to the fron mount point(right now it's zap strapped...) But it looks great!

Last edited by panzergrenadier; October 11th, 2010 at 20:30..
panzergrenadier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 19:25   #96
Leopard2a6m

What make of grenade launcher is that I'm doing a C7A1 project soon I prefer the full stock for easier battery access.
Leopard2a6m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 20:56   #97
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
AFAIK ICS uses the TM style delta ring.
Ive never seen the TM Style one, but if ICS is using the same, the ICS version is a circle with 2 'wings' on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 23:17   #98
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard2a6m View Post
What make of grenade launcher is that I'm doing a C7A1 project soon I prefer the full stock for easier battery access.
It's a 2Roy grenade Launcher...
Old February 6th, 2009, 18:28   #99
coach
aka coachster

My mini nerf vortex rockets arrived today. Will be heading out to home depot with a nade and the rocket to devise some sort of add on to my AGX launcher to house the rocket or a stand alone mortar launcher.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 18:32   #100
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
My mini nerf vortex rockets arrived today. Will be heading out to home depot with a nade and the rocket to devise some sort of add on to my AGX launcher to house the rocket or a stand alone mortar launcher.
Sweet... I'd love to figure out a way to make a nerf rocket filled with bbs that explodes on impact... that would be awesome... maybe a project for myself in the near future
Old February 6th, 2009, 18:41   #101
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzergrenadier View Post
Sweet... I'd love to figure out a way to make a nerf rocket filled with bbs that explodes on impact... that would be awesome... maybe a project for myself in the near future
no bb's in these. will pretty much be for taking out tanks/vehicles or for launching something into an open roofed building to clear it out.

will have to wait until better weather to hit an outdoor game to test out the range on these things. only thing I wished is that they still made these with the howlers in them.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 18:59   #102
jesster202

thats awesome
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009, 19:23   #103
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
no bb's in these. will pretty much be for taking out tanks/vehicles or for launching something into an open roofed building to clear it out.

will have to wait until better weather to hit an outdoor game to test out the range on these things. only thing I wished is that they still made these with the howlers in them.
Yeah the Howlers would be awesome
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:52   #104
Cpl T. Syndrome

YouTube - Airsoft M203 Grenade Launcher

nuff said!!!!...if you know what there cappable of and know what cha doin they can be very affective.. There's a vid out there that I haven't seen in a bit where a dude knocks another off a wall that would sell you on one immediatly..anyone??

there more of an up close an personable alternative( 40-50 feet) that would make someone think twice bout rushin in on ya..lol

Last edited by Cpl T. Syndrome; February 7th, 2009 at 09:55..
Cpl T. Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:56   #105
arcanuck

I like the grenades that shoot paintballs.
arcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion