Tokyo Marui - TM P90

:

Reviews

Old November 10th, 2008, 23:30   #1
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Tokyo Marui - TM P90

TM P90 TR Silenced

Well I have had it for 2 months now got it Brand New!

Contents:
- External Quality
- Internal Quality
- Action Report

Upgrades (Extern and Intern)
- Madbull 6.04 455mm Inner Barrel (Hidden under silencer)
- Modify 90 Spring (320 FPS) Will Chrono
- BSA Red Dot Sight

Use:
- 3x 68rd Mag
- 9.6v 1400 mAh (Main) Boosts Rate of Fire
- 8.4v Battery (Backup)

External Quality
External quality of TM P90 guns you all already know so lets not waste time blabbing about its appearance. The gun can be easily broken down and if you liek to travel light this is gun is for you. You can separate it into two parts and fit it into an normal size gym bag, so that if you are travelling via public transit it does not look awkward.

The great thing about this gun is that its quite water resistant. Not waterproof! But water resistant which in the rain you can still game it no problem.

Easy Break-Down

455mm Barrel Hidden Very Well

Last edited by cbcsteve; November 11th, 2008 at 00:08..
cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 23:30   #2
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Internal Quality

Internal Quality

Very simple and easy to understand. If I were a noob (still am, sort of) I would choose this gun. Why? Cause the version 6 is a dream to work with. Easy to open and close and no need to re-seat the motor either like Ver 3 AK gearbox.

Oddly enough the Ver 2 Spring guide can be used just the Tappet and Cylinder head are special to their own make. After working with Ver 2 and Ver 3 mechboxes and totally destryoing them and rebuilding them and destroying them again I learned the ways of the mechbox with the help of crunchmeister, m102404, CDN_stalker and more.

If I knew about Version 6 gearboxes in the first place I would have got the P90 before a MP5.

Only downfall is that when I first opened the gearbox the tappet plate snapped somehow, but after replacing it with parts I got from airsoftparts.ca it was working great and never snapped

Old November 10th, 2008, 23:31   #3
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Action Report

Action Report

TTAC3 Firefight Nights

Minimum Engagement Length - 2-5 meters - 6-16 Feet

At such a close engagement the P90 still performs well but I find a pistol is the best for room clearing in the tight spaces setup in TTAC3

Defcon Paintball Field

Minimum Engagement Length - 10 meters - 30 Feet

"Ai yaaaa!! POK GUY got hit!!"

Photo Courtesy: matt491

Performance in CQB:
After installing the 455mm barrel you can hit anything on a standard paintball field (Defcon and Sgt. Splatters) with great groupings. I can stand at the back of Defcon field (Roughly 30 metres? Correct me if I am wrong) and plink off people.

Though having the long barrel gives you a sense of invincibility and putting the hurt but as you can see in the video if you advance like a maniac like me then well a long barrel does not always make you god.

The ergonomic design allows for a aggressive push but the mags can be a bit cumbersome as its quite hard to take out my mag and restrap it in back into its pouch. Sure its easy to do by myself at home. But on the field in the heat of battle and you hear the enemy approaching your hands get a bit figedity and may have problems with a BB blocking the loading port if you don't load the mag properly you are toast!

FTF OP (Brian McIlmoyle Field)

Minimum Engagement Length - 30 meters - 98 Feet

Fielded this gun at the FTF game on Nov 9 http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=70376

Wow this gun is amazing in the forest. Sadly half of the game was cut short when my battery died and I had to use Brian's AK-47, Thanks Brian! Though the AK-47 was very accurate and deadly it was very hard to run at top speed.

With the P90 I was able to have one hand holding my gun while the other free hand moving brushes aside and lifting myself over dead trunks. Exhilarating it was to do a kamikaze runaway from Tyson and friends, but he got me anyway although not after running some 30 meters away from 6 people.

A P90 with a 455mm Barrel surprised me how far it can reach in a forest, I am used to thinking with my MP5, "Oh boy that M4s (or AK) got me pinned and I can't hit shit from here" but having a 455mm tightbore you can just as well hit them if they can hit you.

Last edited by cbcsteve; November 11th, 2008 at 00:09..
Old November 16th, 2008, 02:43   #4
metallicaz83

Very nice. Thanks for the review and info. How do you like the BSA Red Dot Scope? I was thinking of getting one myself.
metallicaz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 03:01   #5
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

I love it, I used it in the forest and indoors in the dark

One problem though is that if you set it too high it actually gives you a bit of a glare in the dark.

So its best in light conditions but if its pitch black you will probably need a better red dot sight but how often would you play in pitch black anyway? The lowest setting g gives a little glare but not too bad

Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:04   #6
Trav38

What length is the silencer on that and the brand? I would really like to do my p90 up like that! Very nice gun! You said that it is water resistant, do you know if the echo 1 version is as well?
Trav38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:21   #7
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
That's the silencer that comes with the gun.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:29   #8
White_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav38 View Post
What length is the silencer on that and the brand? I would really like to do my p90 up like that! Very nice gun! You said that it is water resistant, do you know if the echo 1 version is as well?
its around 20-25cm and its the tm stock suppressor. i have one myself with a systema TB and let me tell you its by far my most accurate gun, and ironicly has the shortest barrel out of all of them.

there she be on the right. EoTech FTW (not my eotech, just borrowed it for the pic) so damn sexy.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:40   #9
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

That pretty much answers it

Also I wouldn't say its 100% water resistant like I am pretty sure it cannot survive being thrown in a pool of water but when its raining the gun still performs well provided the temp is Winter weather. I was scared it would not work but it still held up, I've heard PTWs die in the rain.

The reason why it still runs is because there are basically no seams that water can enter into the battery area or gear box other than the magazine port and back stock. But those parts are usually covered anyway

Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:14   #10
Trav38

Oh I see. Wow, the tm silencer is pretty long. I could imagine, ptw's have a lot of electronics on them. Very nice guns White Knight! You like m4's I can tell haha! Is that the TM Thompson?
Trav38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:21   #11
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

The Bullpup design allows you to hold it close to your body so even with a long silencer the gun does not feel over extended

But I would definitely say stick to the stock barrel or upgrade it to a tightbore as I noticed that even though I had a AK 455mm tightbore barrel in it, I found the small barrel a bit more maneuverable.

The whole point of the P90 is for sneaking or quick rush which I usually do and its great for stacking up and shooting in tight areas.

The only downfall is that on the battlefield you are pretty much alone as nobody has mags like you do and you would have to get pouches made for the P90 magazine.

But in CQB this thing is a beast

Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:37   #12
deltaop1

Thank you for the information Steve. If anyone is looking for pouches designed to hold P90 style magazines here are some vendors that can supply that need:

Dave's Surplus (Canada)

The Vest Guy (USA) ... this vendor also sells vests and slings made to handle the P90

Happy shopping
deltaop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:42   #13
Mike272

Very informative, thanks.
Mike272 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews