Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 26th, 2014, 11:43   #61
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I think it looks cool, and as per the video you can swap out stocks and rail systems to make it your own. Dialing in your FPS without having to crack open a gearbox to change a spring, nice! I will be checking out this gun for sure when it's released.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 13:56   #62
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

This may be my first GBBR, as Tippmam seems to be well loved for their products. Obviously you guys didn't throw this together overnight, and it shows you put some real thought into this. I like the look of the product, I like the R&D with milspec parts, I like the effort to try and accommodate existing upgrade airsoft parts. It seems your price point is solid as well. Good quality without spending a fortune is great.

I'd love to see a serious shift in addressing the issues that are unique to gas.

- Temperature/FPS swing

- Ability to sling more rounds down range without carrying a massive amount of cartridges, or a hard lined system, etc.

- common failures/maintenance issues

- etc

I'm not fully versed on all gases, but just how stable is CO2? Will it be a neglibable difference between cold and hot temperatures? Could you have system where you fill mags off of a remote line, instead of having your gun attached to a hose constantly?

I recommend Tippman look into the Systema hop-up and barrel design, also the Marui VSR hop-up and barrel design as well. The Marui AEG system is very mediocre.
Old February 26th, 2014, 14:03   #63
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
SuperHog, I hate to break it to you, but Tippmann is one of the largest paintball companies worldwide, and has been for years. The merger between GI Sportz and Tippmann corrected the 2 areas that Tippmann was lacking in; paintballs themselves, and broad range soft goods.
Tippmann's 98 Custom continues to be the #1 selling paintball marker worldwide.
Kee (Empire), while huge in the number of companies it has in it's stable (Empire, BT, Halo, JT, RPS, Extreme Rage, Pure Energy), has had its own share of problems over the years. Kee has also stated they have no desire to enter the airsoft world.

Cheap? I'll put Tippmann's gun up against any AEG out there for durability and reliability. They build things to last and be reliable. There are original Tippmann 98's still being used as field rental markers... making them 16 years old and still going strong.
Hate to break it to you, I also play paintball.

It is not a merger. Tippmann Jr. sold the company a long time ago to Summit Corp. If it was doing so good, why would he sell it? Why not pass it down to his kids like his father did for him.

As for field rentals. Spyders were the choice then Tippmann. GOGs are now becoming popular and entering into the rental business. Tippmann failed with the early propane power markers, and todays so called tourney/woodsball Crossover and looking for other businesses.

As for the being the biggest, so was Spyder (Kingman) now Empire owns it.

I shot Autocockers (WPG), Angels, (Shocker,Impulse) SP, EGO (PE), Axes (Empire), so been there.

Last edited by SuperHog; February 26th, 2014 at 14:11..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 14:10   #64
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

1) it's essentially a sun project M4 or daytonagun with way better infrastructure for getting replacement parts
2) seems they made it pretty aftermarket compatible with rails, standard barrels, hop rubbers, maybe stocks but not buffer tubes?
3) proprietary mags are a downer whether you're using the CO2 cartridges or not, seems like you need the same mags.
4) DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY COULD DO ANY WORSE OF A JOB THAN SUN PROJECT???

Not to mention, if we're talking about airsoft quality as a whole, we've got some way less reputable companies to deal with on the market.
Who cares if it's a paintball company, it's nice to see someone with infrastructure and already good quality control making a gun.

Also, Lindz, CO2 is very stable across the board, HPA even more so. With this one you have the option of running CO2 cartridges or an HPA line to a tank, like a daytonagun or sun project.

Last edited by ThunderCactus; February 26th, 2014 at 14:12..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 14:14   #65
SuperHog

Tippmann is into paintball and sewing .....

http://www.tippmannindustrial.com/
Old February 26th, 2014, 14:25   #66
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

Tippmann was sold by Dennis SR. to Summit... bought back by Dennis JR. as of June 1 2013.. merged with GI sportz as of Jan 1 2014. It was initially sold as Summit paid $145 million for it. I'd sell too for that much money. Dennis Jr. stayed on, then as just stated, took controlling interest back.
The merger made sense. Tippmann missed out on the purchase of Draxxus and needed to be a one stop shop, like Kee and Valken were.
Spyders and GoG may be used at the odd field, but the 98C worldwide is the largest selling paintball marker and the most used rental marker.

Tippmann's original line up included sewing machines and replica .22 cal machineguns. The business has branched a lot since then. 1986 saw Tippmann enter paintball from their replica gun side and they have grown ever since.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 15:10   #67
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Okay, so we have gas covered. Obviously you want HPA or CO2, as long as you can control your FPS, also seems covered.

Am I correct in that a remote line means your gun is hard-lined to a tank at all times? If so, that is a step backwards for airsoft. Being untethered is the whole point; no tanks, no hoppers, no paintball downsides. That being said, is there a way to run the "stable gases" like CO2, HPA, etc, from a tank say mounted to your back, or inside of a butt-pack? And then having a line along your side or on your hip, that just "fills" a reservoir inside of a magazine, or inside of a stock or something. So no cartridges, and no hard-line. Is it doable?

Maybe this question was answered in a round about way, but I'm not clear.

So in the clear, "one" gas supply that can be easily, neatly, and appropriately integrated into your gear, like in a molle pouche. Then running a small hose along your side, or hip to a fill nozzle. That nozzle just "fills" magazines or onboard reservoirs in the gun, and does not stay attached. All while using stable gases.

Last edited by Ricochet; February 26th, 2014 at 15:13..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 15:19   #68
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
Tippmann was sold by Dennis SR. to Summit... bought back by Dennis JR. as of June 1 2013.. merged with GI sportz as of Jan 1 2014. It was initially sold as Summit paid $145 million for it. I'd sell too for that much money. Dennis Jr. stayed on, then as just stated, took controlling interest back.
The merger made sense. Tippmann missed out on the purchase of Draxxus and needed to be a one stop shop, like Kee and Valken were.
Spyders and GoG may be used at the odd field, but the 98C worldwide is the largest selling paintball marker and the most used rental marker.

Tippmann's original line up included sewing machines and replica .22 cal machineguns. The business has branched a lot since then. 1986 saw Tippmann enter paintball from their replica gun side and they have grown ever since.
Tippmann may the be most popular low end blow-back potmetal rental marker in the world, but that is where they are king.

Tippmann can not touch the tourney sector against DYE, Empire, MacDev, Bob Long and PE which had much better engineered CNC'd markers.

The GI Sportz thing was a take over... "Acquires". It did not say "Merger" or "Partnership".
http://paintball.tippmann.com/blog/b...ippmann-Sports
Even Jr. says "Richmond purchased Tippmann" in the video.

I do wish them well being USA made. And maybe they will do well in the airsoft industry.

Last edited by SuperHog; February 26th, 2014 at 15:31..
Old February 26th, 2014, 15:29   #69
Forever_kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Am I correct in that a remote line means your gun is hard-lined to a tank at all times? If so, that is a step backwards for airsoft. Being untethered is the whole point; no tanks, no hoppers, no paintball downsides. That being said, is there a way to run the "stable gases" like CO2, HPA, etc, from a tank say mounted to your back, or inside of a butt-pack? And then having a line along your side or on your hip, that just "fills" a reservoir inside of a magazine, or inside of a stock or something. So no cartridges, and no hard-line. Is it doable?
Yes, you are connected all the time to your rifle. It's like running a Polarstar or Daytona Gun. I have never had issue with my system getting snagged on anything.

As for the other part, I would say not likely, not without some weird DIY bits.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 15:34   #70
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_kaos View Post
Yes, you are connected all the time to your rifle. It's like running a Polarstar or Daytona Gun. I have never had issue with my system getting snagged on anything.

As for the other part, I would say not likely, not without some weird DIY bits.
Unfortunately air power guns have their limits unlike RS. Even the premium air rifles have to be tether to a scuba tank for the air supply.

Fx Boss .30 at 100 Meter - YouTube
Old February 26th, 2014, 15:37   #71
Forever_kaos

Not sure what you mean... that's pretty much exactly like a Daytona gun or P*.. we just run smaller tanks that fit somewhere somewhat comfortably on us.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 17:05   #72
SuperHog

We may see a smilar airsoft M4 version coming from the BT division of Empire.
Old February 26th, 2014, 17:57   #73
SuperCriollo

^^^

Where are you getting that info?

If the "kick" in this gun is any good, I'm getting one for sure. Is bolt compatible with the 98 custom? also are there any hard kick bolts for it? Ive seen many aftermarket ones, but they are made to do the opposite lol

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 18:11   #74
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
^^^

Where are you getting that info?

If the "kick" in this gun is any good, I'm getting one for sure. Is bolt compatible with the 98 custom? also are there any hard kick bolts for it? Ive seen many aftermarket ones, but they are made to do the opposite lol
Ben Tippmann parted his ways with The Tippman Company, but look at the BT markers from Empire. Very, very similar.

http://empirepaintball.com/paintball...ntball-markers

If the blow back design is similar to a 98, and yes the kick will be harsh like a 98 blow-back paintball gun.
Old February 27th, 2014, 03:41   #75
-=ArchAngel=-

Tippmann M4 with Hustle Paintball @ Extravaganza 2014 - YouTube

does that look like some sorta modular rail system?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion