Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 25th, 2014, 11:03   #31
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

Go right ahead Danke... and if you need more answers, just let me know and i'll answer what I can for you.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:26   #32
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Info also found on tippmann's blog, basically confirms everything Maverick said.

http://paintball.tippmann.com/blog/b...-from-Tippmann

Not a fan of the 12gram CO2 punch mag thing, seems like an aspect better left for the paintball realm than airsoft. I'd prefer additional functions, ie bolt lock, full travel charging handle, etc (the little things). The remote line is nice but I'm curious as to whether its HPA compatible (not a pballer, dunno if its as simple as switching tanks). Hop-up seems overly complicated and proprietary, why not use a proven hop up system that's easy to adjust without an allen key?

Definitely something to look out for, I'm curious how it compares to a daytona recoil wise and whether it'll affect the airsoft community or not.

Paintball's been shifting over to more realistic looking markers and with tippmann coming out with this, more people are going to learn about the niche sport that's airsoft and it could potentially become as mainstream as paintball. But is an influx of paintball players a good thing? Considering the different playstyles (speedball vs milsim) and mindset (ie laning/spray & pray vs fire & maneuver) I'm curious to see how things turn out.

PS. playing a bit of devil's advocate, nothing against paintballers, just curious and probably overly analytical.
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:29   #33
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Did I miss it, what's the release date? And what style op hop-up system is used, or what is it close to? What style of upgrade parts are they compatible with, AEG, VSR, etc?

Last edited by Ricochet; February 25th, 2014 at 11:36..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:36   #34
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Did I miss it, what's the release date? And what style op hop-up system is used, or what is it close to?
According to Tippmann's blog, they're launching it at this year's "Paintball Extravaganza," which coincidentally starts today and goes until the 27th. No slated release date.

Hop up seems proprietary? You can see a shot of it in the video they've posted at the 1:58 mark, Maverick know anything about it?

"The inner sleeved barrel is airsoft standard (aftermarket compatible) with adjustable hop up." Copied off their blog, clue?
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:59   #35
Wilkie

Certainly interesting.

I must point out that Tippmann has some of the worst externals I've ever seen, though paintball guns are in no way comparable to airsoft in that regard. One of the reasons I left paintball is because of the giant, overpriced, proprietary, almost-sort-of looks a little like the real thing plastic parts.

Hopefully Tippmann understands that the airsoft market is a little different from that of the paintball market
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 12:02   #36
ox71

As a milsim paintballer currently making the switch to airsoft I can vouch for the reliability of tippman products, I ran an A5 for 7 years and only replaced internal parts on a few occasions. Tippmanns warranty, customer support and customer service was always top notch.

Can you say what the cost of the mags will be?
typically gas in mag seems pretty expensive.

can you say anything about its gas or air efficiency,
How many rounds can be fired with a 13/3000 and a velocity of 350fps?

thanks.
ox71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 13:53   #37
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

More answers:

Inner barrel: The last model I shot used an inner barrel that is compatible with most of the AEG aftermarket barrels out there.

HopUp: Tippmann's hopup was their own design, but very similar to several of the hop up units I have seen. To be honest, I never had the chance to try a different hop up unit in it.

Mag Cost: The plan was to have mags come in at around $25.00 each US retail. Not sure if they hit that mark or not.

Externals: one of the reasons Tippmann's paintball externals are the way they are has to do with 2 things: patents/licensing and having externals that worked with the internals. Airsoft is allowing things to be much more realistic now.

Gas system: You can use CO2 or HPA no problem. For those that are not used to the difference, you may see a slight alteration in velocity when switching, but that is easily remedied.
We are working on an internal tank, there are just some DOT/TC/CE challenges that need to be met there that could take up to 2 more years.

Efficiency: a 12g CO2 cartridge will get you about 80 shots. Translating that to a 13/3000.. I'd have to work the math, but it's roughly 5x as efficient as a milsig paintball marker it that helps
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 13:59   #38
Adrenalineguy

HPA Air and CO2 are interchangeable..

As far as the big plastic proprietary parts go. the stocks and fore grips are AR compatible.
snap your real AR fore grips on..

Tippmann is famous for extended release dates, but they have been working hard on this for a long time and have taken on the advise of real Airsofters..

We will defiantly be looking at this as a new rental standard..
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 14:09   #39
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalineguy View Post

We will defiantly be looking at this as a new rental standard..
I would actually rent one of these at a field, sounds like its definitley worth a try, and it would make a way more awesome rental than the sewing machines usually offered

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 14:10   #40
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
I'll get getting one, team external air FTW
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 14:13   #41
Adrenalineguy

Mav will know better but I think a 13 cu take would give about 300 to 350 shots..

There will be a gas in stock within minutes of the release.. 13 cu in
Adrenalineguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 14:19   #42
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
Go right ahead Danke... and if you need more answers, just let me know and i'll answer what I can for you.
First town hall question.

What kind of rig cant this gun run on? do you need a regulated HPA rig or is it possible to just hook up an unregulated CO2 tank? If HPA, do we need a high end rig, or will a basic in line regulator work fine?
Old February 25th, 2014, 15:34   #43
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Here's a question for Tippman and you GBBR users. What do you do during a 24 hour or more game, when you aren't going to run an external tank system, and you may have to expel thousands and thousands of rounds total, and you need to carry all your ammo and crap on you? Do you carry a blistering number of CO2 cartridges?
Old February 25th, 2014, 15:44   #44
Wrath144
formerly steyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
First town hall question.

What kind of rig cant this gun run on? do you need a regulated HPA rig or is it possible to just hook up an unregulated CO2 tank? If HPA, do we need a high end rig, or will a basic in line regulator work fine?
This may be the same question, but for clarity's sake, if using HPA, will the flow need to be further regulated after an HP output tank? I know a standard 98C is fine working off ~800psi so my guess is that this would be a similar situation.
Old February 25th, 2014, 15:45   #45
bareass

question...
what supports the CO2 in the mag? i like to keep my mags upside down in my pouches, it seams the the CO2 cartridge would fall out.
bareass is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion